Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The 8th school:The School of Time!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 17, 2009
Ramza1114 wrote:
Okay, A lot of you will not agree with this, but i'm gonna give this idea to Wizard101 anyway.

I have seen many ideas for an 8th school, and i have a really good one! how about a School of Time? they focus on dealing severe status affects to the enemies, and powerful support to their teammates! for an status ex: the opponent is about to hit you hard with a spell this round, but you use a spell before him, so you use a spell called " pip reverse" which takes off up to 6 pips maximum from your opponent, effectively preventing the spell for a few rounds! and for a support ex: your really lacking in health with your team, so you cast a spell called " haste" it has a 50% chance of giving your entire team an interrupt next round! but, a school this powerful can only be used by powerful players! so it has a requirement: you must complete every non-member quest, any school can learn this magic, once the requirements are met, anyway!

here is how the quest to learn the magic plays out: you meet the requirement, ambrose asks you to come to him, he tells you about a forgotten magic, then gives you a letter, he tells you to take it to your teacher, you talk to your teacher, he/she gives you a special key, then tells you to lay it on the ground where the death school used to be, you do so, and out of nowhere, a bridge appears! you walk out onto the bridge, and then you are in space! you see the bridge leading to a building, but just before you go in, a wizard appears out of nowhere! he tells you " you must prove to me if you are worthy to learn this long forgotten art!" his name is "Mystery Wizard" he is a rank 3 balance boss, with 650 health, if you manage to beat him, you go up to the building afterwards, you see a banner above its door, a spiral with a line through the north east south and west parts, and an arrow extending from the middle line ending the symbol, you walk in, and ambrose is standing in front of the desk! you talk to him and he says: "well done, ________________, you have proven yourself worthy to learn the most powerful magic: Time Magic!" you then complete the quest, get a wand, and a spell called "slow" which only allows your opponent to cast a spell below his current pip amount, and a badge called " Time Title", you equip it, are called "Novice Timmage" (Timmage is the word a made by fusing Time and Mage, it is what you call a Time Wizard) then accept the quest he gives you, and learn the spell from him" Ancient Spear" which deals 75-125 time damage.

None of my ideas have ever came into effect, plz, help this dream of mine come true, but answer what you think, dont spare the details, tell me if it is good or bad! plz!!!

Justin DragonBlood, Grandmaster Thaumaturge 8)

wow if they do that ill have to start my balance person
over!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Survivor
Sep 17, 2009
Ramza1114 wrote:
You know, I expected alot of you playing Wizard101 to hate this idea, but, although not many of you have posted, it sounds like this idea is greatly liked, I'm touched people, I mostly feel...cast out by others, but you guys are really lifting my spirits, I thank you all for these supportive replys, i visit this message a lot to read replys, so if you wanna ask some questions about this idea, feel free to, i'll answer your question as best i can, remember, feel free to post any ideas you have for Time magic, Cheers!

oops! i'm autumn owlglade with a pet hound fluffy!
right now balance dosent have an opposite but what if time was?
also i like the colors! also what if there was a spell that would turn back time? it would sort of be a healing spell for 5,6 or 7 pips you turn your teammates back seven turns but not your enimies so you heal your friends? just a thought.also the simble next to a monsters rank could be a little clock. not sure for casting a spell though a clock would look to much like ice. when you draw the simble in mid air it should be white since no other school has that. :) :) :):D :D :D

Survivor
Sep 17, 2009
Ramza1114 wrote:
I have thought of new spells! They will be in order from strongest to weakest:

Bird Goddess, rank 7 spell: Summon Bartleby's sister, The Great Raven, to strike all enemies for 600 damage, as well as removing every pip from your enemies!

Ragnarok, rank 6 spell: Warp time to summon 4 Golem Tower sized ice crystals to strike your enemies for 450-500, as well as stunning your enemies!

Meteor, rank 5 spell: Warp time with so much force, you warp space as well, calling forth a meteor the size of the Dragon Titan's eye, striking the opponents for 350-400 damage.

Creation, rank 4 spell: Warp time back to when all the worlds were as one, adding a 30% boost to time magic damage.

Summon Dragoon, rank X spell: For 1-3 pips, Warp time to summon 1-3 Dragoons, legendary spear wielding warriors who can jump as high as Dragons can fly, to fight by your side.

