Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Rules for players different than for Mobs

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 11, 2009
I have noticed that there seem to be different rules for mobs casting than for players

example: I have an absorb shield up / mob casts GHOUL - The spell bypasses the shield - does damage to me - and heals mob
BUT
when the MOB has the absorb up and I cast GHOUL - i get a ZERO result/ Mob takes NO DAMAGE -

Seems to be that there is a double standard here. How about making it the same effect both ways

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
Razgar wrote:
I have noticed that there seem to be different rules for mobs casting than for players

example: I have an absorb shield up / mob casts GHOUL - The spell bypasses the shield - does damage to me - and heals mob
BUT
when the MOB has the absorb up and I cast GHOUL - i get a ZERO result/ Mob takes NO DAMAGE -

Seems to be that there is a double standard here. How about making it the same effect both ways

No, for the Death magics Ghoul, Vampire, Wraith, and Scarecrow, you bypass absorbs. My guess is that you fizzled, and hence no health to you.

It is one way around absorb, and it is good there is a way, for at low levels it would otherwise be too much.

Hero
May 19, 2009
your wrong, all health stealing spells will bypass a absorb shield, even if an enemy has one

Hero
May 02, 2009
Survivor
Jul 11, 2009
NOPE i did not fizzle the spell / i have see this happen over a dozen times

GLITCH for sure

Survivor
Apr 04, 2009
Razgar wrote:
NOPE i did not fizzle the spell / i have see this happen over a dozen times

GLITCH for sure

This is odd.

My Death Grandmaster has completed everything except for crafting and Kensington Park and my Life Steals have ALWAYS bypassed Absorbs. It's one of the biggest benefits for being Death School.

Although, to be fair, I can't recall if I ever tried to use a Ghoul to get around one; as, by the time most monsters start using Absorbs, I was well onto Vampire as my primary attack.