Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New Schools included with the POSSIBLE new World o

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 06, 2009
I think the idea of a new school is pretty awesome a few spells could be

Matter Colapse- Sattalites stars and other stuff flies at the opponent causing about 1000-1200 costing 6 pips

Moon Blade- Boost all space spells by 40%

Star Cutter- Stars fly at all the opponents causing about 450-560 costing 4 pips

The final spell could be something like
Astroid Rain- The astroid belt comes down hitting all the opponents doing 1500-1670 to all MAJOR DAMAGE!!!!!!!!!
plz comment

Dylan Stormcaster lvl. 50 Pyromancer and Kane Jadebreaker lvl 41 Diviner
THNX!

Defender
Sep 20, 2008
GamerTiara wrote:
Ugh! NO MORE NEW SCHOOL TALK! I think there shouldn't be one cause who needs the school? Like death life and myth need each other to live and fire ice and storm need each other to live. Balance needs all of them. Also I think that a new school would just be a problem cause I spent my training points already and I don't want to pay to get them back for this new school! These school we have are elemental and spirit schools. This school doesn't belong in any group. :? I hate Grizzleheim too! Grandmasters cant go above 50 so who cares about another world? :?

Sounds like someone got up on the wrong side of the bed this morning. Please be nice on the forums. I think that its a very good idea and your just mad because your stuck on a part in the game. If you don't be polite then everyone will shun you.(believe me it HAS happened.) AS for some ideas how about starbolt which would be the zero pip move and maybe cosmic blast which would be the 4 pip one.

Defender
Aug 02, 2008
A New View on Celestia,

There be but one new School but its a school of a way different sort.
The Celestia School is for all who can master the 'Essance' the 'Power'
of all your previous schools to be combined and enhanced with in you!

This will bring in 1 new multi stat (and also different for each of the existing 7 schools, respectivly) Chakra levels or soul strength levels or
Spirit sustaining levels. which encrease greatly the damage and healing of
your spell cards. Chakra also provides you with your aura, which will be visable while your in the new hard to reach world. once there your aura will be your 'shield' the color of it reflects your 3 schools and provide your with air to breath!!!

Everyone will need to get their Soul strength levels conditioned for the (many) attempts you will make trying to get there. Failed attempts
will only put you back at the commons area with no mana. same as getting killed.
The Journey to Celestia starts out as you walk through a cloud fog bank energing into a Maze of Celestia proportions! a real maze like cave wormhole like rounded side walls half catacomb celestia ET built like and the other half like living rock oganic strange tiny plants moving to the air currents of the long stale unmoving air, made passing by them on our journey but be aware! the tiny plants emitted a bunch of spores sparkly and give off light (clue) but also signal near by monsters as well!

Stops suddenly and gallops away on a brown horse mount yelling,
Malistaaaaaa.....

Survivor
Jun 22, 2009
zackza10 wrote:
everybody stop thinking this way!!!!!!!!!!! if you have already spent lots of time and training points in other ways why dont you just think of how to make your own school new spells like what should come after ice colossus exactly
has anyone listened to me?!?

Survivor
May 03, 2009
REALLY A NEW WORLD wow and a new school thats pretty cool astronomers doesnt that have to do with stars ir something well where would the school be though its tricky to add new stuff after it was already created. colin moonhead-master thaumaturge(ice)
funny980 wrote:
Well, of course the Level Cap would have to be raised and their would have to be new ways to learn Training Points...

But, I think that maybe three new schools would be a great idea for that 'possible' World.

The Magic of these Schools would be mostly influenced with "Space".

The First School: School Of Stars
Users of this Magic: Astronomers?
Spells:
*Star Flash-The "floor" of the dueling arena would become black. You could start to see stars 'twinkle' in this dark area. There would be a sudden 'flash' of light that hit all enemies at once instead of different times.
*Spirals Comet-A large ball of silver light swirls around the duel board. Then suddenly it would hit the selected opponet. Leaving 'sparkles' illuminiating around him stunning the opponet for a round.
*The Spirals' Revenge-The 'Spiral' floats out from the floor of the duel board. Then it would turn gold and a flash of golden light it would hit the selected enemy. Leaving the Worlds of the Spiral floating around the oppenet stunning drawing both health and mana? from him.

I couldnt really think of ideas for those other two schools. If any of you have any ideas of those schools OR ideas on the School of Stars just post them here.

I will post again if I think of any ideas.