Wyvern, rank 3 spell: summon a Wyvern(with wings!) to singe an enemy for 50+300 time damage over time.

Knight's Charge, rank 2 spell: Warp time to summon a knight on horseback, sword in hand, and charge through an enemy for 150-200.

Ancient Spear, rank 1 spell: Warp time and summon a spear to charge through an opponent for 65 - 100 damage.

If anyone has any ideas or complaints about these spells, just let me know, i'll see if i can make them to your liking, Cheers!

i like these ideas but you need less all enimies attacks

Survivor
Sep 17, 2009
monkeyhead62 wrote:
I like the idea of an eighth lost school of forgotten magic, but I think time is a little out there. So what about earth? I thought about the other schools, they have basically every other idea of magic down, except for earth. I'm not saying that the idea put together is bad or anything, I'm just saying that the change should be with the school type. I think that instead of being in Ravenwood, the school should be in Grizzlehiem instead. Other than that, you're quest is great. :D :D

hmm i think that life is basicly earth

Survivor
Sep 17, 2009
Mistoffelees1 wrote:
Great idea but instead of calling it timmage how about Kronomancer?
from the greek titan Kronos who was the titan of time just an idea

OMG!!!!!!!!! your post just gave me a great idea what if there was a world called tartarius which was to time what dragonspyre is to fire? and kronos could even be the top boss there. when you get into tartaius the world gate is at the top of a big pit like tartaius was in the myths! and then when you finish all the quests there you could get the "master of tyme" badge. plus i think tyme (thats how you could spell it) would be great for the olearys in marley bone. just sayin'.
plus to really make your idea work tyme would have to have a high fizzle rate. otherwise no one would want to study anything else.i also think you should have "tyme training points" as well as normal ones. these"tyme training points" could also be used to improve spells of your own school so if i was say death i could have say
myth spells and a dark sprite that does 120-175 damage instead of tyme spells.

Survivor
Sep 17, 2009
elementearth wrote:
What about quest spells? I don't know when they should be assigned except for one, but just some idea's... Also notice the fizzle on everything, for such a strong spell I thought EVERYTHING should have fizzle.

Name: Slow Motion (Kinda adding onto your inturrupt idea) Area of Effect
School: Time
Ability/Damage: Give Inturrupt to all allies for one turn
Fizzle: 90%
Pips: 3

Name: Rewind
Ability/Damage: Dispell next outgoing spell
Pips: 5

Name: Eyes of Bartleby (One tells past, one future... time)
Ability/Damage: 200 Time Damage, Your opponet's lose one pip for each spell played by them this turn.
Pips: 6

Name: Nic-of-Time
Ability/Damage: Heal 1000 Health to any allies defeated this turn
Pips: 2

Name: Reverse
Ability/Damage: All damage dealt this turn will be reduced to 0
Pips: 7

Name: Alpha (Charm on opponet) Level 48 spell
Ability/Damage: If Omega is on target, Reduce there health to 0
Pips: 10

Name: Omega (Charm on opponet) Level 48 spell
Ability/Damage: If Alpha is on target, Reduce there health to 0
Pips: 10

To avoid confsion, you learn The Alpha and Omega spells from the same quest. If you put one on the opponet, then the other on the opponet, they are basicly dead. And for those of you who dont know, Alpha and Omega are the begining and End of time.

i would lower the fizzle rate to about 65 chance of working

Explorer
Dec 13, 2008
Edokin99 wrote:
The only problem that I can see with it is the monsters would have it to and could use it against you that might not be a good thing other wise I like it 8)

There could be a sheild preventing some of the spells, or there could be a spell were you can see the oppenets deck of cards, called "Physic" 4 PIPS.

Survivor
Jan 20, 2009
Ya that sounds really coo land i thing it should freeze them in time for three rounds :D

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
Ooh! A spell called "Time Strike". Its a big storm of time and it clouds the enemy, stunning them for three rounds. Does 700-755 damage. It also does -45% target on the next spell. Costs 7 pips. Strikes ALL enemies.

