Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New Balance Spell Idea!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 08, 2009
Cerberus

Cerberus, (pronounced /?s?r-b(?-)r?s/[1]; Greek form: ????????, pronounced [?kerberos][2]) in Greek and Roman mythology, is a multi-headed hound (usually three-headed[citation needed]) which guards the gates of Hades, to prevent those who have crossed the river Styx from ever escaping.

You know how Wizard101 has the three headed Hydra using each of the elemental elements on the enemy first the fire head, then the ice head then the storm head.Well Wizard101 has Orthus: Greek Two Headed Dog but not it's brother. I had a amazing idea for new balance spell to use Cerberus: The Greek Three Headed Dog for the first head to use myth, the second head to use life, and the third head to use death on the enemy or the opponent this would be a high top balance spell greater than Power Nova and those new Dragonspyre spells for each school to come out! So I was hoping Wizard101 would put some thought into this new idea/spell thank you very much! I hope the players would love this news too! Thank you!

(You get my point etc). Leave me feedback tell me what you think thanks!

Survivor
Jun 10, 2009
chiderao wrote:
Cerberus

Cerberus, (pronounced /?s?r-b(?-)r?s/[1]; Greek form: ????????, pronounced [?kerberos][2]) in Greek and Roman mythology, is a multi-headed hound (usually three-headed[citation needed]) which guards the gates of Hades, to prevent those who have crossed the river Styx from ever escaping.

You know how Wizard101 has the three headed Hydra using each of the elemental elements on the enemy first the fire head, then the ice head then the storm head.Well Wizard101 has Orthus: Greek Two Headed Dog but not it's brother. I had a amazing idea for new balance spell to use Cerberus: The Greek Three Headed Dog for the first head to use myth, the second head to use life, and the third head to use death on the enemy or the opponent this would be a high top balance spell greater than Power Nova and those new Dragonspyre spells for each school to come out! So I was hoping Wizard101 would put some thought into this new idea/spell thank you very much! I hope the players would love this news too! Thank you!

its a pretty good idea but at what lvl would you get it

Survivor
Dec 11, 2008
chiderao wrote:
Cerberus

Balance was created to be the balance of the three elements (fire ice and storm) not the balance of the three spiritual magics (life death and myth)

Defender
Sep 28, 2008
What you have posted is a good idea however it was chosen for the wrong school. The school best suited for this type of spell would best be served as a myth spell as Cerberus was in fact a mythological fabrication. Balance is an elemental school, not a myth classed school. This would be a possible level 52 spell and the damage would be somewhat equal to or a little higher than the balance school spell Hydra. Just mho of what is a very good idea.

James DreamRider
Master of Balance
Level 49
No Retreat, No Surrender
and No One gets left Behind
USArmy Retired

Hero
May 19, 2009
MasterCowboy wrote:
What you have posted is a good idea however it was chosen for the wrong school. The school best suited for this type of spell would best be served as a myth spell as Cerberus was in fact a mythological fabrication. Balance is an elemental school, not a myth classed school. This would be a possible level 52 spell and the damage would be somewhat equal to or a little higher than the balance school spell Hydra. Just mho of what is a very good idea.

James DreamRider
Master of Balance
Level 49
No Retreat, No Surrender
USArmy Retired

Basicly every creature on this game is based on mythological fabrication so it would not be grouped into myth just bc its mythology. If that were the case then just about half of the games spells would all be myth. So... since cerberus guards the gates to hades he can also be grouped into being a death spell.

Defender
Apr 28, 2009
MasterCowboy wrote:

James DreamRider
Master of Balance
Level 49
No Retreat, No Surrender
USArmy Retired
actually death, since cerberus guards the entrance to the underworld. and is he really a "fabrication?" havent you read percy jackson? in this universe, nothing is as it seems..... *quoting queen tempora*

Defender
Sep 28, 2008
True on both accounts and I do not read much anymore. Lost my library many years ago to a fire. Had close to 4,000 books ranging over various subjects. I simply thought it best served as a myth spell. I did however not say it would be limited to that school. Simply that it would be better suited to that school and not so much to Balance.

