Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Parental Password for Deleting Characters

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 26, 2008
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE...

I have 3 kids that play this game- 2 are under 10. When they get in one of their dopey arguments, they threaten and have deleted characters off the game that we cannot get back. PLEASE! Upon hitting the delete button-HAVE THE PARENTAL CONTROL PASSWORD BE NEEDED. I can't tell you how many high level characters have been deletedin my house due to sibling rivalry!

ALL IN FAVOR!

Tiffany Lifeweaver
Master Theurgist Level 46, mom of 3!

Explorer
Jan 29, 2009
I actually disagree with this. I can understand a confirm to delete but not a parental password.

If these kids are causing that much trouble for each other, maybe they need to be locked out of the computer for a while if they pull these stunts.

As a parent myself, if my kids did that, I'd tell them to go nuts if that's what they want to do but if it got out of hand, I'd just block the website to prevent them from getting into it.

Survivor
Dec 22, 2008
I agree to this and I had suggested this awhile back. I have three kids in my household as well. Twice they have deleted high level characters while playing. Not because of fighting, just because they didn't know any better. They are old enough to play, but they have special-needs, Autism. Believe it or not, this game does help them with their social skills and we all can play together as a family. A simple parental password is in order.

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
It would be good to also remind children that it isn't good to give any passwords to siblings for their personal accounts. By keeping the separate accounts without a common password, this shouldn't be a major problem.

Mastermind
Jun 23, 2009
huh well that's no good. i always hate sibling fights, why can't they get along? i love my brother and we always help each other rather than wasting time fighting. i agree with this, but make it optional.