Matthew Spritefriend, Lvl 37 Thergiust out! 8) :) :-) :D :D

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
Here's a Quest for the school! Headmaster Ambrose tells you that there's a rumour that Malistare's son had stolen back The Krokonomicon! He tells you to go to Deathwhisper Tower(One I made up next to Foulgaze's!). Then, you go there and its empty, all exept for a note! It says: You'll have to get to The Tomb Of Storms Dungeon and Challenge me for this precious Krokonomicon! Mwahahahahaha!!!:. Then, you talk to Headmaster Ambrose. He tells you: You'll need this new spell to defeat Malistare's Son Matthew Drake! Now take this spell, young student of time!:. The spell is called: Time Demon. It looks like a icky Grendel. It deals 1,000 spread in 4 rounds.
It stuns the enemy for 4 rounds and all the damage you do to it in 4 rounds, it quadrupiles!

Matthew Drake, out!/ Matthew Spritefriend, Lvl 37 Thergiust.

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
Hey how about this!: Century Storm: Does 955-1195 Damage, looks like a undersea storm typhoon, but its VERY old. 900 Damage also spread in three rounds( Attacks all enemies with both attacks!) Stuns all enemies for seven rounds, -45% Attacks Global for enemies only, gives TimeBlade to everyone. Heals for 1,000 health(Everyone on your side) Gives a Trap to all enemies, +20% next heals to good guys, -70% next heal and next precision to enemy, gives three power pips, Costs Twenty pips! +50% Damage Global to all enemies.Judging from how many pips you have, +500 damage per extra pips! :-o 8) :x :P :-P ;-) ;) lol I LIKE SMILEYS!

Survivor
Nov 15, 2009
laxmiddy wrote:
I think a ton of us wizard around here have great ideas for new schools, spells, worlds, etc. There are a few major issues with making a new school.

1.Opposing school for boosted attacks
2.Making the monsters that will become this new school
3.Making the attacks/spells and creating their animation

Also the spells you came up with are a little much and WAY to good. Your spells are just off the chart complete domination and nothing fair to the other schools. These ideas will take many months of thought and figuring out plus the time to create and add to the game. But its cool to see you thought of this idea and went far enough to get spells.

Wolf SparkleSword

Grandmaster Necromancer

I agree with Wolf. But maybe I have a solution, schools come out in triplets, right? (Storm, Fire and Ice: Myth, Death, and Life) So why not make up two other schools? This one wizard (cant remember name now) had an idea for an astronomy school (its AWESOME!) so why not add that to the tri ring for time.

Idk what to have for the third, but why not make a shortcut and have balance be strong on all three?

Does need to be toned down a bit (but cool animation ideas :D ) and you got me on the enemies. But hey we just need a bit more brainstorming :-)

T. Dunesword
Magus Theurigist

Survivor
Nov 16, 2009
Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
Hmm, mmmm! I've got it! Ok here it goes. Your secondary School Proffesor calls you to demonstrate some Time Spell. But while your getting ready a large Wraith comes in! You have to beat it. It has 2,000 health and you have to single-duel it. Its Rank: 6 and has all Death, and Time spells! After you beat it it will reach its hand out and gives you a spell! Before it leaves a shadow of an old Wizard will come out, and go away. The Wraith sinks into the ground. Then, you have to speak with the Headmaster for a new quest. He tells you to NOT use that spell until you finish the quest. If you do, you'll have to defeat the Wraith all over again. So here's the next quest called: Underground Wizard. It says you have to go into that door near Stormdrain Tower. It leads way down into a larger door. There is an old hermit Wizard putting on a Wraith disguise! He spots you and murmurs some magic words and your card the Wraith (which is really an old Wizard) makes clear and usable.Then you have to see Headmaster Ambrose. He tells you that you had earned that spell so now you get to use it! Just then a Bright Light shines on the card. The words "New Time" shines on the card! And it does 300 damage per pip, and stuns the enemy for as many pips you have.

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
Hey! I have a new quest (for level 7 Time People only!)! Well, The Quest is called: Malistare's Memories in Time. Merle Ambrose gives it. He says that you need to find what Malistare thought when he was young, and what better place than where he was raised? You have to go to Malistare's Old Tower. But before that, you have to go through this Portal called: The Portal Of Many Times. You then walk around (There is NO quest helper in that place) WC when it was younger. You go to The Myth School first for clues. There Merle Ambrose was! He was The Myth Proffesor! And you see Cyrus Drake! After Myth class you talk to Proffesor Merle Ambrose and he has no idea what you were saying but tells you to ask Cyrus if he could help. You do and he does. He takes you to their home. But then Malistare comes down, with his wand ready, and attacks knowing! Cyrus halts Malistare saying that we were FRIENDS. But Malistare strikes Cyrus down! You go to his aid but he said: Listen, you must defeat him in combat for the Spiral itself! You do. And then, Cyrus gets up with the memories you needed. But the odd thing was: How did Cyrus know? Does Time have a connection? And then Cyrus says goodbye as you enter the Portal. The next thing is seeing the terrible thoughts of Malistare Drake! He truly was trying to destroy all in his way. The Spell you get is called: Time Connection, which is bassicaly a Time Prism! Thats why I said "Time Connection" earliar lol. Cyrus does'nt think were friends now!

