Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The 8th school: Scholars

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 24, 2009
I think that the new school should be Scholary. People who cause harm and fortify their allies wtih words that are givin power. For instance they could add a spell that is called Words of Wisdom, which could summon a few swirling books and one stops in front of the person it is being cast on, opens, and words flow out around the target and regenerate 10% mana over 3 rounds.

Or there could be a spell called Scripts of Pain, which could bring out one book that glows and opens in front of the enemy words flow out but not at the target, the words then form into arrows, daggers, swords etc. and ram into the enemy.

The ccolors would be Dark blue and Green

The Teacher could be an old man similar to the age of Merle Ambrose in the essence that he is bent over with a cane but looks like a man from the 40s.

This is just an idea from off the top of my head. Tell me what you guys think :)

Survivor
Dec 11, 2008
dont you think there are enough schools i meanthis would be of no use to grand masters because they probably would have used all their training points on other schools plus they would have to take the game down for like a day or two to put in the schools and new spells and quests and gear

Explorer
Jun 07, 2009
Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
phearsomm wrote:
I think that the new school should be Scholary. People who cause harm and fortify their allies wtih words that are givin power. For instance they could add a spell that is called Words of Wisdom, which could summon a few swirling books and one stops in front of the person it is being cast on, opens, and words flow out around the target and regenerate 10% mana over 3 rounds.

Or there could be a spell called Scripts of Pain, which could bring out one book that glows and opens in front of the enemy words flow out but not at the target, the words then form into arrows, daggers, swords etc. and ram into the enemy.

The Teacher could be an old man similar to the age of Merle Ambrose in the essence that he is bent over with a cane but looks like a man from the 40s.

This is just an idea from off the top of my head. Tell me what you guys think :)
I think it is a great idea that was some awesome thinking
the rank x spell in the school could be called words of magic and would give 10% mana per pip from 1-10 pips the rank 7 could be order swap and would change rather your team goes first or second say your team went second order swap would change it to where you go first if you went first use it to start going second.

Survivor
Mar 22, 2009
interseting not sure about the eith school but the spells sound amazing if KI added that it would be nice. Especially to regenerate mana in battle!

Survivor
Jul 24, 2009
i have come up with a full list of spells. (Trainer only spells, not quest related spells)

Razor Edges-
Cost 1 pip-
75-125 damage-
----A cyclone of book pages show up in the middle of the duel area and hit the target.

Words of Pain-
Cost 2 pips-
180-225 damage-
----An old scholar appears in the middle of the duel area and starts chanting with a book in his hand, he points at the target and words flow out of the book and wrap around the target doing damage.

Fortification of Knowlage-
Cost 3 pips-
Regenerates 12% mana to one team member over 3 turns.
----Several rows of bookcases come up from the ground. The books start flying around and one goes to the target and glows blue. then the target gets the buff.

Knowlage Stealer-
Cost 4 pips-
Damage 300-365 to all enemies.
----A masked man appears in the duel area and points at each enemy, he whispers while a chain of words strike each enemy dealing the damage.

Angel of Knowlage-
Cost 4 pips-
Damage 450, transfers 5% into mana for the caster and 30% into health for the caster.
----Just like the entrance the life angel and balance angel have, the knowlage angel is holding a scroll and lets in unfold. when it is done unfolding the enemy is hit for the damage.

Silence!-
Cost 6 pips-
Damage 600-650, stuns enemy for one turn
----A woman holding a book appears next to a table in the middle of the duel area. She looks at the enemy then yells "SHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" the enemy takes the damage and is stunned for 1 turn.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would really appreciate some feedback you guys. Working really hard to come up with this stuff :)

Hero
May 19, 2009
i think a school of philosophy whould be way better then a school of scholars, and it seems like scholarly is suited more for normal people then "wizards."

Survivor
Jul 24, 2009
If Scholary isnt a good thing for wizards what makes philosophy a good thing for wizards? I already explained that the school is about people who give written scripts and books power. Therefore it would be for wizards :P

Hero
May 19, 2009
philosophy- the study of the principles underlying conduct, thought, and the nature of the universe.

scholar - a learned person.

so just by definition it shows that philosophy is a way more intersting study, and that it will also make for a more interesting school of magic. not that either of these will be made into a school of magic, just pointing out that philosophers are better then scholars.

Survivor
Jul 17, 2009
Actually, that sounds like a pretty good idea. I especially love the ideas for the spells. Sounds like it could work. But what about the accuracy of the spells? Would it be low like the Storm School cuz of the high damage?

Explorer
Dec 14, 2008
phearsomm wrote:
i have come up with a full list of spells. (Trainer only spells, not quest related spells)

Razor Edges-
Cost 1 pip-
75-125 damage-
----A cyclone of book pages show up in the middle of the duel area and hit the target.

Words of Pain-
Cost 2 pips-
180-225 damage-
----An old scholar appears in the middle of the duel area and starts chanting with a book in his hand, he points at the target and words flow out of the book and wrap around the target doing damage.

