Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The 8th school:The School of Time!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 31, 2008
ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND!?! do you know how overpowered that is!? that would totally make Time the UNDEFEATABLE school in the game! i dont think ANYONE would like that at all, i try to keep things at a somewhat hard level, but not an impossible. But, I'll admit it is a good idea, but tone it down to only one effect of your choice, make it more fair for the rest of the game.

Justin DragonBlood,Grandmaster Thaumaturge
Hunter StormWraith, Journeyman Pyromancer 8)

Survivor
Aug 31, 2008
your right, i guess his rank and health will change depending on your level and wizard rank(novice, apprentice, etc.)

Survivor
Aug 31, 2008
DreamWeaver66 wrote:
grendel6 wrote:
why give such a powerful school such a high success rate, it is like giving storm 90% but, although that would be cool, it is unfair to other players.

Not necessarily if either it was like only grandmaster magic and or it was like high magus magic with fewer cards. and it would ofcourse have to be available to everyone. But making a new schoolof time only then yes it would be way unfair, but if you made like a quest thing that taught you a third school of time magic with like 4-6 spells that were really good then it would both be fair and SUPER CRAZY AWESOME WOOT WOOT GO TIME. I vote it be grandmaster only and that a new world is made for time questing for grandmasters to add on another storyline to the game.
Great idea, a sub world only time grandmasters can enter as a sub storyline.

Defender
Oct 15, 2009
The triangle School of Sound, School of Time, & School of Psionics. One of the benefits of Psionics is allowing the caster to morph into stronger creatures and cast temp spells against opponents into weaker creatures. Although the definition of psionic being "pertaining to the psychic, telepathic, or paranormal" opens it up to many things. It could be the balance school bjavascript:void(0);etween time and sound.

Survivor
May 05, 2009
Hm not a bad idea but not a great one either. Some player would complain about "Noobs" getting powerful magic at such low levels with a low fizzle rate an idea would be if: You HAVE to face the boss alone and the boss should be rank 4-6 not 3 as this would be somewhat too easy.

Level 49 Diviner Ingame name: David IceTalon

Survivor
Sep 04, 2009
I like that new idea. I amk a fire wiz that likes putting status problems during pvps.
Bu that "Pip reverse" spell woulh it work like taking away your pips and taking away that many fron enemy

Survivor
Jul 19, 2008
i think the new school is better to be a wind school
where ninjas are your trainer
and the school's wizards are good at aerial combat

Defender
Jun 04, 2009

I THOUGHT OF THE SAME THING! time colors could be silver and grey. their teacher could be a REAL old man and uh they are famous for having very fast attacks. ok maybe could work together to get this school actually working

William BattleCaller lvl. 33 magus fire student and
Elizabeth GoldenBlossom lvl 26 adept ice student

Survivor
Aug 31, 2008
twilightwma wrote:

I THOUGHT OF THE SAME THING! time colors could be silver and grey. their teacher could be a REAL old man and uh they are famous for having very fast attacks. ok maybe could work together to get this school actually working

William BattleCaller lvl. 33 magus fire student and
Elizabeth GoldenBlossom lvl 26 adept ice student
Sounds intresting, never would have thought to work together for this idea...I'll have to accept this offer, going against my solitary and (mostly)anti-social nature.

Justin DragonBlood;lvl50Thaumaturge
Hunter StormWraith;lvl18Pyromancer

Survivor
Aug 16, 2009
non8er wrote:
i dont mean to burst any bubbles but don't you think there are enough schools?
i mean the staff at Kingsisle would have to take the game down fo DAYS to put all the quests monsters and spells and gear in.

Flint raveflame 45 balance wizard

P.S. i hope i didnt make any one upset or sad i just think there are enough shcools

I know but they are already making new schools for celestia so there just making some ideas and they sound good. So dont worry no extra time to shut down the game if thats what you are worried about.

Survivor
Jun 21, 2009
Ramza1114 wrote:
I have thought of new spells! They will be in order from strongest to weakest:

Bird Goddess, rank 7 spell: Summon Bartleby's sister, The Great Raven, to strike all enemies for 600 damage, as well as removing every pip from your enemies!

