Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

No Black Pearl = No Crafting = No Fun

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 26, 2008
Please up the instance of plants that drop black pearls. Spending hours and hours camping for a crazy rare craft item that you need tons of is no fun at all. This game is very well balanced in other areas. Please give crafting some love.

Thanks!

Zardo

Defender
Jan 07, 2009
Zardo1 wrote:
Please up the instance of plants that drop black pearls. Spending hours and hours camping for a crazy rare craft item that you need tons of is no fun at all. This game is very well balanced in other areas. Please give crafting some love.

Thanks!

Zardo

maybe they are looking for more traffic to say more people are "playing" ,to me that isn't playing that is not fun either.

Explorer
Jul 05, 2008
I used to play everyday and got my family to join. Now I hardly play just pop in do try and get just one pearl. And yesterday I got one pearl in 5 hours. That was not even constant. I would do all the realms and leave.

I would love to do crafting. I was so looking forward to getting master crafter to build new funrniture.

This crafting quest has ruin the game for me. It could be fun. just let us make a pearl after say 50 lotcus. I get so disappointed I just give up.

I can not even buy it in the bazaar there are too many trying or they just do not show up.

Please fix this crafting and make it fun. I could care less about master crafter title. I just want to make stuff.!!!!

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
Has anyone noticed that those teaching the crafting are just plain mean and evil?

Instead of giving us quests on items requiring easy to find components, they give us the ones with impossible reagents.

Not only that, they are unoriginal!

Give different quests (perhaps based on schools) so that the same rare items are not the same for everyone.

And, they are greedy.

Check the prices on the items that they require, then the small amount they give us. Now I realize that they would want a small cut to offset the training, but a cut of over 80% seems a bit much....Drake the Grumpy doesn't even charge for his training!!!

Survivor
Feb 03, 2009
I'm with you all on this, I was really looking forward to the crafting stuff, I thought it would be fun. I'm a bit Attention Deficit and I get bored really quickly of just fighting the same monsters for the quests - I thought the crafting would be a neat diversion. WRONG!! This is even more boring then fighting the same monsters for a given quest, at least there was an end in sight with a monster quest - some of the higher level craft training quests require such a large quantity of very rare reagents, it seems impossible that I'll ever get them all before I get totally bored and quit the game. If KI doesn't come up with something soon for the higher levels and/or fix the drop times to something more managable I guess I'll have to jump on the band wagon of others who have left the game - which is sd because this is one of the VERY BEST online games out there

Survivor
Jun 25, 2009
Hey look Marsha...yet another thread where people are saying that "they are just going to have to quit the game if they do not get their way. You know what? Then quit, seriously. This seems to be the route that some subscribers believe will make the developers instantly jump out of their seats and get what everyone wants done at the drop of a dime. Well people... It's not; you big babies.

I have no qualms with people who wish to express certain frustrations, and ask if something can be done, but this route of "I am just going to have to leave the game, if I see no changes" bit, is beyond grammar school behavior and is popping up more and more frequently on these boards. I noticed many then tend to add afterward that they "love this game, soooo much....BUT........". Oh come on already. Stop with the drama.

Like I said, post the issues that you are not satisfied with, but stop with this constant routine of threatening to quit. Things take time, and sometimes certain things are just not going to change; so you can either work with that and make the best of it....or put your money where your mouth is and simply quit like many in these threads "claim" that they will.

You know where the unsubscibe button is...so press it.

"But, but, but, Broooooooooooooklyn....You have to understand...I love this game..........BUT" Yeah yeah, there is always a BUT.

Explorer
Jan 18, 2009
I would say that I have to agree with Brooklyn about all this quitting stuff. Also correct is the point that sometimes one has to be patient, because problems aren't always fixed right away.

But I still do agree with the fact that 70 black pearls is a bit much.

Mastermind
Jun 23, 2009
its not that bad, i just do lotus running in mooshu, there's usually one growing next to a building. collect it, run to the other building (they are usually pretty close) then switch realms. just repeat

Survivor
May 23, 2009
Try looking in the Cave of Solitude in Mooshu. I have found tons of reagents there and have found a lot of Black lotuses and found one black pearl when i picked up a black lotus.

Survivor
May 15, 2009
Hi,

I am the grand mother that just posted a reply on here. I also want to say that the last two days I have recieved a pearl, but then when I go look it is not there. So I think I am adding and I am really not adding any pearls to my quest requirements. Why is that?

Thanks,

Survivor
Dec 22, 2008
wait till you need black pearls and blood moss what a joke to many people not enough plants - black lotus and or red mandrake

Survivor
May 09, 2009
I'm a grandma and got my family involved, daughter and grandkids. Crafting is not at the top of our list. We're having fun working our way through the worlds, leveling up, etc. After to much time trying to find "Scrape Iron" we decided we're just not focusing on crafting for now.

Yes, I agree that a little more "consideration" needs to be given to crafting, especially drop items. Consider dropping cost of vials, jewels and recipes, thought this game was geared towards kids, family, hello we're in a recession here. In the meantime my daughter and I gearing up for the battle with the "Jade Oni". No we won't quit, but will hopefully give input to enhance, improve the game. Any new "Worlds" on the horizon?

Jasmine Dawnwhisper

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
sherni2 wrote:
Hi,

I am the grand mother that just posted a reply on here. I also want to say that the last two days I have recieved a pearl, but then when I go look it is not there. So I think I am adding and I am really not adding any pearls to my quest requirements. Why is that?

Thanks,

1) Make sure you have less than max reagents. I believe it is 999 max. Sell off those you don't need.