Survivor
Jul 05, 2009
amarveerthegreat wrote:
That idea IS AWESOME
NEEDS TO BE DONE!!

Um...I was thinking more of instead of stealing pips, because you HAVE to get pips every turn, how about take away 4 power pips?
Btw, i quoted the wrong person.
And also, what [school] would creatures of this type boost and resist? Balance, perhaps? I don't know.

Christopher Storm Level 48 Diviner
In Arena or DragonSpyre!

Survivor
Aug 25, 2009
come on let the dream come true but the thing is that i am level 43 so it will be easy to kill him make him have 1,000 ok otherwise its so cool :-) :)

Survivor
Aug 25, 2009
amarveerthegreat wrote:
That idea IS AWESOME
NEEDS TO BE DONE!!
yes needs to be done but i am level 43 so easy guy to beat

Survivor
Aug 25, 2009
Ramza1114 wrote:
Okay, A lot of you will not agree with this, but i'm gonna give this idea to Wizard101 anyway.

I have seen many ideas for an 8th school, and i have a really good one! how about a School of Time? they focus on dealing severe status affects to the enemies, and powerful support to their teammates! for an status ex: the opponent is about to hit you hard with a spell this round, but you use a spell before him, so you use a spell called " pip reverse" which takes off up to 6 pips maximum from your opponent, effectively preventing the spell for a few rounds! and for a support ex: your really lacking in health with your team, so you cast a spell called " haste" it has a 50% chance of giving your entire team an interrupt next round! but, a school this powerful can only be used by powerful players! so it has a requirement: you must complete every non-member quest, any school can learn this magic, once the requirements are met, anyway!

here is how the quest to learn the magic plays out: you meet the requirement, ambrose asks you to come to him, he tells you about a forgotten magic, then gives you a letter, he tells you to take it to your teacher, you talk to your teacher, he/she gives you a special key, then tells you to lay it on the ground where the death school used to be, you do so, and out of nowhere, a bridge appears! you walk out onto the bridge, and then you are in space! you see the bridge leading to a building, but just before you go in, a wizard appears out of nowhere! he tells you " you must prove to me if you are worthy to learn this long forgotten art!" his name is "Mystery Wizard" he is a rank 3 balance boss, with 650 health, if you manage to beat him, you go up to the building afterwards, you see a banner above its door, a spiral with a line through the north east south and west parts, and an arrow extending from the middle line ending the symbol, you walk in, and ambrose is standing in front of the desk! you talk to him and he says: "well done, ________________, you have proven yourself worthy to learn the most powerful magic: Time Magic!" you then complete the quest, get a wand, and a spell called "slow" which only allows your opponent to cast a spell below his current pip amount, and a badge called " Time Title", you equip it, are called "Novice Timmage" (Timmage is the word a made by fusing Time and Mage, it is what you call a Time Wizard) then accept the quest he gives you, and learn the spell from him" Ancient Spear" which deals 75-125 time damage.

None of my ideas have ever came into effect, plz, help this dream of mine come true, but answer what you think, dont spare the details, tell me if it is good or bad! plz!!!

dont you think that guy would be easy to beat and i am level 43 so easy otherwise that is cool they have to make the time place you want

Survivor
Aug 25, 2009
IamLezul wrote:
Ok...WHOA! That idea is SOOOOOO awesome! You know what, lets have you take over kingsisle! I mean that idea is like...WOW! I have no idea how you can think of stuff like that. You have everything planned out so good, that i can imagine me walking over to try to get into the time school! That would be amazing! I love your ideas! Ok, the spells: Brilliant! Keep making new ideas, and i really hope kingsisle makes your dreams true! (cause now, putting the whole time school thing into wizard101 are my dreams, too!!!!!!)

