Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

training points

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Feb 01, 2009
there should be more quests that earn training points, i trained my player for full fire and full storm, and i didnt waste a single point on a spell that a teacher couldnt teach me. i am not going to be able to finish ice all the way up to collosus. if there was maybe a grandmaster ONLY quest that gives either high gold, multiple housing items, or a few training points, that would be awesome! and maybe there could even be more levels after 50! that would be awesome. people have to get bored of playing as a grandmaster and not having any more missions. there could at least be more non-essential dungeons. anything to keep us higher end wizards occupied. plz post back
paul fireward, master pyromancer

Survivor
Jun 10, 2009
After completing all of Zeke's quest and reaching level 50, I had enough points to learn the spells from 2 other schools.

I agree that there needs to be more of something for not just grandmasters, but everyone to do besides fighting all the time. Crafting is a start in the right direction, but as it is now, it takes too long and some of the reagents are all but impossible to find. I think with some tweaking crafting could be a great alternative to battling all the time. Whats worse for grandmasters with level 50 gear is there is no crafting to improve their outfit. Crafting outfits is a good idea, but there is no point for grandmaster.

Jeffrey Hawkflame, Grandmaster Necromancer
Jeffrey Battlegarden, Grandmaster Sorcerer

Survivor
Jun 28, 2009
remember that after every 4 levels up to level20 you get a training point and after 20,every 5 levels. 8) 8) 8)

Hero
May 19, 2009
tunerpw wrote:
there should be more quests that earn training points, i trained my player for full fire and full storm, and i didnt waste a single point on a spell that a teacher couldnt teach me. i am not going to be able to finish ice all the way up to collosus. if there was maybe a grandmaster ONLY quest that gives either high gold, multiple housing items, or a few training points, that would be awesome! and maybe there could even be more levels after 50! that would be awesome. people have to get bored of playing as a grandmaster and not having any more missions. there could at least be more non-essential dungeons. anything to keep us higher end wizards occupied. plz post back

why are you even complaining about not being able to have the collosus spell? you already have the helephant and stormzilla, both of those are twice as strong as collosus. so spending your training points for that spell is a complete waste.

Explorer
Feb 01, 2009
DarthNexus wrote:
tunerpw wrote:

why are you even complaining about not being able to have the collosus spell? you already have the helephant and stormzilla, both of those are twice as strong as collosus. so spending your training points for that spell is a complete waste.

dude it isnt a waste because all the really high end fire bosses are extremely hard for me and colossus would make quick work out of killing them.
paul fireward now grandmaster pyromancer

Explorer
Sep 09, 2009
I am level 27 Balance and find the game way to easy for where I am at.

Getting killed means nothing. You lose nothing a mini game can't fix.

Fleeing means nothing. You lose nothing a mini game can't fix.

Challanges and fights should get harder the more you advance,
plus the consequences of failures should take it's toll also.
Like loosing points or XP. And the reward ratio should increase also.
More unique items, maybe one of a kind. Dos'nt need to be powerful,
just obviously different. Maybe special effects. Glowing, flames, sparks
shifting colors. Attention getters. :-)

Why want the same thing everyone else has?

Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
tunerpw wrote:
dude it isnt a waste because all the really high end fire bosses are extremely hard for me and colossus would make quick work out of killing them.

Do what I do. Set up another deck and max out your Prism card. The Prism card converts the damage type from your class to the opposite (i.e., Life to Death, Fire to Cold, Storm to Myth, and vice-versa for all). I'll even have some Prism Treasure cards (in case of a lousy deck dealer). Whenever I have to fight a boss of the same school as myself, I just switch decks prior to stepping in the circle.

This allows you to continue to use your primary school damage cards. Keep in mind that if you are going to use your school-type trap, the prism must be cast first.

Defender
May 29, 2009

That's why you have a fire prism spell. It's much more efficient to cast the prism and then cast your normal high power fire spell that takes advantage of power pips than to launch a level 7 spell from another school.

tunerpw wrote:
DarthNexus wrote:
tunerpw wrote: