Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Ice student needs some advice

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 16, 2009
I just started playing and picked Ice as my primary school to learn from. I'm just wondering what is a good secondary school. Any advice would be helpfull.

Survivor
Jun 25, 2008
clayco1 wrote:
I just started playing and picked Ice as my primary school to learn from. I'm just wondering what is a good secondary school. Any advice would be helpfull.
i am a lvl 41 death wizard, and my second is life, i love this combo. i tend to die alot, so i where clothing that gives me more hit points, and the healing that life gives has helped me and my teammates a lot. so i say life. :D

Survivor
Jun 27, 2009
I went with ice primary and storm secondary. Storm does the most damage, but also fizzles the most. With the higher health of ice, tower shield (50% shield to all), and the fire/storm shield, I can usually survive the few extra fizzles for the higher damage.

Survivor
Jun 09, 2009
if you want to play in a group, choose life because it can heal. if you want to solo then choose death so you can heal and attack. choose fire if you want meateor shower. choose storm if you want high attack and low accuracy.choose myth if you want good accuracy and good damage. and if you cant make up your mind choose balance, like me

jacob boomwalker lvl39 ice

Defender
May 28, 2009
My standard answer about secondary schools is "Death up to Feint and Ice up to Tower". That has merit in this circumstance but is not entirely helpful. I think that Feint would be a VERY helpful addition to your deck because Ice generally has lower damage than other schools. That 70% increase sitting out there will seriously bring your damage up. I believe that any other school after those two should either be primary or, just like previous posters believe, should be focused on a specific goal. No matter what you decide you should definitely invest 2 training points in the Elemental Blades and Traps at the balance tree in the Krokosphinx and if you play with others that could use the Spirit Blades and Traps you may consider spending another 2 training points on those as well. I am a Fire and my wife is a Life and it is really helpful when she or I can throw each other the right blades if we can't find them ourselves.