Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

TRITON BEFORE STORMZILLA

AuthorMessage
Hero
May 19, 2009
why is it at level 38 i recieved a quest for the triton spell(rank 6), when i dont get stormzilla(rank 5) until level 42.

level 35-wild bolt
level 38-triton
level 42-stormzilla
level 48-storm lord

so why do we get the triton spell four levels before the stormzilla spell? triton is a more powerful single target spell then stormzilla, shouldnt we at least be level 45 before we get the triton spell?

Survivor
Jul 01, 2009
I really agree with this. It is kind of stupid. They should just have Triton at a higher lvl then stormzilla

Survivor
Dec 20, 2008
Defender
May 29, 2009

hmm, that is odd that storm gets the more powerful triton first. never that noticed that before.

revkev, that is not the same for fire. At lvl 38, fire gets smoke screen, a 1 pip spell that affects all enemies. It reduces their accuracy by 40% for their next spell. At lvl 42, you get helephant which is the most powerful fire spell against a single enemy in one round. The lvl 48 spell is fire dragon is an attack all spell which does deal more damage, but takes 3 rounds to do it.

revkev wrote:
do you think they have that for fire too?

Defender
Mar 09, 2009
revkev wrote:
do you think they have that for fire too?

No that is a school only spell which they get from a school only quest.

Survivor
Apr 19, 2009
DarthNexus wrote:
why is it at level 38 i recieved a quest for the triton spell(rank 6), when i dont get stormzilla(rank 5) until level 42.

level 35-wild bolt
level 38-triton
level 42-stormzilla
level 48-storm lord

so why do we get the triton spell four levels before the stormzilla spell? triton is a more powerful single target spell then stormzilla, shouldnt we at least be level 45 before we get the triton spell?

they did that because at the time they didn't have level 48 spells and they wanted triton to be exclusive for storms only so everyone doesn't go running around with a super strong triton card

Hero
May 19, 2009
they might not have had the pets or the level 48 spells at the time. But when they added these to the game they could of simply changed the quest to get the triton spell from 38 to 45. now the power of the spells are out of order, sure the triton spell is exculsive to storm only, and everyone can train for stormzilla, but it gives storm a big advantige and makes getting the stormzilla spell no fun.

Survivor
Nov 01, 2008
Well two things come to mind regarding the Triton before Stormzilla issue. First, you can't really compare quest spells with trainable spells. Quest spells are primary school only while trainable spells can be picked up as secondary schools. So Stormzilla being placed at 42 probably has more to do with balancing out secondary schools than it has to do with its relation within Storm. Sure, it's a long wait, but let's face it...our 4 pip attack spell hits harder than most 5 pip spells.

Second, completing the Triton quest at 38 is not feasible unless you recruit outside help. I, for one, didn't even work my way to that Oni until 41-42 so I ended up getting Stormzilla and Triton at the same time. No biggie as I didn't really need anything bigger than Kraken until DS.

Survivor
Jun 28, 2008
stormzilla does more damage per pip as it only costs 5 pips to cast , making it a superior spell

Hero
May 19, 2009
Slontoppy wrote:
stormzilla does more damage per pip as it only costs 5 pips to cast , making it a superior spell

well if you look at from the damage to pip ratio, then i guess based on what you said, all storm attacks are superior to every other attack? so i guess considering the damage to pip ratio, that also makes the thunder snake a superior spell to the ice collosus?