Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Magazine Code Question

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 15, 2009
Both my son and I bought a copy of Beckett's magazine for September/October. He put in the code for his character for the nifty sword and it worked fine. When I went to put in the code for my character I got the lovely message stating that it had been used by too many people and was no longer a viable code. If a million people have access to the magazine doesn't that mean that a million people have access to that code and should therefore be able to use it? I purchased the magazine and should be able to use the code. My son purchased the magazine which I was unaware of and used the code for himself. Is there a reason I am being penalized for his usage of the code as well? Is there a reason why the two characters cannot have the item? Is it because we have a family account? If this is so why can we not share equipment through a shared bank? I'm really confused as to what is going on with the codes. Please advise me because I'm beginning to get really disgruntled.

Administrator
Sorry to hear the Beckett Code did not work on the second account.
Mr Lincoln can definitely get this sorted out for your very quickly.

Just contact him directly through our Help & Support tab on the left of this screen, let him know the error you encountered and he'll straighten it out for you.

community@wizard101.com
Hero
May 19, 2009
each magazine code is different, and can only be used once per account if you want a second code you would have to subsribe to beckett twice

Survivor
Oct 23, 2008
wow my hubby bought it for me yesterday and i still dont even have a code ,,wish they were that fast getting it to me

Survivor
Jun 26, 2009
Celadrielle wrote:
Both my son and I bought a copy of Beckett's magazine for September/October. He put in the code for his character for the nifty sword and it worked fine. When I went to put in the code for my character I got the lovely message stating that it had been used by too many people and was no longer a viable code. If a million people have access to the magazine doesn't that mean that a million people have access to that code and should therefore be able to use it? I purchased the magazine and should be able to use the code. My son purchased the magazine which I was unaware of and used the code for himself. Is there a reason I am being penalized for his usage of the code as well? Is there a reason why the two characters cannot have the item? Is it because we have a family account? If this is so why can we not share equipment through a shared bank? I'm really confused as to what is going on with the codes. Please advise me because I'm beginning to get really disgruntled.

if you are both on the same account just different wizards that could be a reason, but if you have different accounts it is just because the code in each magazine is different and can only be used once. if you want the sword you will have to buy another magazine but if you and your son are on the same account only one character can use it i think.