Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Bazaar costs and No Auction..

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 08, 2009
Okay I know everyone knows the store can give you more money sometimes than the Bazaar. But I was trying to sell some on the Bazaar today and I was wondering if I am selling for the exact same cost if I were to buy it. So I looked up the same exact thing I was about to sell (Widow's Refined Robe) and I noticed the guy at the Bazaar would give me 380 gold for selling it to him.

Then I looked at the cost if I were to buy it back... I almost sold something for 380 gold that was actually the cost of 2439?!?! I got very upset because I have sold a lot of things to the Bazaar in the past week and I probably sold them for a lot less than it was supposed to be. I even went to the shop to sell the same robe and it was still 380 gold. I would like 2439 gold not that, I wish I could get a refund at the Bazaar now this just made me so mad.

Normally I wouldn't care so much for money but I want to buy an expensive castle right now and I wont get a ton of money for it until I get to Mooshu and I am finishing up Marleybone as we speak. I would still love to get some more money out of the quests in Marleybone and I would definitely like to get some more money out of the Bazaar.

I also feel that most things that are for "No Auction" shouldn't be for No Auction. I mean this one robe that was for No Auction only had +3 accuracy. Is that really worth a No Auction? It was even worth 2456 gold.

Defender
May 28, 2009
I agree that this situation is frustrating because there is nothing that you can do to change it. There is no way of becoming better at trading. There is no way of marking up the prices on the items that you sell. There is no way to negotiate, barter, or haggle with the buyer. You have no options at all except keep the stuff and let your backpack and bank fill up to capacity or sell it for a cut rate price. Every game has this type of logic built into it, but Wizard101 is the worst one as far as percentages that I have seen yet. I still have not been able to completely rationalize the concept. Essentially the idea is that if they gave you the actual value of the item and you only bought what you wanted then you would have so much money that you would never need the drops anyway. But I also thought that is why they put in a money cap. So why do they have both? Have no idea. Basically, this is not a financial game and KI has proven that effectively. So just sell the stuff you don't need for whatever they will give you for it.

Mastermind
Jun 23, 2009
yea the bazaar rips you off. but that's a small price to pay for not farming at bosses to get exclusive items.

by the way, can earthwalker and death leprechaun be sold at the bazaar? if not then what boss drops them? they're crowns items so they got removed from gold shops and now their drops from bosses.

Defender
Jan 07, 2009
Otys wrote:
yea the bazaar rips you off. but that's a small price to pay for not farming at bosses to get exclusive items.

by the way, can earthwalker and death leprechaun be sold at the bazaar? if not then what boss drops them? they're crowns items so they got removed from gold shops and now their drops from bosses.

One I can answer, they are no trade, and no auction.
I got my earthwalker from just before malistaire, was the fire heliphant I believe.

The rest of the stuff we won was not worth the work. Box of live chickens is about a slap in the face for 2 hours work!

Defender
Aug 02, 2008
Whiterose2 wrote:
Otys wrote:

One I can answer, they are no trade, and no auction.
I got my earthwalker from just before malistaire, was the fire heliphant I believe.

The rest of the stuff we won was not worth the work. Box of live chickens is about a slap in the face for 2 hours work!

HA! try 4+ hours fighting in frost something in Grizzleheim in the caves
the Boss in the center and the 2 guards on each side all separate battles
mind you, Finaly after like 4 logons all at differant times of day and night
trying to find someone to help me with them, I got someone to help went into the first battle, then things got REAL weird with turns skipped,
pips dissapearing, my help was out of his circle and halfway into the floor
he said the same for me, but I saw myself as normal and so did he.
AND THE FIZZLE was shall I say like 80% during this fight too.
to put a long story short this was just the first time I have battled this same boss or guard, Grizzle needs more quest dailog and story giving a
bit more info. after finaly killing the first guard I went out and found out that I had to pull some switch for the battle to count!!! but all I ever got from it excluding gold, as reward was a empty tin can! or some regiment
I simply sell anyway for like 3 gold

I'm still looking for help with them.

The bazaar ANY real GOOD Item seems to not be sellable
in the auctions. but it is in the shops for pennies on the dollar, for what they are really worth. as you saw in the bazaar window when you tried to sell it. Same with Crown to gold exchange rates, that is even worse yet.