Survivor
May 08, 2009
Thx for the feedback remember balance consists of the three elements: fire, ice, storm!:P

Survivor
Jun 06, 2009
I know you already said it was just because you forgot, but wouldn't that basiclly just be hydra but with more pips and for the spirit classes? So that would mean you learn a tri-attack for the elements, then later you learn a spirit tri-attack, with more pips. Just wanted to point that out.

Kenneth Goldenflower
Level 35 Theurge

Squire
Jul 08, 2009
chiderao wrote:
Cerberus

I WAS THINKING ABOUT THIS TOO i am not kidding. that would be so cool if they did that

Explorer
May 24, 2009
non8er wrote:
chiderao wrote:
Cerberus

Balance was created to be the balance of the three elements (fire ice and storm) not the balance of the three spiritual magics (life death and myth)
um... it was created by all of them. the balance of all things? see?

Squire
Jul 08, 2009
Hey i got an idea how about BOTH death and myth learn it as a school quest when a new world comes out .

Andrew myth lvl 50
Issac spirtthorn balance lvl 9

Defender
Aug 12, 2009
I think it's a pretty good idea, though unless they do get to increasing the level cap sometime I doubt it would ever come to be.

Also, I agree with those who said it shouldn't be a myth spell as there are many other spells that are myths without being Myth spells.

I do think Balance should have it because they can cast the Spirit Shields, which is a school spell, so they should also be able to break those shields easily enough, as Hydra can do that with Elemental Shields. I have been somewhat surprised that KI never made a similar spell to Hydra for the same purposes with the Spirit magics.

This is more of a support spell, in my view, so giving it to Myth or Death, or anything else really wouldn't make a lot of sense, as those other schools are not as much there for support. And definitely should not be a Life spell either as their support style is healing, though I do think Life should get a new attack spell (not yet another healing...the heals they have are already awesome enough) or two when/if the cap is raised....but that's a different discussion.

Survivor
Dec 17, 2008
I do agree that it should do Death, Myth, Life for the 3 heads but, now i'm just shooting in the dark here, that this would spell would list under the school of Chaos that has been listed in another thread. Its not a real school, but if KI decided to make a Chaos school it would focuse around the schools of Myth, Life, Death, and Other chaos things like move like Sandstorm except its the opposite. Then this would be a school that balance has an advantage over. And then there would be a Balance prism card. But since All the cards for Balance have already been put out there, this would be more of a spell learned when the max level is raised. Look up New School Idea:Chaos for more information on the imaginary school of Choas.

Survivor
Dec 17, 2008
Helios713 wrote:
non8er wrote:
chiderao wrote:
Cerberus

um... it was created by all of them. the balance of all things? see?

Incorrect, sorry for saying this but, Balance keeps the order of the three elements, Fire, Storm, and Ice. Myth, Life, and Death have to do with and in order, Mind, Body, and Spirit. Again I read this in another thread.

Survivor
Oct 09, 2009
THIS WAS EXACTLY WHAT I WAS THINKING!! I thought well they have Hydra (A creature in Greek Myth) that uses the elemental schools hey what about the other three schools? So i started thinking about three headed creatures in Greek Mythology and i remembered Cerberus and Chimera. Cerberus seemed better for me. 8) ----Jonathan Strongblade level 50. Sorcerer

Delver
Dec 26, 2009
chiderao wrote:
Cerberus

I think you get that three headed guy at Krokotopia. Hey, anyone ever seen me in the game? I am Anthony Redflame Level 21!

Delver
Dec 26, 2009
Name: Onyx Pig
Level to Obtain: 22
Damage: 345-405
Pips: 4

Name: Hydro Of Horror
Level to Obtain: 50
Damage: 690-770
Pips: 7

Survivor
Dec 17, 2008
are any of you guys actually balance? Balance has more than just those three. Technically it draws from all other schools. It just doesn't have a spell for life death and myth damage yet. Also some other people already said this but a lot of spells form mythology and there not myth. Hydra,storm lord,ice wyverrin, and more. Also cyrrbrus is right behind the gate of which you get judged on whether you go after you die average, good, or bad. This is your JUDGEMENT

Mastermind
Jun 06, 2009
Why is everyone saying Balance isn't the Spirit Schools? If that were true, then how would you explain Spirit Shield, Trap, and Blade in the Balance School, hmm?