Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

damage wierdness

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 25, 2009
Let me preface this by saying that I *know* there's a bizarre bit of behavior when an attack does exactly the amount of damage equal to the creature's remaining health...something to do with rounding, I figure. But tonight it went one step further.

I was fighting Frithir (680 health), and attacked with a wyvern (with trap and hex) for 680 damage. The screen kinda got "stuck" for a few seconds after she disappeared, which was odd. Went back for another round of attacks on a creature that was now invisible (which is what usually happens when I hit for exact damage), so no biggie. I figured she had 1 health remaining, so I hit her with my wand for 71. Over, right? Nope.

She got one more round on me, and this time her health display (which didn't show up on the first "extra" round) read "31/680". For the life of me I can't figure out where the additional 101 health came from.

I probably wouldn't have written this tonight if it hadn't been for the fact my son had a similar instance this morning, but we couldn't document that one (and he's only 7, so I took what he told me with a grain of salt). And then my wife had another one about the same time I did...

Any other people seeing similar behaviors?

Explorer
Feb 01, 2009
actually yes, it happens to me quite often but more of the time in mooshu. it happened to me just this morning. i was battling random weak bosses in unicorn way and i used my helephant and i did 2000 or so damage to the lost soul. the next turn he was back in play again. i was so confused but it happens a lot to me so i get used to a few extra rounds of play.
paul fireward, master pyromancer

Survivor
Apr 25, 2009
Yeah, I'm used to the "exact damage" problem and the opponents coming back, but this 100-point discrepancy is, in my experience, new. And we play a couple of hours a day, so I posted it thinking that something had gone wrong with the last update, perhaps...

Survivor
Feb 08, 2009
Definitely, its even happening in PvP. In PvP the hit given to me was 455 and I had 500 health so I had 5 extra health and healed. Next round I was dead for no reason, the other person passed too. Its weird and it actually killed me once. Because I didn't realize the enemy was just invisible and could still attack!