Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Can someone explain to me the point of a myth shie

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 08, 2009
Guys, please stop complaining about Myth! You think you are hard done by when you vs myth? When i am on my Myth character, it takes me seven rounds to fully charge up orthrus, then another two or more rounds to wait for the pips to come back. Think about it for a moment, i have to spend training points on Spirit blades and spirit traps just to make Orthrus strong enough to one shot anyone i go against. I also get the ability to remove shields, so what? It is completely fair seeing as myth is one of the weakest schools.

Explorer
Jun 11, 2009
foulsteel wrote:
qXiLL wrote:
LegendCanine wrote:
qXiLL wrote:
I'd love to know the point of a myth shield especially in pvp. I mean really in 1v1 it's totally useless and same with tower shields against myth.

You could have instead just made a balance shield. That would have made more sense.

What was the thought process going on when it was decided that myth blades and traps still take in effect on the 2nd attack and shields don't?

Myth has a double attack and many other ways to get rid of shields, that's their special thing like balance's special thing is no shield, fire's special thing is DoT. Ice's special thing is resist, it'd be like saying a life healing in pvp would be "unfair"

No, it wouldn't. The whole point of life is to heal. Just like in most games, there is a healer and protector.

But, in this game, there's a class that can get passed shields that aren't stacked. Ice's thing isn't resist, it's a lot of health, but low damage. Myth deals a lot of damage with a few buffs with orthrus. Their thing is to get rid of shields.. I mean, really? An earthquake will take off your two stacked shields if he really wanted to. After that, even if you draw one shield it doesn't matter. It's a cheap class and takes no brain power to use it.

please lets not get into which class is better and which stink there all good classes

As the topic reads " explain to me the point of a myth shield well seeing as the myth cards that do double attack or get rid of shield buff etc. are all high level spells how about what goes for the lower level ones (cyclops humungofrog etc ) what about those cards there only one attack so if you said there's no point in myth shields you want to allow those cards to, to be free of shields

and as for you thought on the balance shield no it wouldn't really have made more sense because seeing as balance doesn't have a D.O.T it doesn't have its own shield to keep the balance

I didn't say any class was better than any class, I said it takes no brain power to use it.

Yes, the topic is "Please explain to me the point of a myth shield". The lower level spells like cyclops and the frog can be avoided by a simple tower shield, just like you do vs judgement.

The balance shield thing was a joke, but... So it wouldn't make sense to make a balance shield because they have no DoT, but it would make sense to make tons of storm shields even though they have no DoT themselves? You literally have to mutate the elf or whatever into a storm elf.

The reason why there isn't a balance shield is because their traps and buffs can be taken off by a wand of any sort, or attack of any sort.

ShadowDemon12345 wrote:
Guys, please stop complaining about Myth! You think you are hard done by when you vs myth? When i am on my Myth character, it takes me seven rounds to fully charge up orthrus, then another two or more rounds to wait for the pips to come back. Think about it for a moment, i have to spend training points on Spirit blades and spirit traps just to make Orthrus strong enough to one shot anyone i go against. I also get the ability to remove shields, so what? It is completely fair seeing as myth is one of the weakest schools.

It takes you seven rounds to fully charge up orthrus? Let's see, the second the match starts you can put up one buff, then another buff. Then you can do myth global spell. Wow, I think after all that it's a total of 4 turns instead of 7. Or, you can wait til you're full pips, have your global up and buff yourself twice with myth blade and twice with spirit blade and double orthrus, isn't that dandy?

Orthrus isn't meant to one shot anyone, even though he actually can which is the sad part. You also receive the ability to remove shields and you ask so what? Wow.. that's the whole point, this class has that ability which makes the shields pointless because you'll never be lucky enough to successfully keep 2 of the same myth shields up steadily.

Are you complaining about 2 training points that every school besides balance learns? Well aren't you just unlucky. Myth is by far NOT one of the weakest schools. I have 45% resistance, one myth blade and a spirit blade and a myth global and orthrus does 1.2k damage to me. That's weak? Considering you can take off a shield I put up? Oh wait, that shield is completely useless.

Survivor
Jul 08, 2009
qXiLL wrote:
foulsteel wrote:
qXiLL wrote:
LegendCanine wrote:
qXiLL wrote:
I'd love to know the point of a myth shield especially in pvp. I mean really in 1v1 it's totally useless and same with tower shields against myth.

You could have instead just made a balance shield. That would have made more sense.

What was the thought process going on when it was decided that myth blades and traps still take in effect on the 2nd attack and shields don't?