Ragnarok, rank 6 spell: Warp time to summon 4 Golem Tower sized ice crystals to strike your enemies for 450-500, as well as stunning your enemies!

Meteor, rank 5 spell: Warp time with so much force, you warp space as well, calling forth a meteor the size of the Dragon Titan's eye, striking the opponents for 350-400 damage.

Creation, rank 4 spell: Warp time back to when all the worlds were as one, adding a 30% boost to time magic damage.

Summon Dragoon, rank X spell: For 1-3 pips, Warp time to summon 1-3 Dragoons, legendary spear wielding warriors who can jump as high as Dragons can fly, to fight by your side.

Wyvern, rank 3 spell: summon a Wyvern(with wings!) to singe an enemy for 50+300 time damage over time.

Knight's Charge, rank 2 spell: Warp time to summon a knight on horseback, sword in hand, and charge through an enemy for 150-200.

Ancient Spear, rank 1 spell: Warp time and summon a spear to charge through an opponent for 65 - 100 damage.

If anyone has any ideas or complaints about these spells, just let me know, i'll see if i can make them to your liking, Cheers!

Justin DragonBlood, Grandmaster Thaumaturge 8)
Thats a great idead i specially like the bird goddes but maybe you can increase their damage by ten just would seem better also how about a spell called erosion (did i spell that right?) : 1 to 4 pips where all foes start to lose their charms and wards over a few turns the pips control how many of their charms and wards are lost when they summon them after the spell has been cast O: and KI PLEASE LISTEN TO THIS GUY :D :D :D

Explorer
Feb 22, 2009
Ramza1114 wrote:
I have thought of new spells! They will be in order from strongest to weakest:

Bird Goddess, rank 7 spell: Summon Bartleby's sister, The Great Raven, to strike all enemies for 600 damage, as well as removing every pip from your enemies!

Ragnarok, rank 6 spell: Warp time to summon 4 Golem Tower sized ice crystals to strike your enemies for 450-500, as well as stunning your enemies!

Meteor, rank 5 spell: Warp time with so much force, you warp space as well, calling forth a meteor the size of the Dragon Titan's eye, striking the opponents for 350-400 damage.

Creation, rank 4 spell: Warp time back to when all the worlds were as one, adding a 30% boost to time magic damage.

Summon Dragoon, rank X spell: For 1-3 pips, Warp time to summon 1-3 Dragoons, legendary spear wielding warriors who can jump as high as Dragons can fly, to fight by your side.

Wyvern, rank 3 spell: summon a Wyvern(with wings!) to singe an enemy for 50+300 time damage over time.

Knight's Charge, rank 2 spell: Warp time to summon a knight on horseback, sword in hand, and charge through an enemy for 150-200.

Ancient Spear, rank 1 spell: Warp time and summon a spear to charge through an opponent for 65 - 100 damage.

If anyone has any ideas or complaints about these spells, just let me know, i'll see if i can make them to your liking, Cheers!

I think these are all good ideas, but you're making this school way too strong. It cant be the "best" and "strongest" and "shielding" school all at once, it just wouldn't be fair. It's strongest attack should be around 450, and it should only take away 3-4 pips max. Other then that, it's a good idea.

Caleb Walker, Grandmaster Thaumaturge (also 8) )

Survivor
Sep 02, 2009
let me just say ... what was it oh ya! AWESOME!!!! :D I thought the same thing about a time school only you dont get a badge or complete quests it would be like balance for celestia! I have posts about a time school one about spells, one about the school being hidden (like the balance school), and one about a street. So Time Rocks!!!

Blaze FireSpear,
Lvl 22 Pyromancer

Go Fire 8)

Survivor
Jan 16, 2009
Ramza1114 wrote:
Okay, A lot of you will not agree with this, but i'm gonna give this idea to Wizard101 anyway.

