Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Any tricks for silver chests?

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
I have noticed these sliver chests in some areas, and played them, but the game is super hard(come on! you dont have much time). Other than gold for trying, what other things can you get from them? Has anybody received the gift for winning? I mean are they worth something big? Its not that much of a big deal, but if any of you know, a reply would be nice.

Kestrel Ghostwalker~lvl 42 Master sorcerer

Survivor
Jun 19, 2009
IamLezul wrote:
I have noticed these sliver chests in some areas, and played them, but the game is super hard(come on! you dont have much time). Other than gold for trying, what other things can you get from them? Has anybody received the gift for winning? I mean are they worth something big? Its not that much of a big deal, but if any of you know, a reply would be nice.

They give you either around 60 gold or 40 something and treasure cards ive gotten lightning bats and fire elves stuff like that but for tips start off by seeing where the plug is at and start by finding the turn piece to get you headed in the right way another one reveal all the card really really fast so you have all your parts.

Defender
May 08, 2009
Survivor
Jan 27, 2009
Best method I believe is to open up squares along a straightest/shortest route to other side (i.e., don't ever change direction more than two times). Then open and find pieces to replace those in that path don't work. I haven't had any trouble since I began choosing the path I was going first and then finding pieces to make that path work. Usually only takes about half of allowed time.

Survivor
Dec 31, 2008
actually, i don't find that game hard at all! :D i only messed up my two first tries cuase i didn't get it but now i win all the time. heres my strategy:

1. when the game starts, you gotta click all the turned down cards as fast as ya can! you still have alot of time left after ya done so..

2. i just finish it buy finding the right pipes to fit to the lock piece!

3. ya win and get a lot of gold..well more then wooden chests i guess (60 gold, my highest was around 78) :P

The silver chests are worth playing for since you can get free treasure cards although they're mostly 2 pip cards.. i got snow serpent and lightning bats! They're everywhere in all the Spiral but most of them I found was in Marleybone. They are found common to meh like mistwood so i just hope this post help ya all!

~Blaze DragonFlame, Level 45 Pyromancer in DS.

PS: I got me a sword finally!

Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
Survivor
Dec 11, 2008
IamLezul wrote:

I like to start be reaviling most of the tiles (well more like half) and just piecing it together part by part

Historian
Jun 14, 2009
I think it is a little too hard. I have seen a lot of people just run pass them when they appear.

Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
Ooooh! I almost won once! Well, i'm gonna keep trying and thanks again for all the replys, cause i didnt think i would even get one reply!

Kestrel Ghostwalker~lvl 43 Master sorcerer

Survivor
Feb 08, 2009
The best thing I won from there is a Pixie treasure card lol. It was very useful actually but the most you get from there are treasure cards. :?

Survivor
Jun 25, 2009
what i do is open them all then move the ones close to the start and keep going from there. hope i helped :)

Mastermind
Jun 23, 2009
their not worth doing doing, the treasure acrds they give you are bad. go to mooshu and open wooden chests they give you like 80

Survivor
Oct 10, 2008
I found out a trick!! :-o if you are done building the pipes to the lock early, instead of waiting for the timer to count down, press space on your keyboard and the stormzilla hatsche early!! 8)

Survivor
Jul 11, 2009
I failed many times before actually winning this chest, for the most part I got 2 pip spells like Ice Serpent or a Mutate beetle type.

One exception to be noted is that I found one of these in Dragonspyre and started to play, I did not win, but it was close, only a couple of tiles from victory and I still won a card, but not a 2 pip card, a Dryad card. That was from a loss too.

As for tips remember that the thick straight bars slow the timer, and the thin bars speed it up, also I always uncover the start and ending point first to see how I should proceed.

Goodluck!

Survivor
Feb 17, 2009
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Blaze - Grandmaster Pyromancer ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here are some tips and tricks if you're having some trouble:

• Open up all of the squares before making the pipes connect.
• Use all of the horizontal pipes and connect them from the entrance to a block before reaching the other side.
• Use bended pipes quickly as possible, as you used all your time connecting the pipes.
• Try taking your time as you reach the end and going over the pipe line just in case you made a mistake.
• If you have extra time after you connect all of them, try to use the "perfect" pipes and try to not use the pipes like this: --/\/\--
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you're still having some trouble, just stop using silver chests. Sometimes even if you win, you can still get lame prizes. ^^

Geographer
Feb 27, 2009

As for tips remember that the thick straight bars slow the timer, and the thin bars speed it up, also I always uncover the start and ending point first to see how I should proceed.

Goodluck!

Oh i didnt know that. Well, thank you! Thats gonna help me alot.

Survivor
Feb 17, 2009
Otys wrote:
their not worth doing doing, the treasure acrds they give you are bad. go to mooshu and open wooden chests they give you like 80

You're right, but you can still benefit from the game XP, gold and cards.

Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
Explorer
Jun 19, 2009
Woah I got a vampire in Dragonspyre by doing those silver chests

Travis smith, 49 pyromancer (or shall I say half-way to 50!)

Survivor
Jun 25, 2009
For those still having trouble with these:

1) After about Marleybone, the timers are shorter, so yes, start by revealing a lot of the tiles.

2) figure out where the plugs are, so you know where you are starting, and where you are going

3) ALWAYS work from the left, and go right. Only skip the tiles where you need a turn card. (hint: you can still work on the trail while the little fuse is burning... that is why you start left.)

4) I find I am missing just one or two tiles after all the straight pipes are laid on the trail, so I try to keep the turns on the right side. After the trail is laid, look for turns by rapidly clicking all the rest of the tiles to turn them over. Stop once you find that last card and place it!

These tricks got my kids to successfully learn how to do the silver chests in two tries. Hope it helps!