Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Boring repetetive quests...

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 25, 2008
The quests that are based on the actual story of the game are fun and exciting, but then there are the other quests. I need to do these quests because if i dont i wont get to be a grandmaster and the only reason that i bought a year subscription for this game is so i can have lots of fun as a grandmaster, but I feel like i'm forcing myself to do these quests that make me defeat like 10 or 12 of the same monster. Its not very exciting. I just wanted to share that and want to know if i can find a way to make these quests fun and exiting.

Historian
Jun 14, 2009
I feel the same way. Some of the quest feel like I am just going through the motions. There is no challenge there. I understand and appreciate the amount of work that the creators of this game had to do and the reasons behind re working the same creatures, but it would be nice to break it up and have something different thrown in.

Defender
May 28, 2009
That's why they call it the "Grind". You do these extra quests for the XP, nothing more. If you want the XP then do them. If you are just wanting to get to the next world then don't. Both options have advantages. My wife finished every single quest before she would leave an area and was a Grandmaster before she got to Malistaire. I skipped everything unnecessary and stuck to the main story line, but I was a lvl 48 and had "Finished" the game. I ended up having to go back to the previous worlds and search for things that I had missed so that I could pick up the extra XP. This wasn't that difficult at that point because I was such a high level that defeating all those little monsters was easy. Up to you how you want to do it. I will say this about making it easier on yourself, if you can (and you can not always do this) try to stack the extra quests up in a given area. Don't do them all until you are ready to leave that area and then if there are any duplicate requirements you can do them all at the same time. For instance, if you two different people tell you to defeat Fire elementals (one tells you defeat 10 and the other tells you collect 6 eternal flames for them (just an example)) then you can defeat the 10 and you will probably be able to turn in BOTH quests at the same time. Like I said it does not ALWAYS work and its not ALWAYS possible but it is worth a shot.

Defender
May 29, 2009

I agree, some quests are a grind. Two things you can try that I do:

- recruit a lower lower player to help. It'll be fun for him/her especially in a world they don't have access to. If you get three players you'll draw a mob of four and have to fight fewer battles.

- change up your battle tactics just for fun. As fire, I did a few where I launched nothing but fire elf, link, and heck hounds (all DoT spells) just to see. It was actually kinda fun to see how much damage you can do with a bunch of lower level spells.

Sharp175 wrote:
The quests that are based on the actual story of the game are fun and exciting, but then there are the other quests. I need to do these quests because if i dont i wont get to be a grandmaster and the only reason that i bought a year subscription for this game is so i can have lots of fun as a grandmaster, but I feel like i'm forcing myself to do these quests that make me defeat like 10 or 12 of the same monster. Its not very exciting. I just wanted to share that and want to know if i can find a way to make these quests fun and exiting.

Defender
Dec 23, 2008
Keep in mind that the developers pretty much expect you to team up. Therefore, if you're asked to defeat 10 or so enemies, a team of 4 could knock that out in just 3-4 battles.

If you're like me, and tend to solo a lot .... well, then it's going to take a little longer.

Oh -- and if you think it's repetitive and "grindy" now, just wait till you get to Marleybone.

Mastermind
Jun 23, 2009
krokotopia is just a grindfest, and so far, so is mooshu. i had to kill like 12 sanzoku bandits just so i could get the families food back. i only needed to kill 6.

marleybone doesn't really have a lot of those quests, they only have like a handful, and i think only like 3 are required in the main storyline.

Survivor
May 17, 2009
one way I get through doing these quests is that you get some friends to help you ( maybe four) and then somehow when this happens a conversation breaks out and you don't even care about the quest being boring for some reason :? that helps me! I hope it helps you

Scarecrows and Wraiths

Survivor
Jan 14, 2009