Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

lazy minion

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 22, 2009
i was playing wizard 101 yesterday and i finily got my storm minion but he didnt do any thing he just sheild him self didnt attack didnt heal me didnt sheild me nothing i just wish he would do something else try to fix this plz :P plz tell me if you have this problem and if you think it sould be fixed

Mastermind
Jun 23, 2009
storm and fire minions are underpowered. storm doesn't have any attacks and fire just casts fire elves and VERY RARELY a fire cat.

both of them need to be powered up

Survivor
Jun 08, 2009
It takes 2 to 3 rounds for it to really get warmed up. Once it does, the taunts are very effective in pulling attacks off you for several rounds at least. Once the minion gets hit a few times, he may even start throwing ghouls at the enemy, which is useful.
The thing I find irritating is the fact that in boss fights, the taunt will stop working sometimes, and the minion can't make it stick anymore. So he just sits there shielding himself over and over and over while I'm getting creamed. I agree that it is annoying that the storm minion won't share the shields or do more offensively when the taunt won't work.

Defender
Apr 28, 2009
i know! my friend often casts a storm minion, and all he does is shield himself WAY TOO MUCH. absolutely no help at all.
PS today is my birthday! i'm going to watch that movie, spirited away tonight. awesome movie, don't see it often though. *puts metal detector up to box*

Survivor
Jan 29, 2009
They all do that for te reason of your saftey such as to annoy the enemy or totoaly distract them at certian times. Ice minions on the other hand such as mine fight like true warriors. But in the test that Ambrose has you take to be a wizard of some sort he asks you if you fight alone or in a team and storm and fire always pick alone and so thier minions make that possible to fight alone by being a figure in the background