Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How to choose Your Secondary School

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 17, 2009
Hey everyone! Now, we know we have to pick a secondary school (and an option third school). Here are a few lists of perfect combonations for the schools. There are about three of four options each. I hope this helps everyone!

Balance- I would choose Myth, Life or Death. Balance is kind of a mixture of Storm, Ice, and Fire, so one of these would be good. Myth has low accuracy. Vut I'm a Balance/Myth student, and I've been about to defeat wizard city and working on Krokotopia now. Sofar I've ben doing good. Life is my third school and the reason why is because you can heal yourself with will help when you fight Malistare! Death is powerful. so its a good school to master as well.

Fire- Ice, Life, Storm. Life, well. You heal yourself. Thats it, basically. Ice because its powerful and a good combo to fire. Don't ask. I know. Storm is very powerful and a good match as well.

Ice- Same as above, only fire instead of ice.

Storm- Myth, Ice, Fire or Life. Life=HEal. (I'm gonna stop saying life cuz life is just automatic! extra life, count me in!) Fire and ice are a super duo. So why not add storm into this to make it a terrible three-some! :D

Death- Well, I don't know. Like I said. Life. But IDK balance because of all the powerups?

Life- Any school is good. I'd choose balance.

Myth- Balance, Death, Life.

Defender
Mar 08, 2009
You cant judge a school by only being in krokotopia. Most balance Grand Masters say do death up to feint and Ice to tower shield. As for the rest idk.

Defender
May 29, 2009

I'm a lvl 49 fire wizard and after doing a training point buyback back at level 30, I'll give you my experience.

I would say you really don't train in a second or third schools, but rather for specific spells. Given that secondary schools don't take advantage of power pips, there is a bit of a penalty in using those spells.

I agree with Proman1355. Ice to tower shield, Death to Feint, Life to Satyr, Fire to Meteor Strike (for an AoE spell), etc.

As far as pairing, it depends on what you need. For death, I would say Myth up to Humongofrog is a good choice. A good AoE spell; you can take advantage of the spirit blades/traps for both school spells. Death could go Life, but with ghoul, sacrifice, and vampire, you have enough healing right there.

My primary school is fire and I can deal a lot of damage with those spells. So I was looking for other school spells that complemented that. Life up to Satyr for healing was an easy one since I solo'd a lot and you need to strategically heal on a lot of the towers (think marleybone counterweights and big ben). Then I trained Ice up to Tower shield to improve my defense. It gives me a generic shield that stacks on top of the other shields and it's the only shield that works against balance attacks. Other than pixie, satyr, and tower shield, I rarely use the other spells I've learned from the other schools.

that's just one strategy and one person's experience. I'm sure there are other strategies around secondary/tertiary schools.

Proman1355 wrote:
You cant judge a school by only being in krokotopia. Most balance Grand Masters say do death up to feint and Ice to tower shield. As for the rest idk.

Survivor
Jun 27, 2009
i am death-life i know kinda poor choice well i got life to satyr think i may hold off there what other school could i spend pts into. ice?

Defender
May 29, 2009

I'd say think back about the last week of play and try to remember those times when you got in a bit of trouble in a battle. Was it against mobs and you just couldn't attack them fast enough? If so, look for a AoE attack, like the myth humongofrog. Was it in terms of defense? Maybe ice to tower shields.

or maybe you're just looking to do crazy damage, you could try storm. But be prepared to fizzle and your damage will be a bit limited if you don't have a storm blade (elemental blade).

Life is not a bad choice for death. Death wizard vs death enemies is always difficult. You can always use prisms, but since you're so close already, the next life spell is centaur which is a reliable spell (good accuracy). If you only play it against death enemies, you can blade it (with the spirit blade -- which would work for your death spells as well) and with the boost you get against death enemies, it'll do pretty good damage.

phoenixblazin wrote:
i am death-life i know kinda poor choice well i got life to satyr think i may hold off there what other school could i spend pts into. ice?

Survivor
Mar 28, 2009
ifuseekamy wrote:
Hey everyone! Now, we know we have to pick a secondary school (and an option third school). Here are a few lists of perfect combonations for the schools. There are about three of four options each. I hope this helps everyone!

Balance- I would choose Myth, Life or Death. Balance is kind of a mixture of Storm, Ice, and Fire, so one of these would be good. Myth has low accuracy. Vut I'm a Balance/Myth student, and I've been about to defeat wizard city and working on Krokotopia now. Sofar I've ben doing good. Life is my third school and the reason why is because you can heal yourself with will help when you fight Malistare! Death is powerful. so its a good school to master as well.

Fire- Ice, Life, Storm. Life, well. You heal yourself. Thats it, basically. Ice because its powerful and a good combo to fire. Don't ask. I know. Storm is very powerful and a good match as well.

Ice- Same as above, only fire instead of ice.

Storm- Myth, Ice, Fire or Life. Life=HEal. (I'm gonna stop saying life cuz life is just automatic! extra life, count me in!) Fire and ice are a super duo. So why not add storm into this to make it a terrible three-some! :D

Death- Well, I don't know. Like I said. Life. But IDK balance because of all the powerups?

Life- Any school is good. I'd choose balance.

Myth- Balance, Death, Life.
i think since fire already has power, you should train a school with healing abilities same goes for storm. Ice is a tank of defenses so i think a strong secondary school with better offense would do maybe fire or storm. Storm and fire, well thats just for power, but there are disadvantages as both schools have the lowest accuracy and life. life goes with any school and balance as a main school with storm or fire would be devastating, same thing with death. Thats good combos, one schools for buffs and life and another for power. Myth, well i hated my old myth wizard, couldnt stand how weak he was but i guess that was because i had just completed a fire storm guy to Grandmaster so the sudden drop in power was, un nerving to say the least. life's best cards are available as a main school so something with power would go well here. And balance as a main plus storm or fire second is dangerous, same goes for death.

Survivor
Jun 27, 2009
Thank you very much
carterma wrote:

I'd say think back about the last week of play and try to remember those times when you got in a bit of trouble in a battle. Was it against mobs and you just couldn't attack them fast enough? If so, look for a AoE attack, like the myth humongofrog. Was it in terms of defense? Maybe ice to tower shields.

or maybe you're just looking to do crazy damage, you could try storm. But be prepared to fizzle and your damage will be a bit limited if you don't have a storm blade (elemental blade).

Life is not a bad choice for death. Death wizard vs death enemies is always difficult. You can always use prisms, but since you're so close already, the next life spell is centaur which is a reliable spell (good accuracy). If you only play it against death enemies, you can blade it (with the spirit blade -- which would work for your death spells as well) and with the boost you get against death enemies, it'll do pretty good damage.

phoenixblazin wrote:

Defender
Apr 28, 2009
i think you should choose depending on your personality. also, certain schools work well together, here is a list of secondary schools that will work well with certain others.

second school: death. normal school: fire.
second school: fire. normal school: ice.
second school: anything. normal school: balance.
second school: life. normal school: death
second school: storm. normal school: myth

sometimes opposite schools are good like fire and ice.

will my dog stop panting, he sounds like an old fashioned train!!!!!!! oh now his is drinking out of the facilties lol...... bye