I have seen many ideas for an 8th school, and i have a really good one! how about a School of Time? they focus on dealing severe status affects to the enemies, and powerful support to their teammates! for an status ex: the opponent is about to hit you hard with a spell this round, but you use a spell before him, so you use a spell called " pip reverse" which takes off up to 6 pips maximum from your opponent, effectively preventing the spell for a few rounds! and for a support ex: your really lacking in health with your team, so you cast a spell called " haste" it has a 50% chance of giving your entire team an interrupt next round! but, a school this powerful can only be used by powerful players! so it has a requirement: you must complete every non-member quest, any school can learn this magic, once the requirements are met, anyway!

here is how the quest to learn the magic plays out: you meet the requirement, ambrose asks you to come to him, he tells you about a forgotten magic, then gives you a letter, he tells you to take it to your teacher, you talk to your teacher, he/she gives you a special key, then tells you to lay it on the ground where the death school used to be, you do so, and out of nowhere, a bridge appears! you walk out onto the bridge, and then you are in space! you see the bridge leading to a building, but just before you go in, a wizard appears out of nowhere! he tells you " you must prove to me if you are worthy to learn this long forgotten art!" his name is "Mystery Wizard" he is a rank 3 balance boss, with 650 health, if you manage to beat him, you go up to the building afterwards, you see a banner above its door, a spiral with a line through the north east south and west parts, and an arrow extending from the middle line ending the symbol, you walk in, and ambrose is standing in front of the desk! you talk to him and he says: "well done, ________________, you have proven yourself worthy to learn the most powerful magic: Time Magic!" you then complete the quest, get a wand, and a spell called "slow" which only allows your opponent to cast a spell below his current pip amount, and a badge called " Time Title", you equip it, are called "Novice Timmage" (Timmage is the word a made by fusing Time and Mage, it is what you call a Time Wizard) then accept the quest he gives you, and learn the spell from him" Ancient Spear" which deals 75-125 time damage.

None of my ideas have ever came into effect, plz, help this dream of mine come true, but answer what you think, dont spare the details, tell me if it is good or bad! plz!!!

THAT'S AWESOMEST IDEA FOR THE 8TH SCHOOL!

-Bailey GreenLeaf lvl 23 Theurgist

Survivor
Feb 26, 2009
YEAH i like that idea. OOOH! i got an idea for a spell! how about there's this spell that gives your teammate the health he had three rounds ago! hehe that would be awesome.

Survivor
Jan 01, 2010
I LOVE THIS IDEA. although i agree with some people about the fact that monsters will have this magic. i also think that you would have to spend loads of time loading up this SPACE BRIDGE. and the boss might as well be your teacher. i mean why put in a boss you dont have to. after that you could just learn this type of magic from ambrose. why create another school when you have an anchient teacher who does nothing but be head master. i say that ambrose should be the teacher and you should only have to fight your school teacher. other than that I LOVE IT.

Survivor
Jan 31, 2009
Kronos was the titan "LORD" of time ( :P ::as you would know if you read the Percy Jackson&The OLYMPIANS THE FITH BOOK HAS KRONOS IN IT A LOT 8):) ) also he was the father of just zeus poseidon hades hestia and hera.also he was the titan lord who was in charge of the other titans kinda like zeus being the king of the gods

Emma SeaWalker lvl.32 Magus Thergust

(p.s. i will probobly be in moshu if you want to be friends) :D

Survivor
Dec 14, 2009
I have heard a lot about the new schools and what not. If you actually look at the next world picture, it shows all the schools plus three more, star, moon and sun. I believe those will be the new schools(even though i dont really want them to be). But here is what i think the problem is: each school has a boost and resistance, so when you make a character for the new school, how will you have a boost or resistance on anything if every creature is from the original seven schools? Tell me what you think KingsIsle will do to fix this and get back to me

Sean Unicornhorn Grandmaster Necromancer

Survivor
Jan 31, 2009
ardragon wrote:
I LOVE THIS IDEA. although i agree with some people about the fact that monsters will have this magic. i also think that you would have to spend loads of time loading up this SPACE BRIDGE. and the boss might as well be your teacher. i mean why put in a boss you dont have to. after that you could just learn this type of magic from ambrose. why create another school when you have an anchient teacher who does nothing but be head master.