Cost 3 pips-
----Several rows of bookcases come up from the ground. The books start flying around and one goes to the target and glows blue. then the target gets the buff.

Knowlage Stealer-
Cost 4 pips-
----A masked man appears in the duel area and points at each enemy, he whispers while a chain of words strike each enemy dealing the damage.

Angel of Knowlage-
Cost 4 pips-
Damage 450, transfers 5% into mana for the caster and 30% into health for the caster.
----Just like the entrance the life angel and balance angel have, the knowlage angel is holding a scroll and lets in unfold. when it is done unfolding the enemy is hit for the damage.

Silence!-
Cost 6 pips-
----A woman holding a book appears next to a table in the middle of the duel area. She looks at the enemy then yells "SHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" the enemy takes the damage and is stunned for 1 turn.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would really appreciate some feedback you guys. Working really hard to come up with this stuff :)
you forgot a 7 pip rank spell. i can take care of that

punishment

780-880 to all enemies

7 pips
a libreary comes in a middle of the battle field and kids are talking.a man comes and throws books at them but misses and hits all enemies.

Survivor
May 31, 2009
race101 wrote:
phearsomm wrote:

Razor Edges-
Cost 1 pip-
75-125 damage-

Words of Pain-
Cost 2 pips-
180-225 damage-

Cost 3 pips-

Knowlage Stealer-
Cost 4 pips-

Angel of Knowlage-
Cost 4 pips-

Silence!-
Cost 6 pips-

you forgot a 7 pip rank spell. i can take care of that

punishment

780-880 to all enemies

7 pips
a libreary comes in a middle of the battle field and kids are talking.a man comes and throws books at them but misses and hits all enemies.

Don't you think that would be teaching kids child abuse :?, and btw i don't really like the scholar idea for magic. I mean people throwing books for thier attcks strikes me as odd, but philosiphy may work.

Champion
Mar 19, 2009
i think it should be lava

spells you can get with training points:
1: lava dog 35-135
5:lava gun man90+240 three rounds
8: lava shield -80% lava spells
10: red hot eagle 295-400
16:lava trap +25% lava spells
22:bullet 400-500
26:scorch +35% to lava spells
33:lava accurancy +40% accurancy
42:speeding bullet
7 pip spell: volcano 900 on all enemies you get 7 pip spell on level 49

please reply soon :D

Champion
Mar 19, 2009
Survivor
Jul 24, 2009
i only listed trainer spells. that is a quest spell... the 7 pip spells that is

Survivor
Jul 24, 2009
I think you are forgetting that Scholars learn ALL knowlage that they are able to contain.

Definitions of Scholar and Philosopher

Scholar-a learned person (especially in the humanities); someone who by long study has gained mastery in one or more disciplines

Philosopher-a wise person who is calm and rational; someone who lives a life of reason with equanimity

From that i would think scholary is better.

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
phearsomm wrote:
I think you are forgetting that Scholars learn ALL knowlage that they are able to contain.

Scholar-a learned person (especially in the humanities); someone who by long study has gained mastery in one or more disciplines

Philosopher-a wise person who is calm and rational; someone who lives a life of reason with equanimity

I agree with phearsomn scholary is WAY better than philosophy.

Hero
May 19, 2009
phearsomm wrote:

Scholars learn only what is absolute and true, but in a world of magic nothing is absolute and anything can happen.

Survivor
May 20, 2009
well your on to SOMETHING me and my buddy always talk sayen huh there should be some kind of other school it feels like something is missing

Explorer
Mar 18, 2009
phearsomm wrote:

why create the school.just add a shop. :-) :-)

Survivor
Mar 04, 2009
Ummmmm, not to be all smart but if there is no 7th school how could there be an 8th.Unless there is a 7th school I don't know about?

See you in the Spiral,
Caroline Ravenleaf
Lvl 21 Conjurer

Survivor
Feb 07, 2009
Defender
Jul 01, 2008
sparky1233334444 wrote:
i think it should be lava

spells you can get with training points:
1: lava dog 35-135
5:lava gun man90+240 three rounds
8: lava shield -80% lava spells
10: red hot eagle 295-400
16:lava trap +25% lava spells
22:bullet 400-500
26:scorch +35% to lava spells
33:lava accurancy +40% accurancy
42:speeding bullet
7 pip spell: volcano 900 on all enemies you get 7 pip spell on level 49

please reply soon :D

The 7 pip spell is more than storm lord. Are you saying this new school is stronger than storm?

Survivor
Mar 04, 2009
canucksgirl13 wrote:
Ummmmm, not to be all smart but if there is no 7th school how could there be an 8th.Unless there is a 7th school I don't know about?

See you in the Spiral,
Caroline Ravenleaf
Lvl 21 Conjurer

Sorry about that forgot about balance......sorry to all balance students!!! :)

Survivor
Jun 18, 2009
i like the sholar idea but i think there should be more ideas then just books,books,books,books and so on