Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

We're all friends on menu chat?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Feb 11, 2009
I understand the need for menu chat. I also understand why it is as limited as it is, but we need to be able to express displeasure with someone other than saying "no". Example; I had balefrost running in a solo street fight and a menu chatter came up joined the fight and proceeded to launch wildfire (i think its called). My only recoursed was to either say "no" or "thanks" to which he said your welcome, probably assuming, thanks for helping me in this fight instead of thanks for nerfing my spell. We dont always get along, we dont always do the right thing and in real life kids get called on it. I'm not suggesting we add "hey dill weed you killed my spell", but there needs to be a way to express yourself when things happen.

Survivor
Jul 06, 2009
I agree. I had a menu chatter ask to be my friend, I like to help others, said yes. He proceeded to port to me every five seconds and cause all sorts of problems. I wanted to try to explain (to this probably small kid) that he was causing problems and please stop. There were no adequate choices. My son finally said, "Do 'No' and 'Teleport to Me' " maybe he'll get it. He did not, unfortunately, I had to unfriend him.

It would have been nice to say, "Please don't teleport to me now." And, as you said, maybe something in battle like, "Please choose another spell." or "Please don't play my traps."

Survivor
Jun 07, 2009
I don't understand why "Menu Chatters" are not allowed to read only text chat. I have menu chatter friend who pops in and throws myth prisms (or what ever they are called) on storm monsters and give me myth wards even though I don't have myth spells. I just want to tell her to stop it to help her, but I can't.

I too have had the newb friend popping in on me every 10 seconds in Dragonspyre. Good times....

Explorer
Feb 16, 2009
Menu chats is basically used for Children under 13 who there parent will not let them use text. KI had to make it as friendly as possible, though i think KI can give us a bit more things to say i agree it is very safe and all Parents are happy with the choices KI has made with there menu chat.

- Jasmine BlueGem Lvl 45 Thaumaturge
The Purifier