Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Suggestion: Allow Ignore during PVP

AuthorMessage
Defender
May 29, 2009

I enjoy the PVP part of this game. I enjoy it more, win or lose, when my opponent is at least cordial. Friendly is good (I've met some nice people this way), quiet is fine, trash talking -- not so good. I'm an adult and it's more annoying to me than anything, but at times I do play with others on a team who are younger and it really gets to them. It has led to some verbal confrontations after the match where racial slurs where thrown around, etc. (yes, I did report).

I've seen suggestions about eliminating open chat between opponents. That would take away from some of the good experiences I've had. How about adding the option to click on an opponent and Ignore? You enter the match with existing chat options, but if it just gets too annoying, click on the opponent(s) and Ignore them.

That way, they can talk all they want, but you can't hear them. Everyone wins. As a team, they can talk/taunt/trash talk all they want, have their fun, but as the opponent, if you don't want to hear it, you can just turn it off.

I can't see a downside to this. Would love to see this suggestion implemented. Thanks.

Survivor
Jun 23, 2009
carterma wrote:

That way, they can talk all they want, but you can't hear them. Everyone wins. As a team, they can talk/taunt/trash talk all they want, have their fun, but as the opponent, if you don't want to hear it, you can just turn it off.

I can't see a downside to this. Would love to see this suggestion implemented. Thanks.

I agree with this all the way- It's the only (true) problem in the arena as far as I am concerned. Seems strange- that so many complain about the usage of cards...and not the despicable usage of words.

Defender
May 28, 2009
I agree. I have never seen more trash talk in Wizard101 than I have seen in the arena alone. Recently, however, I have noticed that if I click on a persons name in the text box I can get their picture and stuff to show up in the friends panel. I believe that you can ignore them from this location. Of course, you cannot "click" on anyone who is in a duel and get that panel but I have been able to click on their name once they talk. You should try this and see what type of results you get. The feature you are asking for may already be available to you. Yay!

Survivor
Jan 27, 2009
Already exists, except rather than clicking on their character, click on their name in the chat log. Then ignore.

Defender
May 29, 2009
oh interesting. I didn't know you could click on anything when the person talked. So if I click on their name in the chat log, then I get the option to Ignore.

fantastic advice. I'll have to try it tonight. Thank you.

Survivor
Mar 06, 2009
:( there is one downside you can also veiw other players stats and school and everything

Defender
May 28, 2009
Yep, it makes for quick and easy identification. But if you don't want to be identified then don't talk. That alone should cut down on the trash talk.