Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Quest Helper???

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 20, 2008
Ok so i have been playing for a while and all of a sudden my quest helper has stopped working. Is this happenig to anyone eles? I am just wondering because its hard to find somethings on here without it.

Survivor
Jun 25, 2009
mine seems to turn itself off every now and then. check your options and see if it might have switched to off.

Survivor
Jul 03, 2009
My quest helper also seems to shut itself off at times. Then if I exit then go back in, it starts working again.

Defender
May 16, 2009
almost every day my quest helper shuts off, and sometimes when i turn it on again it does not show! does anyone else have this problem? :?

Explorer
Feb 07, 2009
Survivor
Jun 23, 2009
Yes I have also had the problem where quest helper automatically turns itself off.
Today a different problem. While in DS with the quest helper turned on and showing, the arrow wouldn't move nor would the numbers on the arrow change as I got closer or farther away from my goal.

Quest helper can also contribute to this games annoying lag from time to time. If I turn it off the lag, for the most part, goes away then I just use "map" at intervals with help in finding my way.

Hunter Earthsong
level 47 Master Theurgist

Defender
Aug 02, 2008
smvb wrote:
The quick key for turning it off and on is 't'.

Just 't' ? if so no wonder why its always shutting itself off all the time.
should be a ctrl or shift + t.

Historian
Jun 14, 2009
I have the same problem. It has a tendency to turn off by itself. It makes me angry because if I don't notice it before I start a battle, I won't get the credit for doing the quest and have to do it all over again. I have spoken to tech support and was told pretty much that there wasn't a bug in the system that someone in my household is turning it off. Which is totally ludicrous, because I am playing at the time it is happening.

I am glad I am not the only one experiencing this problem, maybe KI will take this issue more seriously now, before they start lossing customers. I understand that this is their first year and they still have to work out a lot of kinks, but maybe they should listen to their customers who are playing the game.

Survivor
May 17, 2009
mine is doing this also..I cant find anything i need to find. I will be working on a quest and then the arrow this just disappears. i check to make sure it is on and it is. but it is not showing up. i tried restarting the game and it still has not come back. PLEASE get this fixed.

Survivor
Sep 07, 2009
Not only does my quest helper turn itself on and off - my balloons showing street names has totally disappeared. Wondering if this is because my health level continues to rise or just some type of but Thanks