Kestrel Ghostwalker~lvl 42 Master sorcerer :D :D :D :D :D
well how about a wizard 101 2 ware you can be a death then be on malistair because he back from the dead and at end your malistair or you can be on headmasters side and be headmaster at the end cool right pleas send back but you get these forbiden spells as malistair or headmaster or cyrus drake

Survivor
Dec 22, 2009
im sorry but i think that the time school would be just a little to powerful for there own good [i could be wrong though] i mean whats up for it in the others [expessially balance,its alot like you were saying...Things like power play,gives you a power pip chance.your one just takes of your opponents pips] plus im an ice wizard,but i think balance is the smartest school there will be.power pip chance,judgement.But the thing im trying to get through here is that your school sounds great.But its to powerful,so powerful that everyone will be a timmage.

also...the school of fire.there spells can stop enemies doing fire spells...
the school of ice... they have a huge health capacity [but weaker spells]
storm...MASSIVE amount of damage done by spells but alot less health
life.. can heal themselves but have a smaller amount of attack spells
myth...have strong spells but dont have as much health
death...can take enemies health and put it into themselves but sadly there teacher is evil
balance:are good at ajusting the rules in play

see the pattern? there is a good and bad side to every school...your one doesn't have anything bad about.it's perfect,but its just that bit too perfect for it's own good

Survivor
Aug 25, 2009
meerkat234 wrote:
im sorry but i think that the time school would be just a little to powerful for there own good [i could be wrong though] i mean whats up for it in the others [expessially balance,its alot like you were saying...Things like power play,gives you a power pip chance.your one just takes of your opponents pips] plus im an ice wizard,but i think balance is the smartest school there will be.power pip chance,judgement.But the thing im trying to get through here is that your school sounds great.But its to powerful,so powerful that everyone will be a timmage.

also...the school of fire.there spells can stop enemies doing fire spells...
the school of ice... they have a huge health capacity [but weaker spells]
storm...MASSIVE amount of damage done by spells but alot less health
life.. can heal themselves but have a smaller amount of attack spells
myth...have strong spells but dont have as much health
death...can take enemies health and put it into themselves but sadly there teacher is evil
balance:are good at ajusting the rules in play

see the pattern? there is a good and bad side to every school...your one doesn't have anything bad about.it's perfect,but its just that bit too perfect for it's own good
dont you thimk its cool like be him and have all these new spells that are forbiden

Survivor
Dec 13, 2009
Ramza1114 wrote:
You know, I expected alot of you playing Wizard101 to hate this idea, but, although not many of you have posted, it sounds like this idea is greatly liked, I'm touched people, I mostly feel...cast out by others, but you guys are really lifting my spirits, I thank you all for these supportive replys, i visit this message a lot to read replys, so if you wanna ask some questions about this idea, feel free to, i'll answer your question as best i can, remember, feel free to post any ideas you have for Time magic, Cheers!

Wow man that is a great deal! BUT! you forgot one thing that I haven't seen so far.... The time school has to be weak to something and strong to something just like all the other schools... Unless you intended it to be for like lvl 45 or Grandmasters only then it really wouldn't but otherwise it does need some opposing spell type. Great ideas btw

Mastermind
Jun 25, 2009
how about school of space your teacher sommons you and says come to me its very important you go to your teacher and gives you some space dust walk outside your school throw it up at the sky it vanashes then a portal opens go in the portal your in space walk in the space school and the teachers name is zanzia ( zan-zi-a) the first spell is murcury does 80 damage second spell venus 150 damage third spell earth 230 damage spacetrap spaceblade fourth spell mars 400 damage fith spell saturn 600 damage sixth spell uranus 800 damage ds spell amazing jupiter an mind-blowing 1000 damage hope you like my idea and school colors are black and indigo

Survivor
Dec 13, 2009
grendel6 wrote:
why give such a powerful school such a high success rate, it is like giving storm 90% but, although that would be cool, it is unfair to other players.

Not necessarily if either it was like only grandmaster magic and or it was like high magus magic with fewer cards. and it would ofcourse have to be available to everyone. But making a new schoolof time only then yes it would be way unfair, but if you made like a quest thing that taught you a third school of time magic with like 4-6 spells that were really good then it would both be fair and SUPER CRAZY AWESOME WOOT WOOT GO TIME. I vote it be grandmaster only and that a new world is made for time questing for grandmasters to add on another storyline to the game.