Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The Monsters on the street are ANNOYING!!!!!!!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 07, 2009
I've just completed Krokotopia and I'm now in Marleybone and the street monsters are VERY annoying!!! They walk on both the sidewalks and the street and you can't even go through the streets without a fight. In Krokotopia, I noticed that the monsters were stepping onto the sidewalk and I have to battle these monsters that didn't even come close to me!!! Also, in Marleybone, I found this silver chest, when I tried to open it, an O'Leary Burgler forced me to battle it! When the battle was over, I opened the chest(sadly, I lost the game) and right after I played the game, I appeared in this battle with some O'Leary Scuttlers!!!!!! If you have any annoying monster stories, post them here!

Defender
May 29, 2009

wait until you encounter the clockwork guys and the wooden golems. They run as fast as you do. Almost everyone struggles with marleybone at first. There are no sidewalks since it all happens on rooftops. Here's a hint: try walking down the middle of the roof rather than the sides. Good luck.

Blaze520 wrote:
I've just completed Krokotopia and I'm now in Marleybone and the street monsters are VERY annoying!!! They walk on both the sidewalks and the street and you can't even go through the streets without a fight. In Krokotopia, I noticed that the monsters were stepping onto the sidewalk and I have to battle these monsters that didn't even come close to me!!! Also, in Marleybone, I found this silver chest, when I tried to open it, an O'Leary Burgler forced me to battle it! When the battle was over, I opened the chest(sadly, I lost the game) and right after I played the game, I appeared in this battle with some O'Leary Scuttlers!!!!!! If you have any annoying monster stories, post them here!

Survivor
Jun 08, 2009
one time i was in marlybone and i could not go two seconds without having a fight it was so annoying i died 13 times counted by me.

Explorer
Feb 11, 2009
Staying on the sidewalk might keep you safe on the streets but you should stay away from the edge while playing on rooftops

Survivor
Jun 07, 2009
I tried that already and when I tried to go to Gearhead's tower(I don't know the name of the building) and there were 3 or 4 bad guys running in circles like sharks waiting to attack something!!
carterma wrote:

wait until you encounter the clockwork guys and the wooden golems. They run as fast as you do. Almost everyone struggles with marleybone at first. There are no sidewalks since it all happens on rooftops. Here's a hint: try walking down the middle of the roof rather than the sides. Good luck.

Blaze520 wrote:

Survivor
Jun 25, 2009
Another thing to be careful of is the enemy`s movements. You need to keep track of their movement pattern so you know when to stop or turn. Like in katzenstein`s lab, the clockwork golems are fast, but not only that, they also can run towards the middle to turn around. So even if your in the middle, you have to stop occasionally at that place or you`ll run into a golem. Hope this helps. :-D

Survivor
Jul 29, 2009
there not so annoying to me but my game froze on me whenever I got to hyde park

Survivor
Jun 27, 2009
You haven't been to katzensteins lab then.
Me and my friend gave up on that last night.We kept battleing every five seconds.We were on for about 1 hour and we didn't even get to the second boss

Defender
May 08, 2009
shaymin57 wrote:

Another thing mb is famous for, freezing

Survivor
Jun 07, 2009
I just reached Chelsea court and you ppl are right! Those Gearheads are fast and annoying! All they do is just run around really quickly in circles and it's really hard to get past them! The rooftops in Marleybone are very confusing! Plus, it kept on freezing and the internet connection was lost already 2 times because it froze.

Delver
Jun 16, 2009
I finished Katz Lab hmmm maybe last week or so, and it was so hard. I am so glad i had my friend there, also if some of you are thinking about soloing Katz Lab, go in there by yourself a little, it is hard.
You have to battle a bunch of bosses before you get to kill Katz, I would recommend doing Katz Lab with 2 other people, 1 of them should be a healer.

Defender
Jul 01, 2008
Katz Lab is probably THE WORST, with the GEARHEADS. My Balance wizard just got to Marleybone (I completed the game on another Life Grand) and to tell the truth, I don't feel like doing this again. I completed Marleybone on my Life grand to get to MooShu because I've ported to a friend there before and I really liked that place. It was so pretty :-D

Explorer
Jan 29, 2009
You want hard, try Kensington Park. That has got to be the hardest instance in all of the game. All enemies have 2000+ hit points and they all move as fast as you do. Talk about a health and mana drainer. Plus, there are no red health pips floating around.

Survivor
May 26, 2009
YES katz lab is so annoying!! I heard the boss had 2000 health!!
and i cant even get to the first boss!! krokkotopia is fine with the monsters on the street...... but marleybone they need to have side walks!!!

Explorer
Feb 11, 2009
Seriously, if you slow down and watch the pattern and stay away from most edges it's not all that hard to get around MB.

Explorer
Jul 12, 2008
If I get stuck in Marleybone, I'm so lazy I press the Escape button. XD

Survivor
Dec 19, 2008
Darkhole54321 wrote:
shaymin57 wrote:

Another thing mb is famous for, freezing

I know!! I love Marleybone, but it makes quests extra difficult if it always freezes and then the badguys pull you in -_-