Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Life school needs more powerful spells!

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jul 01, 2008
Hey KingsIsle,
I would like to make one request to improve this game. There are many, many high-damage spells of every school

Life: Rebirth - 650 heal+400 absorb to all friends
Fire: Fire Dragon - 440+351 over rounds
Ice: Frost Giant - 475+Stun all enemies
Myth: Orthrus - 50 and 650
Death: Scarecrow - 400 to all enemies, returns half health from each
Storm: 690 to all enemies+Stun all enemies
Balance: Hydra - 190 fire, ice, and storm

Sorry if any of these cards are incorrect, as I have seen these spells cast very rarely, only once or twice.

I know that you will argue that Life can heal, and their Accuracy is 90%, higher than the fire's 75%, storm's 70%, and so on.

However, I believe that Life should have more powerful spells. Most of their spells are about healing. It actually gets quite annoying that the spells we learn from Quests are mainly just healing spells. Don't get me wrong, I see the advantage of having many different types of healing spells of all variety, but I believe that there is not enough powerful spells, especially the type that does damage to all enemies. Here are all the spells that do healing, from Life School:

Minor Blessing
Sprite
Fairy
Unicorn
Satyr
Regenerate
Rebirth
Dryad

The attack spells are:

Imp
Leprechaun
Nature's Wrath
Seraph
Centaur

As you can see, the healing spells outnumber the attacking spells.

You might also argue that in the game, different schools were made so that different wizards could work together as a team, and the whole point of being a Life student was to give life, or to heal. Well, if I am a loner (which I am not, but some Life students may be!) then it would be extremely difficult to solo the game, especially when monsters have high hit points. Although I may die less easily, it would take a while to defeat them.

There may be a few more points, but I really, really wish you could add something that damages all emenies for Life school. Thank you so much for reading and considering this!

~Slushie3704
Amber Pixiefountain
Level 41 Master Theurgist
Current Questing World: MooShu
:-)

Delver
Jun 16, 2009
I agree with you, I have two characters, my necromancer and my new Theurgist, :D .

After looking over the list of life spells and looking at some life spells you must get at a certain level and are not shown like (Dryad, and Nature's Wrath) I think life should have more damage spells.

Survivor
Jun 19, 2009
Slushie3704 wrote:
Hey KingsIsle,
I would like to make one request to improve this game. There are many, many high-damage spells of every school

Sorry if any of these cards are incorrect, as I have seen these spells cast very rarely, only once or twice.

I know that you will argue that Life can heal, and their Accuracy is 90%, higher than the fire's 75%, storm's 70%, and so on.

However, I believe that Life should have more powerful spells. Most of their spells are about healing. It actually gets quite annoying that the spells we learn from Quests are mainly just healing spells. Don't get me wrong, I see the advantage of having many different types of healing spells of all variety, but I believe that there is not enough powerful spells, especially the type that does damage to all enemies. Here are all the spells that do healing, from Life School:

Minor Blessing
Sprite
Fairy
Unicorn
Satyr
Regenerate
Rebirth
Dryad

The attack spells are:

Imp
Leprechaun
Nature's Wrath
Seraph
Centaur

You might also argue that in the game, different schools were made so that different wizards could work together as a team, and the whole point of being a Life student was to give life, or to heal. Well, if I am a loner (which I am not, but some Life students may be!) then it would be extremely difficult to solo the game, especially when monsters have high hit points. Although I may die less easily, it would take a while to defeat them.

There may be a few more points, but I really, really wish you could add something that damages all emenies for Life school. Thank you so much for reading and considering this!

~Slushie3704
Amber Pixiefountain

I COMPLETELY AGREE I Solo like you mentioned in yours and i just try to beef up my attacks enough to do some damage using blades and traps but after I finally am ready to attack i have to use my pips to heal. So here are a few ideas I have to use as higher lvl attack spells for Life. Please tell me what ya think.

