Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Can you solo Big Ben?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 21, 2009
Well I can't solo it, but you are a way higher lvl than me.

Donna Shadowriver, lvl 29 therugist :-)

Survivor
Jan 17, 2010
I really don't want to solo Countertop West and Big Ben, but find it hard to get a group together and I want to FINISH MB. So I may give it a try.
HOW do you get back in after you are defeated? Don't you have to start over? Do you set a marker which takes mana?
Any help with these towers or with the questions would be really great.

Delver
Dec 26, 2009
It is nearly impossible. The only part in Big Ben that I actually soloed was Meowiarty. I killed him first and the Agony Wraith was IMPOSSIBLE! I just finished him off with a Kraken. I spent my time putting traps and Windstorm to do more. It did over 1,000 damage. If it fizzled I would of lost because I had like 59 health left and the Wraith casted Fire Elf. And I only resist death. (I resist it 32%)

-Anthony Redflame Level 43 Necromancer

Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
The best way to solo the counterweights and Big Ben is to put down a marker before entering the fight. And always go after the lowest hitpoint monster first until they are dead, then the next, and so on.

If you die during the battle, run around and get mana and enter a non-dungeon area to grab health (or just sit still in Regent Square until you are fully healed) and port back. Be sure to place another marker down.

If you don't die, you should still port to Regent Square and grab mana and allow the area to heal you (Patience)

Port back and go to the next floor and lay down a new marker.

Rinse and repeat.

Delver
May 31, 2009
yes you can solo big ben here are some hints to make it easier
First mark your teleport spot where the red and white pips are
Second spill the third bottle milk after you finish the top level this will make it a one on one fight against Crusher.
Third be full health, place full amount of minion cards in deck (unless myth then just pick one), fill rest of deck with heals traps blades and shields, place you monster cards in treasure card slots this way you can call them when you need them. Remember the top floor is life (he attacks,shields, and heals), death (constantly attacking w/ banshee and vampire as well as placing traps), and myth (top dog throws myth and storm spell at you) always kill the weaker monsters first as it is easier to survive two attacks instead of three

A note on your monsters buy toughs and combine them with your stronger monsters so you can place them in your treasure card slots and can call upon them when you need them instead of leaving it to chance to deal you the right card, this is also useful in the areana.

I hope you find this helpful,

Survivor
Feb 01, 2009
Survivor
Jan 31, 2010
I haven't even made it to Big Ben yet, but i had an idea. All the other places in Marleybone have witty names, why not Big Ben? I thought it would have been really witty if the Big Ben tower was called Big Bone, and looking like a giant dog bone with the Big Ben clock at the top.
I know that it's all done and no more changes can be made, but I just wanted to share my idea.

Sorry if this wasted your time. :)

Explorer
Jun 02, 2009
skydragon13 wrote:
I am trying to get through Counterweight East at the moment, but wondering, will I be able to solo Big Ben when I get to it? I am not really a group person. Thanks!
when you get there keep spilling the milk bottles till he says something like oh your gonna get it if you dont stop then go up a floor DO NOT SPILL THE MILK BOTTLE . then kill the enemies you find there then go back down and spill the milk go back up and there he is ... spike the crusher without help just kill him that is how to solo him :-)

Survivor
Jan 02, 2010
I am lvl 35 death. I am so frustrated I just had to vent. Today I soloed Counterweight West. Last night I soloed Counterweight East. So I thought I would try Big Ben on my own. (no friends are EVER around when I need them) I got all the way to Meoriarty, defeated the life guy, got defeated once, went back to finish (after working on it for 2 1/2 hours) and the network lost connection! Can't move, can't do anything. SO FRUSTRATING! I guess I'll try again tomorrow to finish (after starting over), because I'm so ready to be out of here.

Mastermind
Apr 24, 2010
sorry, but i think that's not possible.

the only reson is why that big ben is at least 10 floors with 2 enemys on them. i did big ben with 2 people, wait maybe 3, and we did just fine.
but just DON'T SPILL THE MILK 3 TIMES OR ELSE A REALLY HARD BOSS COMES OUT. well i've never seen the boss but i bet he's pretty hard. when i defaeted big ben we spilled the milk 2 times. i'm glad glad glad glad GLAD that we diden't spill that milk 3 times. whew!

so bye now peoples.

Survivor
Aug 17, 2010
skydragon13 wrote:
I am trying to get through Counterweight East at the moment, but wondering, will I be able to solo Big Ben when I get to it? I am not really a group person. Thanks!

I'm guessing you can solo it but it is VERY challenging. I highly recommend going in with a group because it makes it SO much easier and faster!!!

-Myrna Dragon
Magus Thaumaturge ~ Level 36

Survivor
Jan 02, 2010
Tyracia wrote:
skydragon13 wrote:

I'm guessing you can solo it but it is VERY challenging. I highly recommend going in with a group because it makes it SO much easier and faster!!!

-Myrna Dragon
Magus Thaumaturge ~ Level 36

I soloed it several times with different wizards. Takes awhile but is doable. Just be sure to put markers down. Also, you can request help from mercenaries, who are very willing.

Survivor
Aug 31, 2010
skydragon13 wrote:
You can definitely do it. I have soloed all of my dungeons and I am in Mooshue.

Survivor
Dec 17, 2009
you can solo it, i did and the cool thing about that big ben is that when you die, just run back to it and the enemies you already beat are still dead.
And there are 2 floors with mana/health wisp.
:D good luck

Jasmine icecrafter lvl 50 pyromancer

Survivor
Sep 08, 2010
there are 14 floors counting the top one

P.S. there is a milk jug sitting around; you should not spill it

Champion
Apr 18, 2010