Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Can you solo Big Ben?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 19, 2008
I am trying to get through Counterweight East at the moment, but wondering, will I be able to solo Big Ben when I get to it? I am not really a group person. Thanks!

Survivor
Mar 04, 2009
skydragon13 wrote:
I am trying to get through Counterweight East at the moment, but wondering, will I be able to solo Big Ben when I get to it? I am not really a group person. Thanks!

yes it is possible to solo big ben its hard to. i would recommend you to do it with a group.

robertcrowgarden

Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
well Big Ben is a huge tower with at three bosses in it and quite a few floors i would advise you take a team i did it with 2 people on my main account and we did fine just take one person who is high level and can go through the place with you because it takes a farily long time to do if you try alone you may end up dying a lot and spending money on potions so i advise you take a team.

Survivor
May 24, 2009

I am currently trying to solo Big Ben, and so far its not that bad, even thought it has over fourteen levels... as long as you DO NOT SPILL THE MILK

When I spilled all three bottles of milk... brrrgh... SPIKE THE CRUSHER!
Rank 7 Boss... 3,700 health... fire.....
It's worth skipping back down to the first story not to fight him... take it from somebody who learned the hard way...

Anyway!
Methinks it's possible.
And good luck with counterweight east! The easy one... until Bellows in counterweight West...
Rip him up for me!
-Khonsu

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
If you really know your spells and combos, as well as what the foes might cast, it is possible. Remember, you can go back to heal at the healing whisps, and if you die, just get back soon and it will not reset.

The tough battle is Spike, but if you watch your health and take out the small guys first it is possible even spilling the milk.

For the battle vs the Big Bad Pussycat, just take out his support and he will whine like a little kitty :)

Survivor
Jun 09, 2009
Khonsu wrote:

I am currently trying to solo Big Ben, and so far its not that bad, even thought it has over fourteen levels... as long as you DO NOT SPILL THE MILK
-Khonsu

But you won't get the badge crusher crusher, right. Or do you? I haven't done this quest yet. I plan to solo it. Just like the counterweights. Bellows was a tough boss, yet I got through with 4-5 tries.
Is Big Ben that hard?

Survivor
Oct 19, 2008

It's worth skipping back down to the first story not to fight him... take it from somebody who learned the hard way...

Anyway!
Methinks it's possible.
And good luck with counterweight east! The easy one... until Bellows in counterweight West...
Rip him up for me!
-Khonsu

Thanks for the advice! Counterweight East WAS easy, and I will try to rip up Bellows for you. Spike the Crusher sounds awful, but I think I'll attempt to solo the tower anyway... I like the challenge of soloing dungeons.

Defender
Mar 09, 2009
It's pretty hard and long. It's better to do it with a group so you get through it faster.

Survivor
Jun 23, 2009
skydragon13 wrote:

Anyway!
Methinks it's possible.
Rip him up for me!
-Khonsu

Thanks for the advice! Counterweight East WAS easy, and I will try to rip up Bellows for you. Spike the Crusher sounds awful, but I think I'll attempt to solo the tower anyway... I like the challenge of soloing dungeons.

I have been three weeks trying to solo Big Ben. I'm a level 35 life/storm and have about 60 treasure cards, but no luck. Let me know if you succeed in going solo. Like you, I'm not a group player. Maybe all the solo players need to form a group :)

Survivor
Jun 09, 2009
I finally finished big ben :D :D :D :D
I soloed it through. Got defeated twice by the potbelly and the 2 nightmare spirit and by Meowiarty and his foes. I didn't spill the milk. Maybe that's why it wasn't that hard.
I can now go to MS!!!!!!!!
8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Survivor
May 24, 2009
Like you, I'm not a group player. Maybe all the solo players need to form a group :)
Not a bad idea... The Not-group group
I am now two weeks into trying to solo Big Ben.
And... I took somebody with me...
HE SPILLED ALL THE MILK.
Now he knows...
Worst. Cat. EVER.
And, of course...
We both ran away.
Now....
Wish me luck

~EDIT~

-I finished it! It wasn't hard at all, really! There is fifteen levels, and Meowiarty has an Agony waith and a clockword wizard with him. Meowiarty only has 2,500 health, so I defeated the clockwork, then the Wraith, then Meowiarty defeated me, but I came back before it reset! The time to do it is right after breakfast and finish before lunch, or right after lunch and finish before dinner Spike didn't come after me... :D

Survivor
Feb 22, 2009
well not really but u can it takes about 2 hours the most but once u reach the top floor you have 2 battle not only battle meoweartiy u also have 2 battle and wraith and some wooden figure i am curently on big ben i just really want 2 get 2 moo shu :-o

Mastermind
Jun 23, 2009
that's wierd i never knew spike the crusher was optional. i though you had to get through him to get to meowiarty. oh well, the crusher crusher badge is cool :D

Explorer
Jan 07, 2009
Yes but it's hard. And for future help, you CAN'T solo Malistaire because you need people to do stuff like keep a crystal lit.