Thanks!
Aaron Firegem-Grandmaster Pyromancer
Seth Drake-Magus Necromancer

Survivor
Dec 10, 2009
StaticFX wrote:
how about 2 new schools.
Earth / Air
then they could balance each other out.

Nice try, but redundant with existing schools.

Earth is Myth : think Earthquake spell
Air is Storm

Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
most of those ideas are way to good it would make the game to easy and would take the fun out of it

Survivor
Aug 28, 2009
excellent ideas! lol i was thinking of like this type of spell:

Name: Strawberry Way ( sorta like milkyway 8) )

Action: first a big milky way type of swirl ( but is made of chocolate)
comes up. then it gets BIGGER and BIGGER and swirls around the enemy like a tornado around the enemy causing 870

School: Ice

Squire
Jun 19, 2009
GamerTiara wrote:
Ugh! NO MORE NEW SCHOOL TALK! I think there shouldn't be one cause who needs the school? Like death life and myth need each other to live and fire ice and storm need each other to live. Balance needs all of them. Also I think that a new school would just be a problem cause I spent my training points already and I don't want to pay to get them back for this new school! These school we have are elemental and spirit schools. This school doesn't belong in any group. :? I hate Grizzleheim too! Grandmasters cant go above 50 so who cares about another world? :?

Dude your making the game stay boring. Come on we need to move on. Make another wizard get training points and do grizzlehiem geez. I think star and moon school would ROCK! But sun is a big ball of fire think we already have a fire school why not add a sun spell to fire?

Explorer
Jul 12, 2009
Instead of school of stars name the school Cosmic

Survivor
Nov 08, 2009
Bambino wrote:
Good idea! I'd learn some of those spells.

Also, a black hole would be fun to watch... >:D
a black hole wold be REALLY fun too watch :D

Survivor
Nov 08, 2009
grizzlydog1 wrote:
Ok, this took me some time to think of.

Moon voretex 80% 300
The moon pops up in the middle of the arena.
The moon takes the opponets health, and gives you part 50% of it.

And what about Starblade?
That could be cool.
+40 to astro atacks
that would be cool... but would about Pluto? Cant forget Pluto!

Survivor
Jan 02, 2009
What about the Darkness school. It seems good and it is overall because in space it is dark.

Defender
Jan 03, 2009
It should be a school anyone can learn from but you need to be in celestia and they start at around lvl 45 requirement and around 6 pips and you continue to get training points every five lvls and zeke quests :D

Explorer
Mar 01, 2009
A lot of these posts are a bit extreme, I mean if you want that high of damage, then the accuracy is going to be 50-60 %. Which if fine because Earth does not get hit too often by space matter anyways (thankfully : ] ).

Lets simplify this whole thought (i have not read every post in this tread):

Instead of a whole new school, why not make it a training point only school where one power pip can still count as 2 pips. For obvious reasons have Gamma be the trainer and give the Fairgrounds trainer a new shield (called "Ozone" that offers protection from these spells. Offer a sale on the cost of crowns to unlearn what we have learned so the wizards feel they can try out the new spells. Finally, create new Briskbreeze tower type dungeons so we can earn a couple more training points. They are hard but so much fun.

Explorer
May 22, 2009
I just wanna know what this Celestia thing is? Could anyone tell me? Thanks!
Christopher Battlehunter, Magus Prymancer

Survivor
Jun 08, 2009
Oran2009 wrote:
StaticFX wrote:
how about 2 new schools.
Earth / Air

Air is Storm

OK so the whole thing is looking at the schools in triangles so 3 schools are needed to balance something so elements are the outer triangle then the spirit schools are inner then the new schools will be stars sun and moon i think thats is what professor Cyrus Drake said when he was explaining why they chose to do grizzleheim instead of celestia

Survivor
Jan 16, 2010
The idea of more schools is aswome because i'm tired of the current schools

Explorer
Dec 13, 2008
megantler wrote:
i have some ideas for spells

eclipse: first you would see the moon covering the sun then it will give all your teamates towershields and all your enemies feints

wrath of the sun: you would see a giant sun then a giant flash of lights hits all enemies it does 900-975 damage

meter belt: you would see small meters circleing the enemy then they all just hit him or her at one time then you see an explosion it does 700 damage

space ship: you would see a space ship that sorounds the enemy then it just flys with them up and crashes then a giant explosion happens it does 1000-1078

Over Powered. The game doesn't need more schools, it would just unbalance everything. The schools have weaknesses and advantages to eachother, if we just throw in a couple of WAY over powered schools, nobody would play the game anymore.

