Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New Menu Chat Phrases

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 09, 2008
The following would be useful, especially for PvP:

"I can heal you"
"Don't flee"

Explorer
Jan 07, 2009
I agree, my brother uses Menu Chat and can't find what he wants to say, so he has players bugging him all the time lol.

Some good ideas:

"Don't use my traps"
"Please attack that guy instead of the other one"
"I call the Sword/Gem/Etc. monster"
"I can heal you"
"I can buff you"
"I'll finish that guy off"
"Don't jump into my fight, please"
"Don't jump into my fight, then use up my traps, then heal me when I have full health, then buff yourself when he hits me with an extremely strong spell and I need it more, then pass every time in a fight, then be AFK for no good reason so I have to wait the full 30 seconds, AND PLEASE! DON'T DO THIS, OR THAT, OR THAT THING, OR THIS THING, AND DON'T USE THAT SPELL, AND ESPECIALLY DON'T FLEE WHEN I'M GONNA HEAL YOU, SO I WASTE ABOUT THREE PIPS, BECAUSE PIPS ARE PRECIOUS, DUH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

And the last one is not even half my irritation of Menu Chat players. :|

Defender
May 28, 2009
Survivor
Mar 09, 2009
Survivor
Jul 06, 2009
How about stop teleporting to me ever five second or I'm going to unfriend you?

LOL, I am kind, and as an adult, I will frequently befriend lower players (though I try not to go lower than 10 levels below me) to help them. One time, I friended this guy and he proceeded to port to me every five seconds and flee every time he saw me in a battle with a big boss that freaked him out. I would have liked something to tell the kid to lay off. I eventually had to unfriend him.

Realistically, how about, "Please stop teleporting to me." or "I would like to be left alone."

Survivor
Mar 09, 2009
Also, I'd like the phrase: "Thanks for asking." :)

This would be for people asking if they could join your battle ... I don't like it when people just join a battle. :(

Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
swtogirl wrote:
How about stop teleporting to me ever five second or I'm going to unfriend you?

LOL, I am kind, and as an adult, I will frequently befriend lower players (though I try not to go lower than 10 levels below me) to help them. One time, I friended this guy and he proceeded to port to me every five seconds and flee every time he saw me in a battle with a big boss that freaked him out. I would have liked something to tell the kid to lay off. I eventually had to unfriend him.

Realistically, how about, "Please stop teleporting to me." or "I would like to be left alone."

You know to stop that, just go to privacy options and click no for FRIEND TELEPORTS. When someone trys, it says: Your friend does not want to be disturbed right now. I find that helpful sometimes.

Survivor
Mar 20, 2009
for the battle orders they should make one that says this:

"(name of person), Use (school, type) on all enemies."

for battle:

"I am running out of cards!"

And also for battle i was thinking something like this; replace the "I got the Boss" and "Ok you get the boss" and put them in a category called 'I/You got the...', then there would be two more drop menus saying "I" and "You", and then the I dropdown menu would include:

".. Got (symbol of foe, and foes name)"

The "You" would just be:

"...Get the Boss"

Survivor
Oct 10, 2008
Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
This would be helpful:

"stop asking me to help you cause you have to do that quest by your self and stop saying 'teleport to me' because i obviously CANT teleport to you!"

That would be useful....

Survivor
Nov 25, 2008
This one has killed me (For arena)
"YOU DONT NEED MANA"

Then the new little "strategy" options were good but then when you actually need them they aren't there??? What's up with that?

Other ideas......
-(for malistaire) "Bait"
-"Don't join the battle, I will port"
-"Walk around the battle"

Survivor
May 25, 2009
HERE'S A FEW MORE:
1) Your're Welcome
2) Ask before your port
(or even better)
3) Ask before you port, and wait for my reply!
4) I DON'T NEED HELP!
5) Please don't port me into battle
6) Are you in battle?
7) What element are you fighting?
(This would require that the person replying be able to state what
element the bad guys are like, fire or myth.)

I would be much more likely to befriend and help younger players with Menu Chat if they or I had the ability to say Number 2-7. Otherwise you get the porting frenzy spoken of above. They don't understand that when you are in a street boss battle with several Level 8 to face and are down to the end with low health and a killing spell coming and they draw another Level 8 into the battle and the mad porter has 753 life and is gone with 1 hit or even worse just fled the battle, I am left to finish off the boss and the new fresh bad guy that was drawn in. This scenerio has killed me several times. Any new people reading this, please understand, when your Menu Chat is begging me to "Please be my friend", and I am saying, "Sorry, I can't" Well this is why I can't.
Elizabeth Dreamweaver
Grandmaster Sorcerer

Survivor
Sep 25, 2009
I would also like to see the Closed chat options to include more phrases to help friendly communication between players that don't have the open chat option. While I have open chat and can communicate freely I find making friends with those who do not have it a very big challenge because the limits make it difficult to really be fun and friendly enough to communicate with them. I played another game with a similar chat system but allowed you to expand your phrases by purchasing new ones even holiday oriented ones such as "Boo!" for Halloween.