1. Pegasus: lvl: 38? Using a Rainbow similar to Leprechaun it swoops down flutters and then proceeds to ram him or kick something like that. Damage like 700? pip count: 7

2. (Personal favorite) Griffin: lvl: 40-45? spawns in a meadow similar to a satyr's uses an Eagles call then lunges and scratches the target or fly up and dive bombs target.

Darkblaze83
Thomas EarthStrider
Level 31 Magus Theurgist
Current questing world: Marleybone

Mastermind
Jun 23, 2009
i agree, i have a life wizard myself, and i mostly rely on death for fighting. Great school but it needs something better for low levels that doesn't involve a lerpechaun saying:

sdfasdhfaskjfasfafgaksfjs

although life is one of the schools that has no damage over time. you have healing over time but what good does that do? sprite sucks, and the next healing over time you get is that rebirth card, right? and that's level 48

Survivor
Jun 19, 2009
Otys wrote:
i agree, i have a life wizard myself, and i mostly rely on death for fighting. Great school but it needs something better for low levels that doesn't involve a lerpechaun saying:

although life is one of the schools that has no damage over time. you have healing over time but what good does that do? sprite sucks, and the next healing over time you get is that rebirth card, right? and that's level 48
Just to say the next one you get is at lvl 28 or 29 its um regeneration heals 75 at first then 1108 over 3 turns.

Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
Slushie3704 wrote:
Hey KingsIsle,

Minor Blessing
Sprite
Fairy
Unicorn
Satyr
Regenerate
Rebirth
Dryad

The attack spells are:

Imp
Leprechaun
Nature's Wrath
Seraph
Centaur

~Slushie3704
Amber Pixiefountain

I do agree but i also dont. Because life student's main job is to heal, they have mostly healing spells. Thats just the way they work. But they do have some battling spells like you know. There are some more things they can do though, like having a good-powered secondary school. I'm balance and my secondary school is....LIFE! I mean, i understand how your putting it but life wizards are awesome! If life wizards weren't part of the game, there would be no such thing in w101 as "healing". For example: even the fairy for everyone else that are not life wizards is a LIFE spell. What about the balance spell for healing. Well, we wouldnt have that because it is a LIFE balance spell. The fire spell, link. We wouldnt have that either because one part of it is LIFE! without life students, WE WOULDNT BE ABLE TO HEAL! Oh and i do like the ideas darkblaze83.

Survivor
Jun 19, 2009
IamLezul wrote:
Slushie3704 wrote:
Hey KingsIsle,

Minor Blessing
Sprite
Fairy
Unicorn
Satyr
Regenerate
Rebirth
Dryad

The attack spells are:

Imp
Leprechaun
Nature's Wrath
Seraph
Centaur

~Slushie3704
Amber Pixiefountain

I do agree but i also dont. Because life student's main job is to heal, they have mostly healing spells. Thats just the way they work. But they do have some battling spells like you know. There are some more things they can do though, like having a good-powered secondary school. I'm balance and my secondary school is....LIFE! I mean, i understand how your putting it but life wizards are awesome! If life wizards weren't part of the game, there would be no such thing in w101 as "healing". For example: even the fairy for everyone else that are not life wizards is a LIFE spell. What about the balance spell for healing. Well, we wouldnt have that because it is a LIFE balance spell. The fire spell, link. We wouldnt have that either because one part of it is LIFE! without life students, WE WOULDNT BE ABLE TO HEAL! Oh and i do like the ideas darkblaze83.
Thank you but I see the points you make I do not mind healing people when they need it I do it all the time but I hate when people are inconsiderate they are like heal me Dude and i do my best but consider i solo alot sometimes I have to wait for the healing spells and then they hate me :-( but I dont mind and we are a key part to this game and I like how you have pointed this out and Thanks for the support on my ideas.

