Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Big mana problem

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 06, 2008
So i have noticed that when you cast a spell that can fizzle if it fizzles you lose all the mana you used for that spell. What I think should happen is if once you cast the spell you don't lose mana until the spell is cast and does not fizzle.

Explorer
Feb 11, 2009
What spells do you find that happening. The only time that i run into that problem isnt a fizzle but when i select an area affect spell and someone kills my target. When that happens i lose my mana but not on a regular fizzle situation.

Defender
May 28, 2009
This is a Mana vs. Pip argument. If we could get 120 Pips circling our feet that would be great! But we can't. Instead we have to live with the 7 pips that we are allowed to get and hope with all our might that they will be power pips. Mana on the other hand can get to 120 and that is if you get to Grandmaster and do not have ANY gear to boost the Max Mana. I have seen people with as much as 500 Mana. This is an insane amount of mana. They could fight for two days on that type of a supply! Mana is used the moment you choose the spell and the pips are used IF you fire the spell. You can have a large amount of mana and you can only have 7 pips at any given time. This affects Storm and Fire people more because we fizzle much more but i have to say that as a Grandmaster Fire I have NEVER run out of mana if I went into the battle full. As a matter of fact, I notice instead that I am able to fight many battles (usually about ten) before I have to fill up again or use a potion. For PVP none of this matters because you do not use mana in the arena. So make sure you don't go running into mobs with your pvp gear on or you will be forced to flee or wand them to death.

Defender
Aug 02, 2008
zelda5678 wrote:
So i have noticed that when you cast a spell that can fizzle if it fizzles you lose all the mana you used for that spell. What I think should happen is if once you cast the spell you don't lose mana until the spell is cast and does not fizzle.

I DITTO that.