Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Can someone explain to me the point of a myth shie

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jun 11, 2009
I'd love to know the point of a myth shield especially in pvp. I mean really in 1v1 it's totally useless and same with tower shields against myth.

You could have instead just made a balance shield. That would have made more sense.

What was the thought process going on when it was decided that myth blades and traps still take in effect on the 2nd attack and shields don't?

Survivor
Dec 30, 2008
I think it's completely fair. Myth is about two things: Minions, and the ability to destroy, or get around shields.

You have no idea how hard it is for a Myth Wizard to fight Myth monsters. You've got to put a prism on, then traps, then ANOTHER prism, then traps.

People find stuff to gripe about everything these days, I tell you.

Defender
Mar 08, 2009
Yeah so he is saying if myth was made for that then why even put a myth shield in the game at all .

Survivor
Jun 13, 2009
Yes, I also felt it's kind of unfair with myth wizard. If he/she attack for example with Minotaur, and if he/she uses only 1 single blade, then that single blade should be only used on the first attack, and no points should be added from that same blade on the 2nd attack. If he/she put 2 single blades on the other hand, then the 1st blade will be used on the first attack, and then the other blade will be used on the 2nd attack - this is how it should be.

Minotaur and Orthrus already have the ability to break Myth shield on the first attack which is to their advantage, and by giving them again extra points from the same blade on the second attack, for me it would be kind of unfair.

I don't care about the opinion of the Myth wizards, but Storm, Ice, Fire, Death, Life and Balance Wizards, do you think I make sense? Cyrus Drake students already have this Earthquake and Stun, do you think it's fair for them to able to be given points what I mentioned above?

Thanks!

Survivor
Dec 09, 2008
Wow, is it really that hard to throw up a second myth shield come on.

Explorer
Jun 11, 2009
Bluebonic wrote:

It depends... So basically your logical reason for this is to throw up a 2nd myth shield? So now through all of the exhausting battle with the myth, I have to suddenly come up with a 2nd myth shield in my deck of 55 cards?

Let's be real here.. They throw out their myth minion as well and shield it especially when they go first. It's extremely difficult to throw 2 myth shields up, maintain them and get rid of the shielded minion.

Let's get real here and speak on mutual terms. Not just bias opinions and close mindedness.

Survivor
Dec 09, 2008
Well your the one complaining just about myth now who's bias and closeminded.

Squire
Jul 08, 2009
qXiLL wrote:
I'd love to know the point of a myth shield especially in pvp. I mean really in 1v1 it's totally useless and same with tower shields against myth.

You could have instead just made a balance shield. That would have made more sense.

What was the thought process going on when it was decided that myth blades and traps still take in effect on the 2nd attack and shields don't?
there are only 2 double attacks for myth... minotaur and orthudus (i know i spelled it wrong ). but i also agree with you i did a vote you can call it and at the end the results were that most people are balance, fire and death.

Champion
Jan 23, 2009
ok normally i would say you are all complaing but in the case of myth i would say you are right. This school has great health, ability to stun, break shields, heal and protect minions and not to mention a variety of minions, and two high damage spells that you need to have more than two EXACTLY THE SAME myth shields to save yourself.

if it weren't for the fact that my wiz get bogged down with trying to add every spell in their deck (a common trait of myth wizs) they would be undeniably the best pvp players based on school alone and little to no skill.

I can live with most of it but the breaking of shields AND the need to double shield is too much.

If i use a shield the second hit (FROM THE SAME SPELL) should at least be somewhat covered. otherwise it isn't balanced.

but do what you want I am tired of pointed out what should be obvious to the game programmers (I am sure they play this too)

Explorer
Jun 11, 2009
Sojourna wrote:
ok normally i would say you are all complaing but in the case of myth i would say you are right. This school has great health, ability to stun, break shields, heal and protect minions and not to mention a variety of minions, and two high damage spells that you need to have more than two EXACTLY THE SAME myth shields to save yourself.

if it weren't for the fact that my wiz get bogged down with trying to add every spell in their deck (a common trait of myth wizs) they would be undeniably the best pvp players based on school alone and little to no skill.

I can live with most of it but the breaking of shields AND the need to double shield is too much.

If i use a shield the second hit (FROM THE SAME SPELL) should at least be somewhat covered. otherwise it isn't balanced.

but do what you want I am tired of pointed out what should be obvious to the game programmers (I am sure they play this too)

They do and I've heard from several people that their favorite wizard is the myth wizard. Now, I don't know if this is truth or rumor, but by the looks of it it's pointing towards truth a lot.

My buddy and I make jokes all the time about some of the unbalanced things that go on in this game. A few in particular, but just recently we made a joke about the new Veteran sword coming out..

Sure, I totally agree giving veterans a sword that does 100 damage and all.. But why would you make it give 3 cards and no extra pip? What's the point? They deserve a sword that gives 100 damage, 5 cards and a 1% pip on their sword. Why give them a sword that they won't even use? LOL!

