Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Suggestion: Camera Control

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 05, 2009
I'm sure this has been requested before, but I did not find the entry. I apologize if I'm repeating something without adding more to the request.

Would it be possible to implement a little bit more camera control than what we currently have?

A couple of things I'd like to be able to do are:
  • Turn the camera during combat to change perspective (except maybe during an animation)

• Move the camera angle up for a top-down view

• Pull the camera back from my toon so it is not as close

I don't know how the game is coded, so I don't know how easy this would be to impliment. However, I do know that there is camera control already coded into the game, as I can turn the camera 360° from a fixed angle and range from toon.

Thank you for taking the time to read this, and more so if you happen to respond.

Cronniss Starrmyrr

Survivor
Aug 21, 2010
I know im necro-ing a year old thread, but this is what i was going to post also. So might as well use this thread instead of adding more useless threads.

These suggestions are the exact idea of what i felt was lacking in my ability to immerse myself in the game. The more camera control we have, the more we can feel immersion since it provides us many more angles of which to see the world. Why we can only look up into the SKY is kind of mind boggling. I don't see much in the sky that is all that interesting.

Also, some of the bosses or monsters are too tall for the current screen to be able to see the damage you do. So maybe making it so we can alter the angle of battle or maybe a combat log.