Myth has a double attack and many other ways to get rid of shields, that's their special thing like balance's special thing is no shield, fire's special thing is DoT. Ice's special thing is resist, it'd be like saying a life healing in pvp would be "unfair"

No, it wouldn't. The whole point of life is to heal. Just like in most games, there is a healer and protector.

But, in this game, there's a class that can get passed shields that aren't stacked. Ice's thing isn't resist, it's a lot of health, but low damage. Myth deals a lot of damage with a few buffs with orthrus. Their thing is to get rid of shields.. I mean, really? An earthquake will take off your two stacked shields if he really wanted to. After that, even if you draw one shield it doesn't matter. It's a cheap class and takes no brain power to use it.

please lets not get into which class is better and which stink there all good classes

As the topic reads " explain to me the point of a myth shield well seeing as the myth cards that do double attack or get rid of shield buff etc. are all high level spells how about what goes for the lower level ones (cyclops humungofrog etc ) what about those cards there only one attack so if you said there's no point in myth shields you want to allow those cards to, to be free of shields

and as for you thought on the balance shield no it wouldn't really have made more sense because seeing as balance doesn't have a D.O.T it doesn't have its own shield to keep the balance

I didn't say any class was better than any class, I said it takes no brain power to use it.

Yes, the topic is "Please explain to me the point of a myth shield". The lower level spells like cyclops and the frog can be avoided by a simple tower shield, just like you do vs judgement.

The balance shield thing was a joke, but... So it wouldn't make sense to make a balance shield because they have no DoT, but it would make sense to make tons of storm shields even though they have no DoT themselves? You literally have to mutate the elf or whatever into a storm elf.

The reason why there isn't a balance shield is because their traps and buffs can be taken off by a wand of any sort, or attack of any sort.

ShadowDemon12345 wrote:

It takes you seven rounds to fully charge up orthrus? Let's see, the second the match starts you can put up one buff, then another buff. Then you can do myth global spell. Wow, I think after all that it's a total of 4 turns instead of 7. Or, you can wait til you're full pips, have your global up and buff yourself twice with myth blade and twice with spirit blade and double orthrus, isn't that dandy?

Orthrus isn't meant to one shot anyone, even though he actually can which is the sad part. You also receive the ability to remove shields and you ask so what? Wow.. that's the whole point, this class has that ability which makes the shields pointless because you'll never be lucky enough to successfully keep 2 of the same myth shields up steadily.

Are you complaining about 2 training points that every school besides balance learns? Well aren't you just unlucky. Myth is by far NOT one of the weakest schools. I have 45% resistance, one myth blade and a spirit blade and a myth global and orthrus does 1.2k damage to me. That's weak? Considering you can take off a shield I put up? Oh wait, that shield is completely useless.

Here is how i do it in a battle. First round starts i put on a spirit blade, then i put on a normal myth blade... so far so good thats two rounds! Then i put on two spirit traps on the opponent, thats four already, then i have to put on two normal traps. Thats six turns, what do ya know i was one off... closer then you anyhow. Also if people put shields on themselves i want it to have full affect so i remove their shields... wow what do ya know thats SEVEN! And you thought you had us figured, guys like i said STOP complaining about MYTH! Every school has its advantages, myth just has the ability to get around and remove shields. Why can't people just stop complaining about every school they lose to and just take it like a man?

Explorer
Jun 11, 2009
ShadowDemon12345 wrote:
qXiLL wrote:
foulsteel wrote:
qXiLL wrote:
LegendCanine wrote:
qXiLL wrote:

ShadowDemon12345 wrote:

Here is how i do it in a battle. First round starts i put on a spirit blade, then i put on a normal myth blade... so far so good thats two rounds! Then i put on two spirit traps on the opponent, thats four already, then i have to put on two normal traps. Thats six turns, what do ya know i was one off... closer then you anyhow. Also if people put shields on themselves i want it to have full affect so i remove their shields... wow what do ya know thats SEVEN! And you thought you had us figured, guys like i said STOP complaining about MYTH! Every school has its advantages, myth just has the ability to get around and remove shields. Why can't people just stop complaining about every school they lose to and just take it like a man?

That's your fault that you put on traps. You'll find out it's useless doing that when you reach commander and higher.

If you read the last part of my post, you'll realize you don't need the the traps. When you reach warlord with full gear come back. All in all, it's 4 turns.

And I only lose to them occasionally, when I go second. I'm not complaining, I'm asking for a legitimate point to a myth shield; which so far no one has any.

