Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

A really good crafting idea.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 15, 2009
As those who have done the crafting quests know, the system is kind of flawed. For example, for one quest you need 75 diamonds. That is roughly 1,500 ore. Not only is that long and boring, but it trivializes ore in general.

Why not add crafting recipes that allow you to take say 10 ore + other reagents = diamond. This would speed up the process of gathering rare reagents and make it more entertaining to do so. It would also put a use to the huge amounts of ore that is collected and perhaps keep items moving in the bazaar, as players could also buy ore to turn into diamonds.

Also, keep in mind, there are crafting slots. So, depending on whatever time it would take to cooldown the above recipe, this also doesn't necessarily mean there will be a huge influx in rare reagents either.

And of course I used Ore/Diamonds as an example, but it would work for all. Mandrake/Bloodmoss, BlackLotus/BlackPearls, and so on.

My other idea is they should have bosses through out DS drop recipes. These recipes would be for gear that is better than the level 50 DS gear, but they would take a lot of reagents to create.

Perhaps then, there would be incentive for Grandmasters to actually craft something.

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
This is a REALLY good idea I cant believe no one supported merak8 in this idea but me I love this idea KI should put it on the game

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
Defender
May 28, 2009
I vote for this as well. I have suggested crafting rare reagents out of base reagents before and I hope that enough people will agree with this so that KI will make the change. I just hope that people have not given up on crafting all together because we won't be able to get enough support if most people think that it is a failed system anyway. It is going to have to be improved if it is going to appeal to the masses. Good suggestion! Everybody join us in getting this changed.

Survivor
Mar 08, 2009
Merak8
Thx for taking the time to do such a good job writing your ideas up. I agree. We aren't asking KI to make crafting totally easy with instance gratification just possible to see the end of the tunnel.

I for one have enough mist wood and stone blocks to build a castle and plenty of cat tails for some really big pillows should we ever need to make them. 8)

Muzicma
GM Cassandra TitanFlame, GM FrostFlame, GM LotusFLame and almost master DeathFlame

Explorer
Jan 18, 2009
I agree absolutely, this would definitely help.

Also, how about making some monsters or bosses have a 100% drop of this or that reagent, and perhaps give rares for some of them? For example, one could fight Gurtok Firebender for diamons, and so on.

Survivor
Jun 20, 2009
wow this is truly the best crafting idea i have seen yet. KI please take this into consideration as it might be the solution for the huge problem you are facing with unhappy crafters. i cant believe i didn't think of this myself, two thumbs up here! :D

Survivor
May 24, 2009
I agree with both Merak8 and Muzicma, KI should take that idea into consideration, by turning something else into something else cause i got enough ore, cat tails, and stone blocks to run and ORE processing plant, to start a CAT TAIL garden, and to use the STONE BLOCKS to decorate my CAT TAIL garden or rebuild DRAGONSPYRE WITH so please do something about that KI WERE ALL BEGGING YOU TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT, because you guys made crafting a REAL bORE when there so much of the same ITEMS and not enough of the rare ITEMS plus you should lower you crafting prices like for example the crafting item for DS crafting quest the ring one it reqiures 15 diamands can you lower it to say maybe 5 or 6 cause its just to much to use and this also includes all other crafting items that are at a HIGH price from all the other worlds also, cause it just not fare to all the players of the game to find all these rare items intill they reach enough to be able to craft with.

Eric Dayton
GM Valkoor Titanblade

Survivor
Aug 09, 2009
I have to toss my agreement into this discussion. Some rare items are just off the charts. My kids have pretty much given up on crafting. 100 hours spent and nothing to show for it hardly encourages them to keep on with it. Besides, this would add a degree of complication and sophistication to the crafting system which, as it stands, is far to simple and linear.

Explorer
Jul 29, 2009
I do give my full support to this and i think ValeDonte is a GENIUS

Matthew BOOMSpear
lvl 32 Pyro

Survivor
Jun 30, 2009
Defender
Jul 18, 2009
An awesome suggestion and the idea mimics other successful games out there that have a crafting skill.

Thanks! All we can do is hope KI pays attention and implements this. As it stands the tedious nature of crafting (which is actually harder than other time sink games out there) is driving me to cancel.

Survivor
May 24, 2009
Thank You Matthew Boomspear for your complantment, i have been following up whenever i get a chance to on the message boards, and now i got another idea and problem, my idea is be allowed to create your own version of armor/robes "meaning" you can design it as wizard city robes or dragonspyre armor with your own ideas for accurarcy, toughness, and resistance and your own speciality card like what some pets have for example where you can choose from any cards from all of the schools last spell quest like DRAGON for fire to THE TWO HEADED DOG for myth or you can even modifiy currant robes/armor to your own specs. like for example you have dragonspyre boots from zeke that has colossus on it and you want it in your armor instead you should be able to do that, and for the crafting i have been finding diamonds so far i managed to find more but when i do find some and it goes into my bag it doesnt show on the counter , right now it shows that i got 4 diamonds but i been collecting them and i should be having like 10 right now, so some how that building of the diamonds has stop along the way and is not showing anymore, that is not fair to me and to anyone else who has that same problem so KI CAN YOU FIX THE CRAFTING PART OF THE GAME BEFORE EVERYBODY GOES NUTS DOING IT AND THEY SAY REMOVE THE CRAFTING.

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
Just like your backpack, your reagent store has a max capacity. Make sure you have emptied some of the unneeded reagents. Try not to go out searching with more than, say 500 total (about half capacity.

Survivor
May 24, 2008
Perhaps KingsIsle could add a "prospect" feature. In World of Warcraft, for example, Jewelcrafters are able to "prospect" ore to obtain rarer gemstones. For example, you have to collect 5 ore and then "prospect" it to get one diamond or perhaps a different gem. Same principle for farming things like Black Lotus for Black Pearl or Mandrake for Blood Moss.

I think crafting is a great addition to the game but it still needs tweaking to get it back to "fun" and not "frustrating".