Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Who agrees that Frostholm is difficult to do solo?

AuthorMessage
Hero
May 02, 2009
Just what the title says.

I solo'ed frostholm tonight(or last night depending on when this is posted), and man, the final boss was tough.

After getting booted out of it because W101 encountered a problem, and beating the boss who I got kicked out of, it took me 2 tries to beat the Ivar Anderson imposter, the first time I took out the guards with my minion, second time, no minion and I beat him.

So really I only lost one time, even though I got cut out during the fight with the death boss at the prison there.

every now and then I would go back to the GH commons to get more health(mana wasn't an issue, and I only had one potion througout the entire instance), but other than that, I made it through solo, probably because I had been in there before I got the quest to go in there.

So the final boss was tough, so post your comments about frostholm and if you think it's difficult to solo.

Explorer
Jan 18, 2009
I don't know how it would be for those of the level who were meant for it, but I have a character of around that level and I predict that Frostholm shouldn't be that tough if it's played correctly.

Everything can be done if played well, with planning, with efficiency and knowing well what you're doing. It works very nicely for me.

Survivor
Oct 25, 2008
If you are the right lv it is no trouble at all I soloed it with my ice wiz lv49, and beat it easy:-)

Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
my sis did solo and didnt even know it was a instance! It was easy, very easy. i happened to jump in right at ivar anderson, but she couldve done it without me. as for how hard the boss is, he was pretty easy. Only like a thousand right? i forgot but i remember he wasnt that hard.

Defender
Aug 02, 2008
repeat wrote:
If you are the right lv it is no trouble at all I soloed it with my ice wiz lv49, and beat it easy:-)

LOL! level 49 I think that level is ment for Ravenscar.
level 30 is for Frostholm. (I think) What level were you when you soloed grizzle Flash33?

Survivor
Jun 04, 2009
I was working on it last night at a level 26. I finished all the sabotage and made it through the double doors. I lost connection and it made me start all over when I got back on. I think I'll get through it but having somebody with me would help.

Survivor
Nov 09, 2008
seriously how can do that solo? only one way,potions ,its the only way alone

Hero
May 02, 2009
SyphaN wrote:
repeat wrote:

LOL! level 49 I think that level is ment for Ravenscar.
level 30 is for Frostholm. (I think) What level were you when you soloed grizzle Flash33?

I was LV.46 when I solo'ed that instance.

I'm level 47 now.

Survivor
Aug 14, 2008
Really not hat hard to do, just use lots of power ups and go in with full potions and you should have not much problems. (probably should be like 30-35+)

Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
i think its the EASIEST THING EVER! i started when i was lvl 45 and it srsly was the easiest thing i have ever saw first i did it solo to see how it was like and i beat it, hey who knows maybe i'm just really good and it was hard hmmm maybe but the ivan bear was pretty hard when i was in the middle of it my friend allison showed up i was nearly dead but we both are ice now i am lvl 48 :-) so now i'm UNSTOPABLE! lol jk but i do have allot of health though i am almost a grand x screams x

sry got a little out of hand but yea i could of stopped him by my self i had an satyr card right there in my hand right there... uh right there in meh hand but it was a pretty good dungeon well c y'all laterz

Explorer
Nov 02, 2008
To tell you the truth (I know, it's really embarrassing for a lvl 50), I actually DIED when I did Frostholm. If there were HEALTH whisps I would have done the entire thing solo. But since there weren't even MANA whisps there, I died on the third boss, even with my Happy Piggle pet that gives my sprite and a dryad treasure card, I still died. So to tell you the truth, it is a BAD IDEA to do Frostholm solo.

~Michael Thunderspear
Grandmaster Pyromancer

Survivor
Feb 04, 2009
It is diffucult, but I solo cause I had 2 potions. Thats it though -_- Summoned minion alot, did my life spells and strong treasure cards alot. I did it, but right when I killed the last boss my real life friend ported
Oh well.

Tips: Have PLENTY of storm and life spells in your deck, perfect mana, full potions and more then 2 thousand health

Survivor
Aug 03, 2009
Frostholm is hard i've been trying solo for weeks and i still can't beat it

i'm a able to beat the first two bosses but since i'm storm the first boss i
really difficult

Once i reach lvl 35 or 40 i'll try solo again i'm lvl 33 storm (Valkoor ThunderRider)

Explorer
Mar 07, 2009
frostholm is not that hard it might seem a ittle hard but it isntAND it is just a little harder to solo. i soloed it when i was a lvl 32. the trick to it is to at least use your minon cards and use sheilds, blades &, traps. Oh and the last boss al lyou need to do is save up pips and use an attack that afects every one. ( but make sure there are traps and baldes before you use it.) But if you dont have an attack that afects all then just save up alot of pips by sheilding your self. that is all you need to do. it really is simple.

Survivor
Jun 18, 2009
flash33 wrote:
Just what the title says.

I solo'ed frostholm tonight(or last night depending on when this is posted), and man, the final boss was tough.

After getting booted out of it because W101 encountered a problem, and beating the boss who I got kicked out of, it took me 2 tries to beat the Ivar Anderson imposter, the first time I took out the guards with my minion, second time, no minion and I beat him.

So really I only lost one time, even though I got cut out during the fight with the death boss at the prison there.

every now and then I would go back to the GH commons to get more health(mana wasn't an issue, and I only had one potion througout the entire instance), but other than that, I made it through solo, probably because I had been in there before I got the quest to go in there.

So the final boss was tough, so post your comments about frostholm and if you think it's difficult to solo.
I was able to do it solo. I did need to buy a minion or two, but other than that I did it with no actual character to help.