Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Black Pearl

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 16, 2009
Hello all does anyone knows what part of Wizard 101 world we can get black pearl, or a boss that drops black pearl or games or wherever. Thank you please response i need help for my final crafting....

Defender
Oct 03, 2008
It's a rare drop from the black lotus reagent, an already rare reagent found in Mooshu. Basically, it's a rare dropping from a rare. :-(

Valkoor Crow
Grandmaster Necromancer

Survivor
Dec 18, 2008
i8mys2pidog wrote:
Hello all does anyone knows what part of Wizard 101 world we can get black pearl, or a boss that drops black pearl or games or wherever. Thank you please response i need help for my final crafting....
Hi dude. first off it is a rare harvest item from the back lotus? i believe that is proper name. is blk flower in moo shu. i have around a 1/5 picks ratio for gtting a black pearl so every five picks or so should get you at least one....but remeber i am not 100% accurate. good luck and fantastic job at getting so far in crafting. many quit when they hit marleybone. excelent accomplishment. 8) :-o :-P :-P :-P

Tyler Spiritstrider-Grandmaster pyromancer

Travis Spiritstrider-Grandmaster necromancer

Thomas Spiritstrider-Grandmaster diviner

Trevor Spiritstrider-Adept conjourer

Survivor
Jul 06, 2009
It's a rare item you get from the black lotus. It's pretty rare. I've collected about 100 black lotus and only have 8 or so black pearls.

Survivor
Jun 08, 2009
Black Pearls are the rare reagent that can be found with Black Lotus.

As far as I know, Black Lotus/Black Pearls can only be found in Mooshu.

Sophia Moondust
Master Pyromancer, Master Artisan

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
swtogirl wrote:
It's a rare item you get from the black lotus. It's pretty rare. I've collected about 100 black lotus and only have 8 or so black pearls.

An 8% drop rate seems very lucky. From most I have talked to, it is somewhat lower :-)

Survivor
Dec 18, 2008
Survivor
May 08, 2009
The ratio is more like 1 in 120 because only ONE realm per spawning session will spawn one randomly. THe problem isn't so much the trying to find a pearl or lotus as we know where and the estimates. The problem is that it takes literarly 30-40 minutes for the lotus to re-spawn. Why KI can't use common sence and make spawning times no greater than 10 minutes especialy with over 2.4 million members and only 30 realms is beyond me.

I have been on the crafting task for 2 1/2 weaks and including spawning 3 times over a 5 hour period in early am hours amd JUST half way. This is beyond agervaiting, it is down right pointless and just shy of impossible.
Sad part is the crafting quests keep on coming and only get more redicilous and twice as expensive to make.

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
I would like to be able take, say, 25 black lotus, and craft 'seeds' from them, which we could plant around our houses that would give 1-3 black lotus plus a black pearl.

With a crafting time of, say, 2 hours and a 24 hr growth period, it would mean we might be able to grow a dozen a week, perhaps more???

It would mean we would have to have a house, crafting time, etc.

Maybe come up with a subscriber-only crafting table for processing common items to rare items as a crafting work?

Defender
Jan 07, 2009
Survivor
May 28, 2009
why not make rares craftable..add a reagent called a philosiphers stone and use 10,20,30,40 or how ever many normal drops to create 1 rare.. at least that way we might be able to do our quests.. otherwise take rares out of quests and only use them for crafting purposes.. i too am getting pretty fed up with the drop rate on rares.

Champion
Jan 27, 2009
DraqMyJor wrote:
why not make rares craftable..add a reagent called a philosiphers stone and use 10,20,30,40 or how ever many normal drops to create 1 rare.. at least that way we might be able to do our quests.. otherwise take rares out of quests and only use them for crafting purposes.. i too am getting pretty fed up with the drop rate on rares.

it's true that it's bad but if you are willing to put in the time a good place to look is the tree of life, here is a tip to help, the fort, wall thing around the tree of life has 8 different spawn locations! they are outside the wall in the corners and inside where the pigs are running around.

Defender
Jul 18, 2009
DraqMyJor wrote:

Because that would make sense to normal people and not appeal to people that want to waste countless hours doing mindless tasks in a video game.

IT'S ENTERTAINING AND FUN RIGHT?!

Survivor
Mar 19, 2009
MikeStrath wrote:
I would like to be able take, say, 25 black lotus, and craft 'seeds' from them, which we could plant around our houses that would give 1-3 black lotus plus a black pearl.

With a crafting time of, say, 2 hours and a 24 hr growth period, it would mean we might be able to grow a dozen a week, perhaps more???

Maybe come up with a subscriber-only crafting table for processing common items to rare items as a crafting work?

Not a bad idea!!

Survivor
Jun 20, 2009
MikeStrath wrote:

:D That is a really good idea! Some people come up with some fantastic ideas on ways to make finding rare reagents a little more easier and you are one of them. i hope that if they dont at least consider your idea that they may look into another smart idea. Great thinking!

Survivor
May 24, 2008
The ability to craft rare reagents or grow them seems to fit right in with the overall KingsIsle ideology. Also, by maintaining cool down times, players would be able to create/grow what they need but won't be able to flood the market.

Either that or make the questing recipes use more common reagents. I've played Wizard 101 since Beta and, the thing that has always delighted me, is the responsiveness of KingsIsle to player concerns.

I don't have time to spend hours waiting for rare reagents to spawn. I also know a number of parents who don't want their children tied for hours at a time to a computer game or experience levels of frustration that take the fun out of the game. I have never received the impression that Wizard 101 was designed to have elite tiers as other, more mature games, have. Yet, with the current set up for the quest recipes, it seems to me that this could happen as players become frustrated and just give up.

