Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

farming?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 21, 2009
i mean this is just my thoughts on the subject of farming...

but wouldn't fishing be a better name for this?

i know people aren't going to start calling it fishing just because i suggested it...

i just know i am from now on

Defender
Mar 01, 2009
why would fishing be better?
personally i like farming idk why but i like it and it sounds cooler to say something like "i am going farming" instead of "i am going fishing"

Explorer
Dec 22, 2008
I think you might be on to something....

Fishing is exactly what it feels like!

And I think it has a nicer ring to it, though they both still sound sort of yokel either way.

"I am going farming" (totally redneck)

"I am going fishing" (totally redneck)

Survivor
Apr 25, 2009
LetterBee wrote:
why would fishing be better?
personally i like farming idk why but i like it and it sounds cooler to say something like "i am going farming" instead of "i am going fishing"

I think it is more like "I am going Hunting, out of season."

Defender
Dec 23, 2008
Like most other gaming terms, this one comes from other games where the environment's a little different. In many games, you can position your character to defeat endless supplies of enemies (or any particular action) for the purpose of specifically raking in some sort of reward. The name has just carried over here, even though when you defeat an enemy here, you have only a small percentage chance of getting that reward.

Game terms are pretty resilient. I wouldn't hold out hopes of changing a term just because it fits better here.