Anyways, I've come to the conclusion that all of these unbalances are because of the designers.

It's KI.

Survivor
Jun 24, 2009
ok, dude, cyclops does more damage than minotaur with myth blade, spirt blade,myth trap, and the treasure myth trap. you need two myth traps to buff the second hit of minotaur or orthus.I know because i'm myth and it is a pain to fight other myth monsters.

Explorer
Jun 11, 2009
krazykris23 wrote:
ok, dude, cyclops does more damage than minotaur with myth blade, spirt blade,myth trap, and the treasure myth trap. you need two myth traps to buff the second hit of minotaur or orthus.I know because i'm myth and it is a pain to fight other myth monsters.

The point of the thread went over your head. You can shield vs cyclops, he doesn't get passed shields like orthrus or minotaur. See the pattern here?

Survivor
Aug 07, 2008
There is no unbalance in the game with myth. Every school has its strengths and weaknesses. Death can steal health, Life can heal others, Fire, death, and ice have damage over time (i dont here you complain about Heck Hound which if used with blades is much stronger than Minotaur or Orthorus) and is much harder to shield against 4 hits, Balance has Judgement, Storm has tremedous damage spells. Maybe you have too many cards in your deck if you cant come up with 2 shields. I play with a 30 card deck on my Myth Grandmaster and always get the cards i need. Less is more sometimes.

Survivor
Jan 24, 2009
Bluebonic wrote:

I really do agree with ya there :D lolz i mean srsly! with myth there is no point to put up ANY shields if they can just get around them... why cant there be some double shield or something for myth :) ANYWAYZ LATERZ!

Explorer
Jun 11, 2009
brick wrote:
There is no unbalance in the game with myth. Every school has its strengths and weaknesses. Death can steal health, Life can heal others, Fire, death, and ice have damage over time (i dont here you complain about Heck Hound which if used with blades is much stronger than Minotaur or Orthorus) and is much harder to shield against 4 hits, Balance has Judgement, Storm has tremedous damage spells. Maybe you have too many cards in your deck if you cant come up with 2 shields. I play with a 30 card deck on my Myth Grandmaster and always get the cards i need. Less is more sometimes.

What? Did you really just say there isn't an unbalance in this game? LOL!
Every school has its strengths and weaknesses, well no duh? If this wasn't true then this wouldn't be wizard101.

The point is, some schools strengths don't make sense at all, like the myth. I won't complain about heck hound, why would I? You can actually shield vs fire. Heck hound doesn't get passed shields, he's a DoT which you can shield against. Judgement is irrelevant in this thread.

I always assume that the people who defend against this thread play a myth character and with you, I'm right. I'm a grandmaster death with full pvp gear and well over 1k rank points and I know how the game works, so you don't need to explain to me about cards in deck and what not. There's more cards you need in pvp than what a 30 card deck or 40 card deck will give you. I use a 60 card deck, but I don't fill it up.

Plus, why on earth would I stack so many myth shields in my deck when I enter 1v1 and I have no clue who I'm going to go up against? If I vs a storm, those shields are USELESS.

The point still stands, why on earth was there a myth shield ever created?

Survivor
Jun 15, 2009
OwnMaNoWaR wrote:
I think it's completely fair. Myth is about two things: Minions, and the ability to destroy, or get around shields.

You have no idea how hard it is for a Myth Wizard to fight Myth monsters. You've got to put a prism on, then traps, then ANOTHER prism, then traps.

People find stuff to gripe about everything these days, I tell you.

Hmm, don't make it sound like it's very difficult, I have a death charater and a myth charater, and from my expericences, a Myth wizard could simply blade twice and use convert twice. Giving you time to either summon a minion or place more blades for another attack.

Not to metion, you should have a 2nd school in the first place? But if anyone should to complain about Myth wizards, the Blance wizards COULD be over powered. If you were a blance with ice spells, and fire spells, your ALMOST impossible to beat. You could shield yourself all day until you have 12+ pips, use a fire elf for any towers, the blade while the burn is still in effect, And you know the rest if you have seen the lady appeared from the ground blindfolded. -_-

Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
qXiLL wrote:
brick wrote:

What? Did you really just say there isn't an unbalance in this game? LOL!
Every school has its strengths and weaknesses, well no duh? If this wasn't true then this wouldn't be wizard101.

The point is, some schools strengths don't make sense at all, like the myth. I won't complain about heck hound, why would I? You can actually shield vs fire. Heck hound doesn't get passed shields, he's a DoT which you can shield against. Judgement is irrelevant in this thread.

I always assume that the people who defend against this thread play a myth character and with you, I'm right. I'm a grandmaster death with full pvp gear and well over 1k rank points and I know how the game works, so you don't need to explain to me about cards in deck and what not. There's more cards you need in pvp than what a 30 card deck or 40 card deck will give you. I use a 60 card deck, but I don't fill it up.

Plus, why on earth would I stack so many myth shields in my deck when I enter 1v1 and I have no clue who I'm going to go up against? If I vs a storm, those shields are USELESS.

