Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

I've completed Sunken City. It's extremely hard so

AuthorMessage
Defender
Mar 09, 2009
why is the XP horrible? There are multiple quests when you get in, but the XP given is terrible. Why?

Delver
Jun 16, 2009
I agree, they only give you 30 xp for going through all that trouble probably getting into 50 battles on the sidewalks, you get that?????????? I think they should give you a lot more.

Survivor
May 22, 2009
When you get the quest it's ment for when your a lower level. The lower level you are, the less xp you need to get to the next level. So what your calling a little xp was a lot xp when you probably recieved the quest or when you were ment to. Mooshu and Dragonspyre quests begin to give you around 2,000 xp. Wizard City and Krokotopia give you little xp thinking your a lower level which will allow you not not level up three levels everytime you finish a quest but to even it out as if it was a Dragonspyre quest that a level 45+ was doing. It may seem confusing but you'll get it eventually.

Never take advice from a sticker.
Take it from a level 49 Ice Wizard, Kelsey Dawnwhisper
GO ICE!!!!!

Defender
Mar 09, 2009
Well you get Sunken City around level 10 or something like that. 200 something XP isn't that great.

Mastermind
Jun 23, 2009
i agree, it should give you AT LEAST 3000 exp. fightin all those things is not worth like 300 exp

Survivor
Jun 01, 2009
Is there a trick to not being sucked off the sidewalks the minute you make a move. Its driving me nuts.

Defender
May 29, 2009

I don't disagree with you. The XP awarded for sunken city is very low given the amount of time/effort required to complete it. It is an optional quest though so if the xp just isn't worth your time, skip it. There are easier quests to get xp and level up.

I think it was put in for the sake of putting a challenging instance in Wizard City. Krokotopia has Tomb of the Beguiler, Marleybone has Kensington Park (ugh, man you'd wish you were back in sunken city). It's not so much of a reward as it is a test of your battle skills (and walking skills quite frankly since you can get pulled into battle so easily).

What you do get in sunken city is the badge "Sunken City Survivor". A lot of people wear that with pride because the instance is so difficult. If the badge isn't enough incentive to you, I'd recommend skipping it until you're a higher level when it will be easier.

Hero
May 19, 2009
thats how kesington park is, for the hours it takes to beat with your level 30 something character you still recieve horrible XP for beating it

Defender
Oct 03, 2008
Sunken City is supposed to be an optional instance, so naturally you don't get that much exp for it. It's just there for challenge value. If it's hard for you at the moment, come back when you're at a higher level. I can solo Sunken City easily, being a grandmaster. In fact, I don't think there's a single master that CAN'T beat Sunken City

Valkoor Crow
Grandmaster Necromancer

Defender
Mar 09, 2009
carterma wrote:

I don't disagree with you. The XP awarded for sunken city is very low given the amount of time/effort required to complete it. It is an optional quest though so if the xp just isn't worth your time, skip it. There are easier quests to get xp and level up.

I think it was put in for the sake of putting a challenging instance in Wizard City. Krokotopia has Tomb of the Beguiler, Marleybone has Kensington Park (ugh, man you'd wish you were back in sunken city). It's not so much of a reward as it is a test of your battle skills (and walking skills quite frankly since you can get pulled into battle so easily).

What you do get in sunken city is the badge "Sunken City Survivor". A lot of people wear that with pride because the instance is so difficult. If the badge isn't enough incentive to you, I'd recommend skipping it until you're a higher level when it will be easier.

There is a quest for Life wizards in order to learn a new spell they must find Grubbs Chest, which is at Grubbs. So it is necessary.