Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Balance treated unfair!

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
sparky1233334444 wrote:
i agree a little bit feint should be in balance and tower shield should also
Um NO I am a BIG spirit fan i have a life and death wizard and death is weakest cause its max attack is 510 naturally ice's is 540 life's is 595 without feint death truly will be the weakest and feint is OURS.!

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
mylenefrompanama wrote:
dudegorgon2 wrote:
balance is definitely treated worse then the other schools. We don't have a school banner in the libraries, we don't get a school tower, and we don't even get to see are school or the rest of are spells till were in KT.

Mason Ironhorn lv.22 sorcerer
I think that balance is treated fine.I think all the towers are useless and you get some awesome spells.Death is the one that is mistreated.Everybody thinks that us death wizards are evil.we are not.just because our teach is evil it does not mean that we are.and we are not all goth and love black and stuff, we just got chosen in the special school of death.I say that balance is exagerating and that Death is being treated bad.we should stand up and fight.by the way balance is my second school.it is awesome.

Mary Dreamshade Magus Death wizard level thirty three
yes I agree I have a life and death wizard and I think there should be another school that is life death and myth called................... CHAOS!

Survivor
Mar 08, 2009
dudegorgon2 wrote:
balance is definitely treated worse then the other schools. We don't have a school banner in the libraries, we don't get a school tower, and we don't even get to see are school or the rest of are spells till were in KT.

None of the things you pointed out actually affects you in the game.
Not having a school banner does nothing to your wizard or their spells.
Same with the tower, just use a different one if you want to "party"
And it doesn't really matter that you can't see your school since your not even a high enough level to get any of the spells there unless your in Krok.

Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
bravevline wrote:
sparky1233334444 wrote:
Um NO I am a BIG spirit fan i have a life and death wizard and death is weakest cause its max attack is 510 naturally ice's is 540 life's is 595 without feint death truly will be the weakest and feint is OURS.!

You do know that balance COULD get feint and tower, my main level 48 balance wiz is half death with a third school of ice. So i have judgement, feint, and tower shield so balance for me practically rulez.

-Justin SilverDust Balance/Death/Ice

Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
Brandy89815 wrote:
Plus every school had many disvantages.
Take my element storm for example.
We are pretty strong correct?
We seem unstopable right?.
WRONG
We are the kings and queens of fizzling
Not to mention our minion is pretty useless.
And we don't have alot of heath either
I am level 22 with about 860max hp.
My secondary school, life has disadvantages aswell.
The healers are the first to get attacked in pvp
And the normal attacks pretty much don't do much.

Dude, anyone can have low life. You dont just magically have a ton of life. You need rings, those athemes or whatever they are called, and robes,hats, and shoes with life. Thats ur problem if ur not wearing them, not storm student's. I'm not trying to be rude, just saying....

Kestrel Ghostwalker~ lvl 50 Grandmaster sorcerer

Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
sparky1233334444 wrote:

No, actually, that would just make balance too much of a threat. It is already powerful enough without the work of feint and tower shield, so that would give it too much power. Feint and tower shield couldnt be automaticly put in the balance school's spells pile, you have to work for them. and i am not saying that i dont want feint for myself, but i'm just trying to be fair.

Survivor
Apr 18, 2009
Balance is not treated unfairly. We sorcerers may not be as offensively powerful as other schools but we are very versatile. Remember, Balance is not as old as the other schools and was created as a harmonic blend by the Order of the Fang.

The only gripe I have about Balance is that I believe we are the only school who should be allowed to use the title 'Order of the Fang' above our heads since it truly belongs to us.

~ Ian Mistweaver 8)
Lev 31 Sorcerer
Order of the Fang

Survivor
Feb 08, 2009
Wow I'm the one who made this post and I'm surprised anyone even looked at it. But after looking at it agree that balance isn't as bad as I used to think. But that may just be because I'm in mooshu and i have Judgement ! Oh and i totally agree with the idea of Chaos. Also i think part of it was that I was in marlybone and when i was there i hated everything.

Level 36 sorcerer,
Mason ironhorn

P.S. i have storm as a secound school and with my blades i can blow anyone away with a charged up kraken.