Explorer
Dec 13, 2008
sacrificepheonixwizard wrote:
I think the idea of a new school is pretty awesome a few spells could be

Matter Colapse- Sattalites stars and other stuff flies at the opponent causing about 1000-1200 costing 6 pips

Moon Blade- Boost all space spells by 40%

Star Cutter- Stars fly at all the opponents causing about 450-560 costing 4 pips

Astroid Rain- The astroid belt comes down hitting all the opponents doing 1500-1670 to all MAJOR DAMAGE!!!!!!!!!
plz comment

THNX!

No. Just, No. Way overpowered.

Explorer
Dec 13, 2008
phansern wrote:
Oran2009 wrote:
StaticFX wrote:
how about 2 new schools.
Earth / Air

Air is Storm

OK so the whole thing is looking at the schools in triangles so 3 schools are needed to balance something so elements are the outer triangle then the spirit schools are inner then the new schools will be stars sun and moon i think thats is what professor Cyrus Drake said when he was explaining why they chose to do grizzleheim instead of celestia

One Problem. With two triangles, there were six schools, with three, there are nine. Nine doesn't split evenly, the weaknesses and bonuses are going to all mess up.

Defender
Jan 03, 2009
zackza10 wrote:
zackza10 wrote:
everybody stop thinking this way!!!!!!!!!!! if you have already spent lots of time and training points in other ways why dont you just think of how to make your own school new spells like what should come after ice colossus exactly
has anyone listened to me?!?

You would get more training points if they added another school. btw more of our school spells would be hard cause the most fun would be more powerful spells but the max pips is seven so it wouldn't work to make more in our own school.

Defender
Jan 03, 2009
GamerTiara wrote:

Though you are right a new school would be hard to do but you would get more training points and the lvl cap would be raised.

Explorer
Jun 06, 2009
zackza10 wrote:
everybody stop thinking this way!!!!!!!!!!! if you have already spent lots of time and training points

It's OK to have an open mind.

The training point problem is simple to solve. If KI creates a new school that is interchangeable with the 7 we already have, then all Grand Masters, or anybody who has already spent at least 9 training points or whatever, could be offered a free opportunity to respend those points. Now you don't have to spend crowns, but you have access to the new spells if you want to.

in other ways why dont you just think of how to make your own school new spells like what should come after ice colossus exactly

Because that might be boring. Oh good, more of the same type of spells. I can burn them, singe them, fry them, or scald them. Whoopee.

I frankly hope KI does something different. Picture a new type of spells, bought with a different type of Training Points. Maybe a modified combat system that is much more dangerous. You can accumulate up to 15 mana points, and there are spells that can wipe you out in a single blow -- just like when you were low level.

Maybe you need a new type of deck -- perhaps one that can only be found in GH. (Suddenly GH would have some gear worth fighting for...) The decks allow you to carry a few of the old familiar "Spiral" spells, but the focus is on the Celestia spells. No more hammering the same opponents again and again with the same Scarecrow, Centaur, Dragon spells etc. The decks create a PvP experience that is distinct from the Spiral arenas, and create a natural barrier to the ridiculous "Level 58 versus Level 12" mismatches that might occur when the level cap goes up.

Not only that, but there is finally a reason to keep pushing through -- a reason to finish Dragonspyre. Perhaps you don't get to go past the level cap until you really finish the Great Spyre quest (when you have the quest, and can ride a Drake, not as a visitor). That is when you can start earning more experience and "Level up" to level 51, and discover the portal to Celestia.

Explorer
Jun 06, 2009
Elessar wrote:
sacrificepheonixwizard wrote:

plz comment

THNX!

No. Just, No. Way overpowered.

I agree these would be way overpowered for 6 or 7 standard pips. But if you had a different sort of pips ("celestia pips"), or if the dueling rings allowed 9, 10, 12 or 37 pips, perhaps this sort of damage would be "just right" to make enemies (and PvP parties) powerful enough to challenge level 51-60 wizards -- who have a vast quantities of health, mana, and spells at their disposal, and are currently fairly unstoppable.

A simple idea might be that the Celestia spells only consume power pips, so you have to make a balance between your original spiral spells and your celestia spells. [This also creates an interesting strategic situation where you might want to carry and use your "second" wizard city school spells to consume any quantities of ordinary pips you acquire.]