Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Explore Staff on Platform?!

AuthorMessage
Squire
Jul 18, 2009
ok so I'm doing the eye of krok quest or whatever and ive defeated the pharaoh krok and gotten the staff and eye and my current goal says 'Explore Staff on Platform in Throne Room of Fire'
Only problem is, i can't do anything!! ive wandered around the platform dozens of times and winthrop is gone. I can't find him in the map room. What the heck is going on?!

Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
meetredmeat wrote:
ok so I'm doing the eye of krok quest or whatever and ive defeated the pharaoh krok and gotten the staff and eye and my current goal says 'Explore Staff on Platform in Throne Room of Fire'
Only problem is, i can't do anything!! ive wandered around the platform dozens of times and winthrop is gone. I can't find him in the map room. What the heck is going on?!

You got the staff already? Well if you did try talking to professer winthrop in the altar of kings.

Defender
Mar 09, 2009
Check your quest book. There is probably something else you have to do. The first time you get the staff it doesn't work. You have to kill Kroko something. This happened to me as well then I looked through my quest log and saw I had to kill someone.

Defender
Dec 23, 2008
That quest has a couple of things going on at once. Ignore the "Explore" quest and work on the other thread. It will all come together at the end.

Explorer
Mar 07, 2009
Survivor
Jul 18, 2009
Defender
May 08, 2009
I just think the quest is weird"Explore staff on platform" Does not really make sense.

Survivor
Jun 21, 2009
First, make sure that you don't have anything to complete before you "Explore the Staff"
Second, make sure that you defeated the Prince, this is the only way to get the staff. (The Explore staff part of the quest comes up before you can accually complete it. I got that part even before beating the Prince.)
Third, if it still doesn't work after doing all that try leaving and coming back in. Remember, you are aloud to leave for less the 30 mins.
Lastly, if ALL of this doesn't work, then it may be time to report a glitch!

Good Luck! I hope that it works! Its a FUN dungeon!

Defender
Jul 01, 2008
Yes, that's right. Ignore that Quest until you've completed everything else. Then explore the staff on platform and it will have a press x button.