I have to agree with him ambrose makes us do stuff but he dosn't so it would be nice for him to do that .(it be nice for him to maybe get out, get some fresh air maybe a social life?? 8) :)(ps i hope you know i was being sarcastic about ambrose getting outside )

Survivor
Dec 14, 2009
wizard21101 wrote:
Kronos was the titan "LORD" of time ( :P ::as you would know if you read the Percy Jackson&The OLYMPIANS THE FITH BOOK HAS KRONOS IN IT A LOT 8):) ) also he was the father of just zeus poseidon hades hestia and hera.also he was the titan lord who was in charge of the other titans kinda like zeus being the king of the gods

(p.s. i will probobly be in moshu if you want to be friends) :D

Loved the Percy Jackson series. I read them all way before the movie came out

Survivor
Apr 28, 2010
I like this idea and its opposite could be Balance.

Also, I think it could be "Time and Space" but the school is called Time. So it can include Zodiac summons (Gemini Minion) etc.

I haven't seen a name for a Time Wizard;

Temporalogist
Astrologist
Temporalist
Seer
Fortuneteller
Mystic

The school comes from hope and dreams, those who always keep looking forward.

Just some ideas to keep it "with the game". Its symbol could be a star with an hourglass.

Survivor
Dec 20, 2008
Ramza1114 wrote:
Okay, A lot of you will not agree with this, but i'm gonna give this idea to Wizard101 anyway.

I have seen many ideas for an 8th school, and i have a really good one! how about a School of Time? they focus on dealing severe status affects to the enemies, and powerful support to their teammates! for an status ex: the opponent is about to hit you hard with a spell this round, but you use a spell before him, so you use a spell called " pip reverse" which takes off up to 6 pips maximum from your opponent, effectively preventing the spell for a few rounds! and for a support ex: your really lacking in health with your team, so you cast a spell called " haste" it has a 50% chance of giving your entire team an interrupt next round! but, a school this powerful can only be used by powerful players! so it has a requirement: you must complete every non-member quest, any school can learn this magic, once the requirements are met, anyway!

here is how the quest to learn the magic plays out: you meet the requirement, ambrose asks you to come to him, he tells you about a forgotten magic, then gives you a letter, he tells you to take it to your teacher, you talk to your teacher, he/she gives you a special key, then tells you to lay it on the ground where the death school used to be, you do so, and out of nowhere, a bridge appears! you walk out onto the bridge, and then you are in space! you see the bridge leading to a building, but just before you go in, a wizard appears out of nowhere! he tells you " you must prove to me if you are worthy to learn this long forgotten art!" his name is "Mystery Wizard" he is a rank 3 balance boss, with 650 health, if you manage to beat him, you go up to the building afterwards, you see a banner above its door, a spiral with a line through the north east south and west parts, and an arrow extending from the middle line ending the symbol, you walk in, and ambrose is standing in front of the desk! you talk to him and he says: "well done, ________________, you have proven yourself worthy to learn the most powerful magic: Time Magic!" you then complete the quest, get a wand, and a spell called "slow" which only allows your opponent to cast a spell below his current pip amount, and a badge called " Time Title", you equip it, are called "Novice Timmage" (Timmage is the word a made by fusing Time and Mage, it is what you call a Time Wizard) then accept the quest he gives you, and learn the spell from him" Ancient Spear" which deals 75-125 time damage.

None of my ideas have ever came into effect, plz, help this dream of mine come true, but answer what you think, dont spare the details, tell me if it is good or bad! plz!!!

love it, wizard has to send this idea forward, i got your back the whole way

Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
2 sworsa in 2 hands maybe a sword and a axe for myth ..... with attack 200 ... nuff said

Survivor
Mar 04, 2010
school of time is a great idea. I think there should be a school of love and a school of heavens. I hope kingsile likes these ideas :D

Survivor
Jun 16, 2009
To Ramza 1114 do some researche dude Kronos (also known as Cronus) was indeed the King of all titans BUT if you go further into detail it said he was the titan/god of time and ages. You see Kronos was the evil dude but the Romans turned him into father time. (Mythology is my favorite thing to read I can't get enough of it.) So if you have any further questions consult the internet of read a book about greek gods and titans