Explorer
Apr 04, 2010
Ok, i think Fient should STAY IN DEATH but tower shield maybe be put in Balance. Plz ppl dont yell at me, i just trying to give ideas

And a Balance tower whould be nice :D

Thnx for listening all And KI!!!

8) Luke SkyWalker GrandMaster Sorcerer 8)

Defender
Jun 30, 2009
to me as a pyromancer (fire) i addmire the power of balance cause every time a face one in pvp i always lose no matter what cause i got no resist to them and there no shield so it a pretty cool school then to me would be fire and then storm then like life and myth on same lvl and death and ice last

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
balance should not be given feint or tower shields, and with all the item and pet cards it already has way too many balance blades available to it

on the other hand, storm school could be strengthened a bit and have earthquake moved over to it

Survivor
Jun 17, 2010
OK this is the first time Iv'e posted on these board things, so I dont excactly know how to repley to a certain persons comment BUT I AM GOING TO ANYWAYS!!!!! some guy said death is the weakest. BUTeven thought the highest death speel is 20 damage weaker than ice and 95 weaker that life, ity IS actually a DRAIN!!!! and when you use those sheilds with the swords on them the sheild are stronger (at least i know they are stronger than myth ones) and by the time u have enough pips to cast the spell all the sheild can make the spell a grnd total of almost 3000 AND 8) u get half the health back (also spirit armour doesn't work on drains)

ok balance RULEZ ! you can get realllllly goood armour and that stuff and alll sorts of sheilds so if ur secondary schoool is death or storm u can be a REALLLY powerfull wizard!!! u can solo almost any boss and win the FIRST time! If u were like me at your first day at ravenwood you were running around asking "were is the balance school" (in my case death) which really sux when you find out you dont have a school (at least for now) and then later find out there is one! but u have to be a member to get inu cant even port to a frient in kt if ur not a member. so that sux! and i noticed they dont have banners!!!!! in the library!!!!! not fair

Survivor
Mar 20, 2010
mylenefrompanama wrote:
dudegorgon2 wrote:

I think that balance is treated fine.I think all the towers are useless and you get some awesome spells.Death is the one that is mistreated.Everybody thinks that us death wizards are evil.we are not.just because our teach is evil it does not mean that we are.and we are not all goth and love black and stuff, we just got chosen in the special school of death.I say that balance is exagerating and that Death is being treated bad.we should stand up and fight.by the way balance is my second school.it is awesome.

Mary Dreamshade Magus Death wizard level thirty three

I agree with Mason. I am not a Death Wizard, but it is true that Necromancers are treated badly just because Malistaire use to be their teacher. By the way, in case you havem't noticed, Malorn Ashthorn is one of the coolest guys in the spiral! Besides, Balance has the most powerful spell! It can brake through tower shields!

Defender
Aug 13, 2010
dudegorgon2 wrote:

I actually disagree. Balance gets a whole world dedicated to them in Krokotopia. And it seems to me an almost superior class because of how Harold Argleston describes your early lessons.

Let's not forget that once you progress, you are being taught by the Order of the Fang ;)

Explorer
Jun 11, 2010
I dont think balance is treated unfair. In my house I created a study hall and all of the school banners are hanging on the walls of the room, but I did not buy a balance banner. As a pyromancer I believe that Balance is not a school but an art of magic. No, there are no shields for it, but this form of magic does have very awesome, powerful, and magnificent spells. Sometimes I wish I was half balance. But balance wizards are definately not treated unfair.

- Joshua Dragonbreeze lvl 37
one-fourths myth, half storm and 100% FIRE

Explorer
Jun 11, 2010
balance wizards shouldnt be the only ones allowed to put the order of the fang badge above their heads. Sure, balance was partly created by that but in the game all wizards have to do that quest to move on, which means we get the badge too. I fire and I wear it all the time even though I in mooshu now.
Tvrell wrote:
Balance is not treated unfairly. We sorcerers may not be as offensively powerful as other schools but we are very versatile. Remember, Balance is not as old as the other schools and was created as a harmonic blend by the Order of the Fang.

The only gripe I have about Balance is that I believe we are the only school who should be allowed to use the title 'Order of the Fang' above our heads since it truly belongs to us.