Explorer
Dec 20, 2008
I read this in another post and it seemed to work for me. If you're first to go in battle on the first floor you will go first on all floors. If not you will go second on all floors. When trying to solo this makes a big difference. I never actually tested this though. Couldn't wait to get out of Marleybone. Was able to spill the milk and still solo big ben. The fight at the top was close though. I didn't have reshuffle and got down to 2 cards left. Luckily centaur didn't fizzle. I would suggest reshuffle if you try to solo. By the way, don't forget the book quest and Zeke's cat quest while your in there or you'll have to go back.
Thanks, Kieran Dragonflame

Survivor
Oct 19, 2008
Thanks everyone! A not-group group would be awesome :D

Update: I finished Counterweight West but I had help, I was defeated like 3 times trying to solo :( anyway, i'm still going to attempt to solo big ben, wish me luck!

Yet another update: I DID IT! I soloed Big Ben, got defeated a couple times but teleported back in. It was really not that hard since I didn't spill the milk. Good luck other soloers! It can be done!

Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
Khonsu wrote:
Like you, I'm not a group player. Maybe all the solo players need to form a group :)
Not a bad idea... The Not-group group
I am now two weeks into trying to solo Big Ben.
And... I took somebody with me...
HE SPILLED ALL THE MILK.
Now he knows...
Worst. Cat. EVER.
And, of course...
We both ran away.
Now....
Wish me luck

~EDIT~

-I finished it! It wasn't hard at all, really! There is fifteen levels, and Meowiarty has an Agony waith and a clockword wizard with him. Meowiarty only has 2,500 health, so I defeated the clockwork, then the Wraith, then Meowiarty defeated me, but I came back before it reset! The time to do it is right after breakfast and finish before lunch, or right after lunch and finish before dinner Spike didn't come after me... :D

try killing the clockwork first cause he can heal and thats not good,then kill wraith then meority

good luck
luke dragonleaf
lvl 36 ice/storm

Survivor
Jun 29, 2009
Well with the new henchmen out it can be posibble but you will need ALOT OF CROWNS!!! No joke the rest is super hard so i suggest to go in a group because another fact is that life henchmen can't heal so go with a group.

HunterIceBrezze
Lvl.36 Fire

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
I've gone solo with a death character (before henchmen). The only really hard part is fighting a certain milk lover. Please note, I set my characters up with high power pip % and had a staff that gave a base pip, so turn 1 is blade, turn two was vampire for the kill, bringing the playing field to even.

Now, remember, if you are killed you can return to where you were, so you can try it with the knowledge that you can return. Just kill the helpers if you are facing a boss. In the 30-min window you can always heal up and grab more mana.

Point two: Many places to heal, just go back down the tower and heal up, then continue up tower. After each battle the healing pips all recharge, so you can enter every battle 'fresh' after you hit the first healing pips (3rd floor).

Point three: It seems that the combat order is set upon entry, so if you initially don't get the first side position, leave and try again :-)

Survivor
May 31, 2009
Yeah, you can. I soloed the whole thing, including Spike. I didn't die or leave once. Anyway Spike was real easy for me, being an ice wiz. I used some elemental traps and elemental blades and my ice trap and balefrost and killed him in two blows. He dropped some nice boots too

Explorer
Oct 24, 2008
Big ben is possible to solo but i suggest you get a group just incase cause there are some tricky parts but i guess if you think you can handle the ups and downs of it then go for it!

Survivor
May 02, 2009
I have soloed all three clock towers with life, death,and myth, granted it took me about three hours for each one. The myth was actually the hardest. Remember if you die you should be able to go heal and go back in to where you died, when you get up so high you can go back and heal to that certain floor.

Good Luck

Zachery Waterthief level 50 life

Survivor
Aug 23, 2009
I did both counterweights and big ben solo. so I advise you to suck it up and get on with it.

Survivor
Oct 11, 2008
XP people get grip, big ben is hard when ur like lvl 30 or near that!!!! get help!!!! if ur storm FINISH BIG BEN!!! AND GET WILD BOLT!!! i'm olivia deathcaster!!!! and i really love wild bolt treasure cards!!!! (i use them in pvp I'M A BOLTER CHEATER!!!! i use wrath too!!!! an my school is death so i'll get wrath SOMEDAY!!!! dont blame me!!!!) people big ben is better when ur with friends!!! trust me! i had the time of my life when i was doing big ben with my best friend ever: connor titanfist!!!!!!! he rules!!!!!! :-D :-D :-D XD XD XD

-olivia griffindust lvl 48 almost 49

Survivor
Oct 11, 2008
qwrt098 wrote:
skydragon13 wrote:

yes it is possible to solo big ben its hard to. i would recommend you to do it with a group.

robertcrowgarden

if you dont like groups, buy a henchman, or ask your friends for treasure cards (ask for wildbolts)

-olivia griffindust lvl 48/deathcasterlvl 30, almost 31/olivia titanfist(on all my wizards its my nickname: Ms. Titanfist)