The point still stands, why on earth was there a myth shield ever created?

Your really confusing yourself. Saying: "What is the point of a myth shield?" is the same as asking: "what is the point of an ice shield?". I really dont know where this will go to for you. I really dont see whay you're all upset.

Survivor
Jun 24, 2009
the reason minotaur has two hits(50 damage and 445damage)is so it can get passed ONE SHIELD but if you use two myth shield then the 2nd attack is weakened, also a weakness can weaken both attacks as well. if you compare minotaur to centaur or phenix, minotaur is weaker and you cant use traps unless you can put two traps, so thats why minotaur can pass ONE shield .

Survivor
May 30, 2009
I am myth and it is awsome! [But not good at low levels]

Explorer
Jun 11, 2009
krazykris23 wrote:
the reason minotaur has two hits(50 damage and 445damage)is so it can get passed ONE SHIELD but if you use two myth shield then the 2nd attack is weakened, also a weakness can weaken both attacks as well. if you compare minotaur to centaur or phenix, minotaur is weaker and you cant use traps unless you can put two traps, so thats why minotaur can pass ONE shield .

Yes, we know the reason for his damage is so he can pass ONE shield. The problem is is shielding TWICE of the same shield to block an orthrus attack. I know a weakness can weaken both attacks, which is why I have to waste my turns spamming weakness on them.

If I compare minotaur to centaur or phoenix? Why would I compare them? You can throw shields on vs those no problem, but if you're going 2nd to a myth then good luck to you getting both shields up, if their minion won't take your shields then his earthquake will.

Yes, if they use two traps which is very easy with their minion. Wait, why is it that he can pass one shield? Because you have to be lucky and get two of the same shield casted on you and make sure to keep them on? Hah, good luck.

Survivor
Nov 03, 2009
qXiLL wrote:
Bluebonic wrote:

So now through all of the exhausting battle with the myth, I have to suddenly come up with a 2nd myth shield in my deck of 55 cards?

you carry 55 cards into PvP? Are you kidding? Maybe that's why you have trouble.

on shields: they all need to be fixed.

Buffs and Hexes should stack, as should shields, except for one particular shield: tower.

if they simply made tower NOT stack, it would solve most of these problems.

Explorer
Jun 11, 2009
phantombeck wrote:
qXiLL wrote:
Bluebonic wrote:

So now through all of the exhausting battle with the myth, I have to suddenly come up with a 2nd myth shield in my deck of 55 cards?

you carry 55 cards into PvP? Are you kidding? Maybe that's why you have trouble.

on shields: they all need to be fixed.

Buffs and Hexes should stack, as should shields, except for one particular shield: tower.

if they simply made tower NOT stack, it would solve most of these problems.

I carry just under 50. And I have trouble because Myth is a BS class.
1500 rank, all gear. I know what I'm talking about.

Survivor
Dec 01, 2009
qXiLL wrote:

Myth has a double attack and many other ways to get rid of shields, that's their special thing like balance's special thing is no shield, fire's special thing is DoT. Ice's special thing is resist, it'd be like saying a life healing in pvp would be "unfair"

Explorer
Jun 11, 2009
LegendCanine wrote:
qXiLL wrote:

Myth has a double attack and many other ways to get rid of shields, that's their special thing like balance's special thing is no shield, fire's special thing is DoT. Ice's special thing is resist, it'd be like saying a life healing in pvp would be "unfair"

No, it wouldn't. The whole point of life is to heal. Just like in most games, there is a healer and protector.

But, in this game, there's a class that can get passed shields that aren't stacked. Ice's thing isn't resist, it's a lot of health, but low damage. Myth deals a lot of damage with a few buffs with orthrus. Their thing is to get rid of shields.. I mean, really? An earthquake will take off your two stacked shields if he really wanted to. After that, even if you draw one shield it doesn't matter. It's a cheap class and takes no brain power to use it.

Survivor
Apr 19, 2009
qXiLL wrote:
LegendCanine wrote:
qXiLL wrote:

No, it wouldn't. The whole point of life is to heal. Just like in most games, there is a healer and protector.

But, in this game, there's a class that can get passed shields that aren't stacked. Ice's thing isn't resist, it's a lot of health, but low damage. Myth deals a lot of damage with a few buffs with orthrus. Their thing is to get rid of shields.. I mean, really? An earthquake will take off your two stacked shields if he really wanted to. After that, even if you draw one shield it doesn't matter. It's a cheap class and takes no brain power to use it.

please lets not get into which class is better and which stink there all good classes

As the topic reads " explain to me the point of a myth shield well seeing as the myth cards that do double attack or get rid of shield buff etc. are all high level spells how about what goes for the lower level ones (cyclops humungofrog etc ) what about those cards there only one attack so if you said there's no point in myth shields you want to allow those cards to, to be free of shields

and as for you thought on the balance shield no it wouldn't really have made more sense because seeing as balance doesn't have a D.O.T it doesn't have its own shield to keep the balance