~ Ian Mistweaver 8)
Lev 31 Sorcerer
Order of the Fang

Explorer
Apr 28, 2009
Explorer
Apr 27, 2009

yeah but if a balance wizard isnt a subscriber then they wouldnt get to see the balance school so yes it is. people say like "storm wizards come to the storm party in the storm tower" and balance wizards cant say "balance wizards come to the balance party in the balance tower"
just have it in the world tree but i agree with the no subscribe no balance school thing
PS wizard 101 thats realy meen :x

Explorer
Jul 01, 2009
Well what about the death school, you don't get the rest of the spells until after Lord nightshade. Also, balance gets some really good spells, (and no, I'm not talking about judge, heckhound is stronger.) You got can get spells like Hex, Power Nova, Weakness, even Hydra. The towers are for getting new spells and are not that useful. Balance is treated fairly.

Explorer
Feb 22, 2009
I laughed so hard when i read this. You're not treated "Unfair" just because you don't have a "banner" in the library, heck, you have a whole world practically dedicated to you! I'm sorry if i sound rude but this is true. You have the most powerful spell, judgement, which none but ice could only TRY to shield. So, although you don't get a tower for your school, you get an island and a world dedicated to your school. If you're really going to complain about it then just make a new wizard and do that one first, and then do balance, you'll realize then how lucky you are

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
IamLezul wrote:
Balance is sooooo not unfair. If you do remember on lvl 2, Professer Wethersfield says "balance is more powerful than the other schools and harder to master, but with balance you can do great things." So balance being the "most powerful school" means its going to have some disadvantages. But i see what you mean.

GO BALANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kestrel Ghostwalker~lvl 42 Master sorcerer :D
Everyone boasts on their school go read the books in ice fire and storm schools it makes no since cause they are all saying they are the best

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
I know! It's ironic, because Balance is the school that's treated so unfairly. What also annoys me is the fact that the colors for the balance School are tan and maroon; however, the closest you can get is brown and red (in that order, they simulate colors close to tan and maroon).

Tristan Lionheart, Grandmaster Sorcerer (Lvl. 50)

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
RickyZac wrote:
I laughed so hard when i read this. You're not treated "Unfair" just because you don't have a "banner" in the library, heck, you have a whole world practically dedicated to you! I'm sorry if i sound rude but this is true. You have the most powerful spell, judgement, which none but ice could only TRY to shield. So, although you don't get a tower for your school, you get an island and a world dedicated to your school. If you're really going to complain about it then just make a new wizard and do that one first, and then do balance, you'll realize then how lucky you are

It is unfair because it seems like the producers just threw Balance in and didn't really care where it went. It obviously matters to us that we have no banner, no tower, and no available colors. If you're talking about Krokotopia, no offense but that's silly. If anything, Krokotopia is an elemental world (fire, ice, and storm). The Balance school is just located there because Balance magic originated there. However, most of Krokotopia's story references the elemental schools. By the way, I've played as a theurgist and a diviner. The game was definitely easier.

Tristan Lionheart; Grandmaster Sorcerer (Lvl. 50)

Explorer
Apr 28, 2009
RickyZac wrote:
this is what he talking about everyone thinks balance is blade and judgement it not we dont use that all the time we use sand storm nova hydra blast and reshuffle plz just see that before you start saying balance is given everything we dont judgement just a spell my STORM beats balance and so does my DEATH. cant you see this is JUST WHAT HE SAYING!

Explorer
Nov 17, 2009
IamLezul wrote:
Brandy89815 wrote:
Plus every school had many disvantages.
Take my element storm for example.
We are pretty strong correct?
We seem unstopable right?.
WRONG
We are the kings and queens of fizzling
Not to mention our minion is pretty useless.
And we don't have alot of heath either
I am level 22 with about 860max hp.
My secondary school, life has disadvantages aswell.
The healers are the first to get attacked in pvp
And the normal attacks pretty much don't do much.

Dude, anyone can have low life. You dont just magically have a ton of life. You need rings, those athemes or whatever they are called, and robes,hats, and shoes with life. Thats ur problem if ur not wearing them, not storm student's. I'm not trying to be rude, just saying....

Kestrel Ghostwalker~ lvl 50 Grandmaster sorcerer

actually, storm students one: naturally have lower health when you start, and two, all the stuff that boosts your health give smaller boosts than the other schools