Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why can't reagents be put in the bank?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 19, 2009
What I would like to see for reagents is the ability to put them in the shared bank so that if I have a surplus of something on one character, but have a need for that item on another, I can move it around to equalize the supply/demand chain, even if it's only between my own six characters.

I have done this with furniture items and clothing/weaponry; I don't see why it should be such a big stretch to be able to include reagents. I think most people who play Wizard101 have more than one character, and it seems odd to me to restrict movement of items between one's own characters.

I know the reagent section of the backpack is in a totally different area from furniture and gear, but if we can include the ability to trade treasure cards between characters who are *not* on the same account, why not the ability to trade reagents between characters who *are*?

Survivor
May 31, 2009
I completely agree with this. I think you should be able to transfer crafting supplies as well as treasure cards among your own characters in the shared bank. would also be nice to be able to stash your money away in there also. perhaps this can be looked into for the future?

Survivor
May 17, 2009
I understand that most of the regents in the game are hard to find in most of the areas and some of us who play would like to put them into the shared bank tab, so that we could let our other characters craft along with the main but in different sections of crafting.... Yes that would help in a lot of ways but their is one thing that would help in game... It is where players could sell some of these items as bulk to a vendor or bazaar, cause it get annoying to have to click the same item over and over again.... By making these items countable you will allow the player to select how many they need to either sell of put away in a bank so they don't carry them around in game while they are playing.... Also it would help to trade the items you make to other players who might be in your friends list that are the top friends with a star near them..... These are some options to think about in wizzard 101....

Explorer
Mar 07, 2009
Yea 10000000000000% Regagents need to be able to trade between players and be stored in your bank. Plus KI need to increase what you can hold 99 is not cutting it.

Survivor
May 23, 2009
I agree reagants should be part of the bank. Also, why not allow Treasure Cards. I think anything that can be collected or purchased in the game should have a place in the bank (private and shared).

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
I look at it as a test in math class. Yes, your older brother could come in, and apply his skills...but we would not be testing you. I do think treasure cards should be passable, but I think as reagents are part of a quest line, it is sorta cheating to pass them on....

Survivor
Sep 23, 2009
I would love it if treasure cards could be placed in an area of the shared bank, along with reagents.

Why not allow all characters share a castle;

It would also be good if we could change hair style and color to reflect our mood.

It would be a good idea if we could have a wizard from each school; at the present time I'm short as are the rest of the players by one school. I don't think it’s fair to leave a school out.

My humble suggestion to Kingsdale would be to get more hard drives. This way we could all have a wizard from each school.

Please consider

Survivor
Jan 01, 2010
MikeStrath wrote:
I look at it as a test in math class. Yes, your older brother could come in, and apply his skills...but we would not be testing you. I do think treasure cards should be passable, but I think as reagents are part of a quest line, it is sorta cheating to pass them on....

i kinda agree with the cheating thing about trading or putting reagents in your bank but i need some on my lower lvl person for a nice piece of gear and i cant get to the place i need to for it and cant buy it. i also agree that treasure cards should SO be ablt to be put in your shared bank.

Survivor
Jun 13, 2010
MikeStrath wrote:

I don't understand the idea of this being cheating. You can't share reagents with your other wizards, but they can be sold and bought from the Bazaar. So it messes with the quest line to trade them but not to buy them? That doesn't make sense. Either allow both or neither.

Squire
Jan 21, 2010
ricklav wrote:
MikeStrath wrote:

I don't understand the idea of this being cheating. You can't share reagents with your other wizards, but they can be sold and bought from the Bazaar. So it messes with the quest line to trade them but not to buy them? That doesn't make sense. Either allow both or neither.

I think what they mean is: you could have your higher wizard transmute all of the reagents you need( scrap iron, black lotus) and pass them to the smaller wizard.
I would like to have the pets snacks bankable. Right now I have one character training all of my pets, because he has all of the mega snacks. Perhaps that was poor planing on my part, but I still would like snacks to be bankable in the shared bank.

Explorer
Nov 17, 2009
Militarymage wrote:
Yea 10000000000000% Regagents need to be able to trade between players and be stored in your bank. Plus KI need to increase what you can hold 99 is not cutting it.

its 999, not 99

Explorer
Jan 27, 2009
She posted that a year ago, Wolf. Back then you were limited to 99 of any one reagent. They changed it a few months ago.

Explorer
Jan 11, 2010
I would love to be able to put reagents in my shared bank!
I have three grand wizards, and it would be great to be able to share reagents between them :-)

Explorer
Mar 11, 2010
Sharing these would make the game far too easy. This is something you're supposed to work at by collecting your own, and it's supposed to take time and effort.

If we could use the shared back for everything, imagine how fast you would complete your goals.
At some point, you have done it all in the game. Do you really want to speed that up?