Survivor
Jul 08, 2009
qXiLL wrote:
ShadowDemon12345 wrote:
qXiLL wrote:
foulsteel wrote:
qXiLL wrote:
LegendCanine wrote:
qXiLL wrote:

ShadowDemon12345 wrote:

That's your fault that you put on traps. You'll find out it's useless doing that when you reach commander and higher.

If you read the last part of my post, you'll realize you don't need the the traps. When you reach warlord with full gear come back. All in all, it's 4 turns.

And I only lose to them occasionally, when I go second. I'm not complaining, I'm asking for a legitimate point to a myth shield; which so far no one has any.

So here is what i gathered from this thread... You want to know the point of a myth shield, you think that its unfair for myth to have a double attack that gets around shields and a way of removing shields. Most myth players i team up with only have two pierces in their deck at any one time...so id say have four myth shields in your deck. Two for them to remove and then two to put on just before s/he attacks. OR better yet, wait till you see that they have charged up their orthrus and then once they have FIVE pips start shielding. That way he will have to either remove them, stalling his attack long enough for you to strike OR s/he could be dumb enough to attack anyway.

In conclusion their is many ways to shield and attack from myths, you just have to use different strategies! There are many ways to do this, you just have to use your brain... Man and you said it takes no brainpower for us to win in pvp!

Defender
Jul 02, 2009
I think what is confusing is there are Minotaur and Orthus that give the Myth Character a huge advantage with the majority of damage coming in the second part of the attack. Up until Minotaur, all attacks deliver the damage at the same time. Myth sheilds are designed for questmg. The monsters do not have access to Minotaur until Dragonspire and it is a fairly weak hit as the AI does not prep them well. Generally there is no strategy to keep you totally safe from Myth Wizards. They are excellent destroyers and can mess up well constructed defense in a few rounds.

Charles TitanBeaker

Explorer
Mar 03, 2009
qXiLL wrote:
LegendCanine wrote:
qXiLL wrote:

ice's thing is heath AND resist ice gets 19 or 20 resist to all

Explorer
Mar 03, 2009
foulsteel wrote:
qXiLL wrote:
LegendCanine wrote:
qXiLL wrote:

so what if balance doesnt have a DOT balance can use helping hands and boost others majorly,

Explorer
Jun 11, 2009
ShadowDemon12345 wrote:
qXiLL wrote:
ShadowDemon12345 wrote:
qXiLL wrote:
foulsteel wrote:
qXiLL wrote:
LegendCanine wrote:
qXiLL wrote:

ShadowDemon12345 wrote:

So here is what i gathered from this thread... You want to know the point of a myth shield, you think that its unfair for myth to have a double attack that gets around shields and a way of removing shields. Most myth players i team up with only have two pierces in their deck at any one time...so id say have four myth shields in your deck. Two for them to remove and then two to put on just before s/he attacks. OR better yet, wait till you see that they have charged up their orthrus and then once they have FIVE pips start shielding. That way he will have to either remove them, stalling his attack long enough for you to strike OR s/he could be dumb enough to attack anyway.

In conclusion their is many ways to shield and attack from myths, you just have to use different strategies! There are many ways to do this, you just have to use your brain... Man and you said it takes no brainpower for us to win in pvp!

You're fairly new to pvp, aren't you? It's blatant, rhetorical question.

I want to know the point of a myth shield; in pvp. In questing we all know there's a point because you don't need to worry about orthrus, but some times minotaur. But it's questing. The AI isn't close to the human brain in terms of strategy.

"Most myth players I team up with....." Um.. you team up with? In any team, there's bound to be an earthquake. So, what you're now saying is in team battle you want me to stack myth shields just so they can be earthquaked? No.

I'm talking in terms of 1v1 because team doesn't matter to me. We all know earthquake solves problems for them. If you're in a 1v1 the chances of you pulling your myth shields so you can stack them are slim. And even if you are going first, his earthquake can still mess you up if you stack your shields, basically your LAST HOPE vs a powerful orthrus.

No, there aren't many ways to shield vs an attack vs a myth. You basically named 2 that can happen, but you can maybe only get it successfully if you were to go first, which I've done before. Again, that's not the point of this thread.

I've spoken and met quite a few myth wizards... and they've all said it's far too easy to get their gear in 1v1... Hence my statement about no brain power..

Someone once said, "KI favors the myth wizard". It's kinda true isn't it? Seeing as pierce can get rid of an ice absorb lol.......