Survivor
Jun 30, 2009
IamLezul wrote:
Slushie3704 wrote:
Hey KingsIsle,

Minor Blessing
Sprite
Fairy
Unicorn
Satyr
Regenerate
Rebirth
Dryad

The attack spells are:

Imp
Leprechaun
Nature's Wrath
Seraph
Centaur

~Slushie3704
Amber Pixiefountain

We all agree that the point of life wizards is healing. But we do need some better attack spells. Like, I recently got seraph, and I'm all happy right? But now I am in Grizzleheim, and it is pretty useless. Even with the charms and stuff, it is still weak. And we need an attack that hits everyone. Maybe it could be like the in Centaur attack, where trees grow around all enemies and do, like 350 damage. That's all i'm asking.

Plus, I just want to empathize with darkblaze83. It is nice when theurgists heal people, but we can't do it all the time, and I hate it when people bark at me to heal them. Its rude and it isn't our fault that we can't heal them every time. We need to put a lot of attacks in our decks to have a chance of defeating more than two enemies a day anyway, so they should lay off.

Survivor
Jun 19, 2009
Grizzleheim had been hard for me even with my centaurs i have to beast it up on one enemy and do it over like 6 turns! MEAN while im getting killed by whatever it is and then when they resist the centaur that does like 2500 in pvp only does like 1000 killing one but the other one is still there! I think we should get one Attack all enemy spells or a damage over time spell maybe some kind of poisonous plant wraps around them growing off a huge tree like Night Shade or poison Ivy.

Explorer
Dec 11, 2008
it would be cool to have more attacks i am a lvl 42 life mage my second is ice but i only use life spells and tower shield from ice however i been solo from the start and made it to DS just last night ya it does get annoying to have a hand full of healing spells but i mean how many attack spells do you need i am happy to use my centuar and life blades i have done pvp and i am a knight for a while and ya ppl get mad that i heal almost every turn but hey i am a life mage and thats all there is to it im just saying how manny attack spells do you need i only use centuar or the angel(idk how to spell it) even if there was more attacks i would not use them i see ppl in pvp fire mages storm mages and so on and the only use one or two attack spells and i am sure you know what two i am talking about

hunter ashgem lvl42 master life mage

Survivor
Jun 19, 2009
Anyway i am just going to keep posting on this forum to see if KI takes notice but I want new spells along with every other school yes I know we should heal other people, yes I know that is our "Purpose" and yes I know that we would have to give other schools another spell but cant we do that? Yes I know you are thinking use your secondary school but even then we don't get the advantage of power pips is that our fault for being Life? Maybe we could raise the max level that way everyone benefits. Still I support my three new spells pick one support one hate on i don't care maybe if its cool enough we may get some support from KI these three spells are

1.An attack that hits all Poison Ivy or NightShade
2.Pegasus one that attacks one target but maybe throw something in there like clears all traps on allies that would pwn
3. Gryphon: effect idk animation up for debate.

Explorer
Jan 18, 2009
Life is a perfectly balanced school. If you know how, you can easily solo with a life wizard.

Firstly, try to increase your power pip percentage. Seeing as theurgists mainly cast pip-based spells, this is important.

Secondly, life is made such that, at the rate one gains pips (and this is why an increase in power pip percentage helps), one can heal onesself faster than they are dealt damage, and using the extra time given by the extra health, they gather enough pips to cast damaging spells. It may be slow, but it works.

So I disagree.

Survivor
Jun 19, 2009
uune wrote:
Life is a perfectly balanced school. If you know how, you can easily solo with a life wizard.

Firstly, try to increase your power pip percentage. Seeing as theurgists mainly cast pip-based spells, this is important.

Secondly, life is made such that, at the rate one gains pips (and this is why an increase in power pip percentage helps), one can heal onesself faster than they are dealt damage, and using the extra time given by the extra health, they gather enough pips to cast damaging spells. It may be slow, but it works.

So I disagree.
YES it does work and It think I know what most Life wizards are getting at we are just yearning for new spells for all schools though for our new spell I think we just want one more attack. So the main thing I think what we are getting at is that people either want a higher lvl cap to make the game more fun and with a higher max level that would mean adding more spells I love this game and I wouldn't quit but when we are asking for more spells we are pretty much asking for more game material. That is what it is I think.

