Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

which school would you choose

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Mar 14, 2009
which school would you choose

storm is for great attacks
ice is for great health
fire is like ice and storm combined
death is for attacking and healing at same time
myth is for summoning minions to assist you in battle
life is for being able to heal other players or your self

Survivor
Oct 10, 2008
Fire is not like Ice and Storm combined :x ! Ice is (in my opinion) the worst school. Sure, they have lots of health, but the spells are about half as powerful as, well, spells from any school other than Ice. Sure, Storm has powerful spells, but they usually fizzle, and, hey! If they don't, it's called shields! Storm wizards have such low health that they can usually be killed by a Helephant with no blades or traps!
Storm and Ice both stink, but I guess Ice is better by a fraction of a bit. Basically, I would choose Fire!!! 8)

-Elizabeth IceBlossom, level 50 Pyromancer and pyromaniac

Defender
May 29, 2009

It's not the school, it's the player. I think you've roughly identified the unique nature of the schools. Although I would say fire is better described as:

- good damage with decent accuracy. Great damage over time spells.

Just decide what style of play suits you best and go with that. There are grandmasters of all schools so obviously any type can be successful. There is no best or worst school.

Tristan Moonweaver
Grandmaster Pyromancer

Survivor
Jun 27, 2009
SushiMiso2 wrote:
Fire is not like Ice and Storm combined :x ! Ice is (in my opinion) the worst school. Sure, they have lots of health, but the spells are about half as powerful as, well, spells from any school other than Ice. Sure, Storm has powerful spells, but they usually fizzle, and, hey! If they don't, it's called shields! Storm wizards have such low health that they can usually be killed by a Helephant with no blades or traps!
Storm and Ice both stink, but I guess Ice is better by a fraction of a bit. Basically, I would choose Fire!!! 8)

My first was death/life and after awhile I figured out I could win battles, but it took forever. My second? Ice and storm. With Ice I get all the shields (tower + fire/storm), then I get the attack power of storm. Since I have good defense plus high health I can afford the fizzles to do the good damage. They may both be bad by themselves but combined it makes a great wizard, at least for me.

Defender
Mar 08, 2009
Ice you say ice is bad? No way even though i am not ice i have a balance pvp character who is a warlord but still often gets beaten by ice They get tower shields and ice armor( probably some of the best defenses ). They also get the best traps and blades and Balefrost is the best Global spell. Storm's triton is the strongest spell to one person. ( besides wild bolt )and Storm lord? ( is in my opinion one of the BEST spells ever). As for the worst class? there's not really a worse class but myth is sort of hmm idk. Orthrus does basically as much damage as storm lord but its only to one guy and well it doesnt stun ( But it gets past shields!)

Explorer
Dec 20, 2008
carterma wrote:

It's not the school, it's the player. I think you've roughly identified the unique nature of the schools. Although I would say fire is better described as:

- good damage with decent accuracy. Great damage over time spells.

Just decide what style of play suits you best and go with that. There are grandmasters of all schools so obviously any type can be successful. There is no best or worst school.

Tristan Moonweaver
Grandmaster Pyromancer
Exactly. Adapt your wizard to fit your play style. There really is no best school. Players make the difference.
Thanks, Kieran Dragonflame Lvl 49 Theurgist

Hero
May 19, 2009
Ice has the best health and the best defence and it doesnt have the weakest attacks the weakest attacks are from the school of life. I for one think that fire is the lamest and most annoying school in the game, that is why i had to leave fire out when i created my six characters

"the best offence is a great defence" so that proves ice is better then fire :P

ps. fire dragon is a lame and dumb looking spell, why is it that only the dragon titan looks like a dragon? the others look half chicken

Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
ok your sooo leaving balance out of this! Balance is totally the BEST SCHOOL EVER!! Well, in my opinon(ok i hope i didnt spell that wrong!).

Survivor
Oct 01, 2009
SushiMiso2 wrote:

Hey you dont need to get mad what he means is that fire is in the middle, yea fire dont have that much health but it is higher than storm and yea its not powerful as storm but it is more powerful than ice and i would choose ice because yea it is not that strong and not powerful but we can use stun and tower shields to beat them and then attack

Daniel FrostGlade lvl 48 Ice Wizard