Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Making your pet REALLY BIG?

AuthorMessage
Delver
Jun 16, 2009
I was in the Olde Town today when i saw this really big heckhound so I went over to it, It was REALLY BIG almost as big as that old woman's house in Firecat alley! Some people that were using menu chat were saying "wow" and "cool", after a while the person that kept saying "thanks" moved over and started running, then the heckhound turned back to a normal small size like all heckhound pets? Does anyone know what this is?

~Natalie Moonblade
Lvl. 25 necromancer

Defender
Mar 09, 2009
I've seen that and I've seen Fire Snakes like that. I don't know what it is though.

Hero
May 19, 2009
Survivor
Mar 22, 2009
Survivor
Jun 09, 2009
Delver
Jun 16, 2009
yes but the heckhound belonged to the person saying "thanks", is there a quest to interact with your pet?

Survivor
May 17, 2009
people that is just a person trying to learn the spell heckhound part of quest trust me i have done that i am NATALIE STRONGRIDER LVL 37 (PYROMANCER)

Explorer
Feb 16, 2009
DarkStorm825 what you saw wasnt a pet. At some certain levels in some certain schools you will get to earn a Spell that you can only learn if your Main school is that school. That was probably a fire student doing a quest from Dalia Falmea to get a new spell, usually you get to summon a cool Creature. Some other creatures i have seen being summoned are Ice Collosus, Ice Wyvern, Evil SNowman, Thunder Snake, Satyr and there is tons more. Hope this explains the * Giant Pet * you saw.

- Jasmine BlueGem Lvl 45 Thaumaturge
The Purifier

Mastermind
Jun 23, 2009
the heckhound appears during a fire only quest in olde town. the woman from the judgement spell appears in the commons for a balance quest. every school has a quest in which one of their monsters appear. fire is heckhound and balances is the judgement woman. i'm not sure about the other but i think death is a wraith

Delver
Jun 16, 2009
Defender
Mar 09, 2009
Otys wrote:
the heckhound appears during a fire only quest in olde town. the woman from the judgement spell appears in the commons for a balance quest. every school has a quest in which one of their monsters appear. fire is heckhound and balances is the judgement woman. i'm not sure about the other but i think death is a wraith

For Life a Seraph appears at the Unicorn Way Bridge and a Satyr appears at Unicorn Way Park.

Survivor
Jun 07, 2009
I think that if a Life student is learning the Centaur spell, a Centaur appears in the middle of Olde Town.

Defender
Mar 08, 2009
Well i know what all of you guys mean, but one time i actually SAW a huge pet. I dont know if it was just me who saw a myth person in the basilica with a GIANT orthrus that followed him around and went ON TOP of him( it also had a name. i told my friend to port,but he left just as my friend ported.

Survivor
Aug 06, 2009
why cant ur pets get bigger and better just like the players i think the pets should grow as we do i mean who wants a small dragon wene if you could have a bigger better and badder pet i mean if players dont want to there pets to get bigger they shold be able to prevent it. But i think every ten lvls your pet should be able to get bigger butthe owners of the pets can prevent them from getting bigger but i am tierd of my dragon being so dang small

yes

no

chose your answer and remember who wouldent want there pet to get bigger

Champion
Jan 27, 2009
Proman1355 wrote:
Well i know what all of you guys mean, but one time i actually SAW a huge pet. I dont know if it was just me who saw a myth person in the basilica with a GIANT orthrus that followed him around and went ON TOP of him( it also had a name. i told my friend to port,but he left just as my friend ported.

ok just to clear this up there is a bug that makes pets really big and it is random it just sometimes happens it has happened to my stormzilla pet before several times.

Defender
May 08, 2009
Proman1355 wrote:

I saw someone with a huge firecat named rascal during a battle.This is just a graphics glitch.(This also happens with names.Just look at Su Lee at the mooshu spiral gate.) 8)

Survivor
Jun 27, 2009
Defender
Mar 08, 2009
Blaze520 wrote:
I think that if a Life student is learning the Centaur spell, a Centaur appears in the middle of Olde Town.

Summoning things only happens in School-Only quests. Centaur is available at Moolinda Wu anytime so there is no quest

Survivor
Oct 02, 2008
Well i know that because i am life and high lvl i have seen the centaur appear with MY OWN eyes. the guy looked like he was high. (high lvl i mean not what you think lol) So this either means ki removed it or i have to be a higher lvl. DYLAN RAVENSWORD LVL 46 MASTER OF LIFE

Survivor
Jun 06, 2009
once i saw a guy in the lobby of the arena who had a stormzilla pet that was a lot bigger than he was so i think that person with the heckhound probely did the same glitch that that guy did

Survivor
May 20, 2009
yea that cool i have called manny ice creatures ive called a evil snowman frost giant ice weran and more!

Defender
Mar 08, 2009
xxICEMASTERxx wrote:
Well i know that because i am life and high lvl i have seen the centaur appear with MY OWN eyes. the guy looked like he was high. (high lvl i mean not what you think lol) So this either means ki removed it or i have to be a higher lvl. DYLAN RAVENSWORD LVL 46 MASTER OF LIFE

It was probably not to get the spell centaur though. The summoned things can be of different schools. Like on my balance guy to get my level 12 spell ( I think ). A dryad came out of triton avenue even though they aren't balance.

Survivor
Aug 30, 2008
Proman1355 wrote:
xxICEMASTERxx wrote:

It was probably not to get the spell centaur though. The summoned things can be of different schools. Like on my balance guy to get my level 12 spell ( I think ). A dryad came out of triton avenue even though they aren't balance.
actually it is from a life quest. its from the quest to get rebirth! :D though its a pain to get... eh grandmaster life sestiva frostblood