Just out of curiousity, have the staff who designed the craft quest actually played it (as a real player and not with any backdoor programming aids)? If not, you might want to give a whirl just to see what the players are having to go through.

I understand the difficulty in creating a balance between fun and challenging and too difficult but please remember that your target audience is younger players who can become easily frustrated if tasks are too difficult.

Perhaps the extremely rare reagents should be used strictly for very special items and furniture commensurate with their rarity rather than the required recipes to get the crafting badges. That way players who want the really cool item can decide to farm the rarer reagents but other players will still be able to proceed through the craft quest. In any case, some adjustment should be made to keep crafting fun and not an exercise in frustration. After all, the cool down times alone prohibit "galloping" through crafting so I don't understand the idea for making "required" reagents so darned elusive.

Thanks for reading. I know KingsIsle is making constant adjustments and I am confident that the crafting issue will be re-addressed.

Survivor
Jun 26, 2009
Neekee wrote:
MikeStrath wrote:

:D That is a really good idea! Some people come up with some fantastic ideas on ways to make finding rare reagents a little more easier and you are one of them. i hope that if they dont at least consider your idea that they may look into another smart idea. Great thinking!

for me this was the last quest to do it agravated me so much that myself and 30 people i know are no longer subscribing to this game. we all think it is very rediculace that its so hard to find these items in this "kids" game. who ever made this part obviously doesnt know kids have no patiance, after collecting over 400 lotus i have only 10 pearls thank kings isle, and i am letting every one i know to not waist there time or money on this game, going to guild wars and W.o.W at least there you can buy trade and find anything you need fast no matter how rare. hope you deside to do something about this or more people will be like me and quit this game. all other parts were fun though.

Survivor
Jun 20, 2009
MikeStrath wrote:

this is an awesome idea i could only hope wiz101 would do this.

Survivor
Mar 11, 2009
ok i need black pearls and it is to hard to get it why did ki make is so hrad to farm for them its not like i will drop the game if i pass all crafting quest please make it easy to get them please

Survivor
Jul 07, 2009
just go to a adept crafter and buy a transmute black pearl card, 15 vlack lotus into 1 black peral. :P

Survivor
Aug 13, 2008
:x This is rediculous. I can't find one black pearl. I got the transmutation spell but can't find enough black lotus flowers. It takes 15 flowers to make ONE pearl, and we have to have 16 of them??? I am so mad. I have been playing Wizards since the trial time, have subscribed twice, have reached level 50 and have nothing else to do. This is the first time they have made something so hard it almost can't be done. A real mistake and people will stop playing.

Survivor
Jan 18, 2009
heathersite wrote:
:x This is rediculous. I can't find one black pearl. I got the transmutation spell but can't find enough black lotus flowers. It takes 15 flowers to make ONE pearl, and we have to have 16 of them??? I am so mad. I have been playing Wizards since the trial time, have subscribed twice, have reached level 50 and have nothing else to do. This is the first time they have made something so hard it almost can't be done. A real mistake and people will stop playing.

JUst try farming in Cave of Solitude, change realms every so often, i get a Black pearl after every 7 or 8 Black Lotus. but i can pick up about 40 Lotus per Hour of running through and changing realms

Hope that helps out

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
Laurette wrote:
heathersite wrote:

JUst try farming in Cave of Solitude, change realms every so often, i get a Black pearl after every 7 or 8 Black Lotus. but i can pick up about 40 Lotus per Hour of running through and changing realms

Hope that helps out

I farm the Ancient Burial ground. Most of the black lotus is near the boss lairs also the location of the teleporters. I go to each teleporter. Pick the black lotus and then change realms. Within an hour I usually have 30 - 40 black lotus and even a few black pearls.

Good luck harvesting

Hannah Lifebringer

Champion
Jun 30, 2009
ace05843 wrote:
The ratio is more like 1 in 120 because only ONE realm per spawning session will spawn one randomly. THe problem isn't so much the trying to find a pearl or lotus as we know where and the estimates. The problem is that it takes literarly 30-40 minutes for the lotus to re-spawn. Why KI can't use common sence and make spawning times no greater than 10 minutes especialy with over 2.4 million members and only 30 realms is beyond me.

I have been on the crafting task for 2 1/2 weaks and including spawning 3 times over a 5 hour period in early am hours amd JUST half way. This is beyond agervaiting, it is down right pointless and just shy of impossible.
Sad part is the crafting quests keep on coming and only get more redicilous and twice as expensive to make.

I got around that (am still working on the black pearl quest) by transmutting 10 ore and 10 cat tail to make Black Lotus, but you need 15 Black Lotus to transmute 1 Black Pearl.

How this helps,

Timothy Pearlflower
Level 44 Ice Wizard
Stuck on quests in Marleybone
Stuck in Mooshu
Stuck in Dragonspyre
Stuck in Grizzleheim

Survivor
Oct 22, 2009
Laurette wrote:

Hope that helps out

This.

If you transmute ore/cattails to black lotus you will regret it when you get to the Dragonspyre quests. Black lotus are easy to get if you do what Laurette said. Spawns are mostly near teleporters, so use those instead of running around.

Some of the stuff said about spawn times is also not true. I have had times when I would collect a lotus, go into the lair nearby and fight the boss, and then come out to find another lotus there. The cycle is relatively short - it is just that a resource will not always spawn at a location on every cycle. If you don't find one just jump in the teleporter and move on.