Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why do I keep getting an error message when trying

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 30, 2009
Ok, so my game was working fine this morning and I was playing it and then it randomly just shut off. So now whenever I try to get back into the game I can log in and click play, but when it starts loading and error comes up and says:
Initialization error: Direct3D renderer creation failed:
Creation error: Could not find desired depth/stencil format

I don't know why it keeps saying this. Someone help please.

Administrator
The answer can be found in our Help & Support section:

This error occurs usually as a result of the video settings not being correctly set. Please attempt both solutions - if you continue to receive error, please contact Mr. Lincoln by submitting a ticket on the "Help & Support" tab.

1) Make sure your Hardware Acceleration is set to Full

Open the Display Properties in the Control Panel.
Click the Settings tab, click Advanced, and then click the Troubleshooting tab.
Drag the Hardware Acceleration slider to the right (Full).
Click Apply/OK and then click OK again.
Restart the computer.

2) If the above doesn't work, please make sure your video drivers are updated - <a href="http://kingsisle.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/kingsisle.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=172&p_sid=8RoZkyEj&p_lva=54&p_accessibility=0&p_redirect=&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPTEmcF9zb3J0X2J5PSZwX2dyaWRzb3J0PSZwX3Jvd19jbnQ9MywzJnBfcHJvZHM9JnBfY2F0cz0wJnBfcHY9JnBfY3Y9JnBfcGFnZT0xJnBfc2VhcmNoX3RleHQ9RGlyZWN0M0QgcmVuZGVyZXIgY3JlYXRpb24gZmFpbGVk&p_li=#How to Update Video Driver" target="_new" rel="nofollow">How to Update Video Driver</a>

community@wizard101.com