Explorer
Aug 18, 2009
i dont use menu chat, i turned it on a couple times just so i got an understanding of the frustration that menu users have,

the one i would like to see added is
"sorry, i'm having trouble finding a way to say what i want"

Survivor
Dec 06, 2009
Some phrases to help better comunicate a player's access to the game.
"Are you a member?"
"Are you going to be a member soon?"
resposes:
"No,I'm not a member."
"No,I'm not a member yet."
These phrarses can be quite useful when talking to a menu chat player in a way of avoiding any confusion or upsets. Sometimes saying "I don't have acsess to that location." isn't good enough. I had a friend once with menu chat once who was unsatisfied with that explanation. (This was back then when I didn't have subscription). I tried to look for a phrase similar to my sugestions but none came up :(

Explorer
Jun 11, 2009
Resetti123 wrote:
I agree, my brother uses Menu Chat and can't find what he wants to say, so he has players bugging him all the time lol.

Some good ideas:

"Don't use my traps"
"Please attack that guy instead of the other one"
"I call the Sword/Gem/Etc. monster"
"I can heal you"
"I can buff you"
"I'll finish that guy off"
"Don't jump into my fight, please"
"Don't jump into my fight, then use up my traps, then heal me when I have full health, then buff yourself when he hits me with an extremely strong spell and I need it more, then pass every time in a fight, then be AFK for no good reason so I have to wait the full 30 seconds, AND PLEASE! DON'T DO THIS, OR THAT, OR THAT THING, OR THIS THING, AND DON'T USE THAT SPELL, AND ESPECIALLY DON'T FLEE WHEN I'M GONNA HEAL YOU, SO I WASTE ABOUT THREE PIPS, BECAUSE PIPS ARE PRECIOUS, DUH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

And the last one is not even half my irritation of Menu Chat players. :|
I have problems with is guy who ports to me a lot. But he a lot of times helps me fight the enemy he pulls in.

Survivor
Jun 08, 2009
For those who port into a battle and immediately announce "I NEED MANA", there should be a response of "WELL, GO DRINK A POTION AND THEN COME BACK!" or "DON"T JOIN IN WITHOUT BEING FULLY CHARGED UP AND READY TO FIGHT"
It may actually save a lot of headaches if wizards are simply not allowed to teleport if not fully charged up, and not allowed to flee unless at zero health points. Also if monsters changed targets more frequently, then unwelcome newcomers would be forced to fight rather than sit on thier hands while thier "friend" does all the work and takes all the damage.

Historian
May 15, 2009
i have a few new taunts

"Face my wrath!"
"see ya later!"
"i wish this had been more fun"
"BORING!"
"Boo!"
"Divine wrath!"

some out of battle
"please leave me be"
"dont port to me"

Defender
Jun 04, 2009
I am not sure if these were repeated, but, oh well! Ideas:

"Don't say that to me."
"Why would you abandon me in battle for no reason?"
"Of course! Yes! Yeah!"
"Do you like my house? Yes or yes? LOL!"
"That is personal information. Do not ask me that."
"Shh! We need to be quiet."
"Don't make fun of me."
"Hey! Wazzup?"
"Cannot beleive you just said that! You better NOT be lying to me."
Battle ones:
"I can't answer that with these choices in my battle menu chat."
"No! Don't use that spell! DO NOT!!!"
"Sorry. I swear, this is really important. I gotta flee."
"Oh, HAHAHA! You are killin' me! LOL!!"
"I am dying! I'll flee and teleport back as quick as I can."
"Please heal me! I have a really powerful spell I wanna use, but I only have _____ health left."
"I can't heal you. I am so so so sorry. But, I'll try to kill the bosses best as I can."

Hannah D. 43 Fire

Survivor
Sep 12, 2009
This one was my favorite from your list:

"Why would you abandon me in battle for no reason?"

And we need to add...

"Don't start this unless you intend to stay the ENTIRE time."
"No quitters allowed."
"No traps"
"No multiple-hit spells - focus on one at a time, save the boss for last"
"Do NOT hit the Boss yet"
"Don't heal - it will backfire on us"
"Don't move"
"Please don't tell me which cards to throw"

Taylor Dawnriver
Grandmaster Theurgist

Delver
Jun 30, 2009
Most of these have been added. So, I'd say something like.
"I need a Blade."
"Can you please shield me?"
"Nice Spell!"
"Don't leave."
"Please, leave my house."
"Don't say that, that's not nice."