2) Sometimes, things don't show. Go to the buttons at the top, and look for the rare 'found' button and see if it shows up there. I think 4 pages is max, and if you reach the limit, even if you have, it doesn't show.

Survivor
May 24, 2009
Yeah, I have to agree. There is so many people that sought after special items that it's almost impossible to get that well-sought after item.

To tell you the truth, I've been playing two games instead of just this one. It seems like I may have to wait even more just to be able to craft a measly item :-(

Defender
Mar 07, 2009
I love this game. Crafting is a bit of a pain. But I'm still going through it though. Almost done. do a little bit at a time. If i get to mad I start at the begining and go through all worlds. I have other characters. But until I finish everything with my death I wont switch characters. I'm earning bagdes to, which is taking up time. Butt to finish is the best feeling and it makes me want to continue. So babies...STOP COMPLAINING AND GET OFF!!!!! POSITIVE CRITISISM WOULD BE A START FOR CHANGE. ROME WASNT BUILT IN A DAY YA KNOW!!

ENJOY THE GAME AND TIME SPENT WITH FAMILY AND FRIENDS :-)

Survivor
Jun 20, 2009
Broooklyn wrote:
Hey look Marsha...yet another thread where people are saying that "they are just going to have to quit the game if they do not get their way. You know what? Then quit, seriously. This seems to be the route that some subscribers believe will make the developers instantly jump out of their seats and get what everyone wants done at the drop of a dime. Well people... It's not; you big babies.

I have no qualms with people who wish to express certain frustrations, and ask if something can be done, but this route of "I am just going to have to leave the game, if I see no changes" bit, is beyond grammar school behavior and is popping up more and more frequently on these boards. I noticed many then tend to add afterward that they "love this game, soooo much....BUT........". Oh come on already. Stop with the drama.

Like I said, post the issues that you are not satisfied with, but stop with this constant routine of threatening to quit. Things take time, and sometimes certain things are just not going to change; so you can either work with that and make the best of it....or put your money where your mouth is and simply quit like many in these threads "claim" that they will.

You know where the unsubscibe button is...so press it.

"But, but, but, Broooooooooooooklyn....You have to understand...I love this game..........BUT" Yeah yeah, there is always a BUT.

You have a point when it comes to people complaining and telling their frustrations to everyone, and yes everyone seems to be having the same issues. But instead of saying how bad it is or unfair the game is being, try to offer ideas to make it less of a headache. I have read some ideas by people who have had some awesome suggestions in regards to rare reagents and ways to make the chances of finding them a little higher. Read what others have suggested, find one you think is a great idea and you believe could really help the problem and endorse it. I think the more people that agree on a solution instead of the problem will find that KI is more likely to find that answer we are looking for. And trust me there some clever ideas out there that i wouldnt mind seeing put into action. :-D

Survivor
Dec 14, 2008
I think Admin should lower the number of black pearls and blood moss required to complete the tasks or increase the number of them in the game. I zam tired of spending valueable game time looking for these items.
It's not fun to just run around looking for items. I would much rather fight for them or buy them.

ADMIN, I hope you're listening!

Survivor
May 24, 2009
Whiterose2 wrote:
Zardo1 wrote:

Thanks!

Zardo

maybe they are looking for more traffic to say more people are "playing" ,to me that isn't playing that is not fun either.

You can buy the transmute black pearl card from the recipe vendor I believe in Marley Bone, and you can pretty much transmute anything with the recipes you just have to find them. They are always the vendor that give's you crafting quests. You have to click on the house button at the top right of page then click on the gold cards at the top right and you will find the transmute cards.

Survivor
Aug 15, 2009
i know i bought a card crafting station so i could transmute.
It's crazy that you have to be an initiate crafter to transmute scrap iron. You don't need it after you get the badge

Tatiana Dreampetal level 29 adept pyromancer
fire goddess

Explorer
Jul 21, 2009
1) black pearl is not that hard... use transmutate. 15 black lotus = 1 black pearl.
--get the recipe in Mooshu from Toshio.
2) this works for diamonds too... 15 ore = 1 diamond
--Marleybone - Felicia Worthington

its MUCH easier than spending HOURS trying. As you search for the black lotus, you hopefully get a black pearl or too, then just make the rest. It only takes 5 seconds for each transmutate.

i never liked crafting before, but now i have found some cool stuff and it has become more fun to do! especially crafting treasure cards... like feint! oh yeah! Now I can you 2 FEINTS on one enemy... .. BAM!

Survivor
Dec 31, 2009
The best place to find black pearls is in ancient burial grounds in moo shu. go to the last two houses at the end, and there will be black lotus by either the wagon or the rock on either side. You may have to realm hop for a while, but in a four hour period, checking and realm hopping and checking and realm hopping, ect. I received over 80 lotus flowers and roughly 20 pearls. As for blood moss, i am still having problems. But the crafting man in moo shu commons sells the recipe for black pearls and black lotus flowers. And the diamond recipe can be found from the crafting lady in marleybone.
cheyenne stormsong, grand master

Survivor
Feb 08, 2009
When I first heard about this crafting thing i was extreamly excited! That was my first mistake. My second mistake was starting crafting on all my wizards. I just quit the crafting quests and started becoming a Grandmaster! I want access into the tower in colossus bullivard

Survivor
Jul 23, 2009
How about if we had mini games. We could play "harvesting mini games" and depending on how well we did we would get better drops. Just a thought ...

Survivor
Jul 03, 2009
we can not find black pearls. Why are the black pearls hard to find? We need lots of them and they are super hard to get can you make that easier please.

From
Victoris

Administrator
Toshio in Mooshu may have something that interests you, young Wizards....

community@wizard101.com