Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Smogger is holding out on me!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 27, 2009
I have been marathon fighting Smogger in Marleybone trying to get him to drop a faerie queen pet/card. My roommate has gotten 4 of them. Thats right 4 faerie queen pet drops and I have not got one yet. I am so frustrated and confused. Why is he not giving one up for this wizard? I would have to say I am up to over 10 times fighting him and all I am getting is the same robe and hat...oh did get a propeller whoopie! This seems like a bug or some messed up logic in programming. You cant trade or buy one of these pets and I really want one to finish out my power set. Healing is the one thing i am shy on. Anyone else have this issue and should I bring it up to support?

Defender
May 28, 2009
Ten times fighting the same boss is hardly "Marathon Fighting". I have heard of people fighting the same boss 50+ times to get an item before. The point is that these drops are rare. There is a low percentage chance to get them. All percentages are based on 100. So if this fairy you speak of has a 2% chance to drop then you will have to expect that you will need to fight that boss at least 50 times in order to get the item you seek. It is unfortunate for you that your friend has had better luck. Perhaps you should go alone or simply accept the fact that everyone receives the drops that they receive and that you will just have to continue until you get what you want or give up.

Defender
May 29, 2009

I share your pain (somewhat, I actually did get the fairy pet from Smogger -- just lucky). Drops are just random. I farmed one of the O'leary bosses for days (literally 25-30 battles) trying to get his staff and never did. My son however, joined me for a handful of battles, and got it. Just the way it works.

Good thing now is that you can sell all the unwanted drops at the bazaar and get a decent amount of gold so it's not all in vain. Good Luck.

WinElf wrote:
I have been marathon fighting Smogger in Marleybone trying to get him to drop a faerie queen pet/card. My roommate has gotten 4 of them. Thats right 4 faerie queen pet drops and I have not got one yet. I am so frustrated and confused. Why is he not giving one up for this wizard? I would have to say I am up to over 10 times fighting him and all I am getting is the same robe and hat...oh did get a propeller whoopie! This seems like a bug or some messed up logic in programming. You cant trade or buy one of these pets and I really want one to finish out my power set. Healing is the one thing i am shy on. Anyone else have this issue and should I bring it up to support?

Survivor
May 27, 2009
WinElf wrote:

Thanks for the replies. I understand about rarity and its just rather comical at this point, now my friend just got another pixie queen from fighting him and I got the same robe so its not so much about rarity in this case. It just seems kind of ridiculous probably just as ridiculous as me complaining about it but it is what it is.
I have fought him alone and with my friend with same results. I call it a marathon because its not just getting to the door and fighting him, you have to fight 2 bosses and fight your way through streets of clockwork running in every direction before even getting to him. Think I will just give it a rest for a day or two.

Mastermind
Jun 23, 2009
10 times? i had to slash lord nightshade 200 times before he gave up his dark fairy!!! 10 times is absolutely nothing, try killing alicane swiftarrow like 300 times then say fighting smogger 10 times is hard. although he is in the famous super hard katzenstein's lab, all you have to do is set a marker at his location. then keep teleporting and fighting him, you wouldn't have to do the entire lab.

pet drops are supposed to be rare, that's why i collect pets. its fun to have a challenge. i have to say that the pixie queen is SOOOO worth it. it gives you a very good healing card that is technically life school only. you can heal others with it, while the regular pixie card can not.

Defender
Dec 14, 2008
Otys wrote:
10 times? i had to slash lord nightshade 200 times before he gave up his dark fairy!!! 10 times is absolutely nothing, try killing alicane swiftarrow like 300 times then say fighting smogger 10 times is hard. although he is in the famous super hard katzenstein's lab, all you have to do is set a marker at his location. then keep teleporting and fighting him, you wouldn't have to do the entire lab.

pet drops are supposed to be rare, that's why i collect pets. its fun to have a challenge. i have to say that the pixie queen is SOOOO worth it. it gives you a very good healing card that is technically life school only. you can heal others with it, while the regular pixie card can not.

um hate to burst your bubble but doing lord nightshade 200 times is WAY WAY WAY better then doing katz lab like 50 times.... plus if you mark location and then port to your mark he wont respawn....

but smogger is barely the hardest drop the very rarest drop in the game is a mechano-spider......

Survivor
Jan 11, 2009
Ok me and brandon are always looking for bosses with pets. we found lordnight shade (dark fairy) keeper of fang (krokomummy) prince sutten sowkki (ghoul) general akilles (blue ghost) unknown boss in tree of life (green ghost) prince manu nirini (fire slamander) bellows counterweight west (golem) jacques the scatcher (snowman) another tree of life boss (minotaur) smogger (fairy) sprocets (white mouse dude) wavebringer (stormbats) oakheart (treant) grum foultooth (troll) words in red are pets we found and collected. (if words arent in red then dont blame us)
we are hoping to collect them all! :-P