Survivor
Jun 19, 2009
Pretty much what Lifes are asking for along with every one else is new game material Am I right? but all we ask for is whatever comes out to add some new type of attack for Theurgusts. So whenever new game material comes out we want a new attack and every other schools can get some kind of stuff. I think that is what the problem is.

Defender
Dec 14, 2008
I disagree everything is perfectly balanced and from what i can see all you have been playing is a life or death wizard..... other schools like fire ice etc.... would kill for healing cards other then PIXIE....
and it would not be easy to balance out new life spells..... getting a new life damage spell would unbalance the game.....
but if you WANTED to balance the game give better healing cads to everyother school..... do that and you would balance the game.

Survivor
Feb 23, 2009

I think so to once I was in a battle half of my hp gone the other guy
used lifes second most powerful spell and I lived i think so because
I have to wizards one fire one life the fire one is up to marley bone
and is level 28 and my life wizard is up to krock level 12 it is hard to
beat people as a life i think life should get a new move one that dose
the damage of a last move and dose not heal.

Defender
Jul 02, 2009
I would like to see a damage multiple creatures spell in the life school. I agree that they are great in the normal 2 on one fights. Our guardian actually does something useful and if you use her she will save you. I love to solo and know that the areas where 3 or four on one happen are almost impossible. I like the game a lot. I have seen earth stalker and I think it should be a standard creature,

Thanks,

Explorer
Jun 11, 2009
KI actually has the life wizard down pretty good. The centaur hits for mean damage especially with a few buffs. They don't do spells like scarecrow or storm lord or stuff like that because that's not their priority. Their name says it all, LIFE.

They are a healing wizard, not a purpose damage dealing wizard. As for soloing, it'll just take you longer, but you have like a .1% possibility of dying and that's if you fizzle.

Explorer
Jun 07, 2009
Life doesnt need more powerful spells ( at least thats what i think XD)

LIfe is all about healing not attacking like other elements
its just a supportive element

Explorer
Dec 11, 2008
well there is good new

they had talk and they ARE going to rise the lvl cap and add more to the story line if if they do that i mean come on is the lvl cao is going to be higher then you know they are going to add more spells it would not be fun to lvl up with out getting a new spell

hunter ashgem lvl 50 grandmaster life mage

Survivor
Jan 06, 2009
What i think is life is just fine the way it is but i also agree that it needs more attacks to. But after all life's major is healing so we can't give them to much power or that could wipe out death attack-heal because life would then be able to attack then heal to. So maybe more attacks but not stronger then they should be. Thats what i think.

James Lion lvl.5o Necromancer
Badge: Master of Death

Survivor
Aug 30, 2009
I agree 110%!!! Also, our final pet shouldn't be satyr, it should be Cnetaur!

Survivor
Dec 20, 2008
i would have to disagree. yes life have vary little attack but then again the damage of the spells are a bit higher then some other spells. add life blade and life trap you got a good attack. now the reason i disagree life life points are the 2nd highest in game, 2nd if pair life with a good attack school say fire, myth to get past that little issue with no multi attacks. then add death school up to faint then you can solo with ease. i mean that's the reason for training points. i would agree if there was no tanning points for the game yea life would under balanced and would really be a group only support figure.

William MythTammer lvl 50 myth wizard.

Delver
Jun 16, 2009
Otys wrote:

lol I agree with you
Yeah a leprechaun saying:

fjkdnoakjzvbiuwlanygh

Sprite gives health but very little health, 30 health, then maybe another 30 then maybe a little bit more..... ehhh.

Survivor
Jan 09, 2009
I would disagree. Life wizards are hardly weak, with a few traps and charms I was in Dragonspyre before I started needing more than one attack to kill almost any opponent. With spirit blade, spirit trap and feint from balance and death schools, seraphs and centaurs do damage that the people around me are stunned to see.

Myrna LifeRiver
Level 47 Theurgist
Currently Quest World: Dragonspyre