Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The 8th school:The School of Time!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 31, 2009
I think your idea is GREAT .Only thing i say is to drop the boss health down our let it be a lvl 15 quest so that who ever is doing the quest has a sporting chance at geting to the school and geting the spells. I also have a idea for the last card you get,you get a quest from the time teacher from him/her and it says to defeat malister(i know that sounds hard and stuiped)and then get the forgoten book of time spells when you defeat malister, the book appers in the back of the room with the soul of malister with it, he then says "All these years i've keep this book hiden from all peopleso that no one could learn its magic, i think that you should take this book back and show it to the forgoten time teacher now go"(the forgoten time teacher is the time teacher that you got the quest and spells from) and then you read the book and bring it back to the time teacher whitch he/she then gives you a time spel called "time attack"whitch is a creature from time comes out of no were and does 700 damange and does 800 damange over 5 turns(whitch sounds like fire elf or any other damange per turn thing that i dont know) so that leads up to a grand total of 4,700 damange altogether includeing the damange it does when it hits.I think that this should be let out to the wizard 101 gamer world.

Sincerly
Brandon Deathstalker lvl 23
P.S. Keep your dreams high and it be shore to go out to wizard 101.
P.S.S Dont listen to what the gms say if it is a bad comment and stay close to your dreams and hope.
P.S.S.S Make some offenses creatures so that its not the "damange per turn school"so it can be the "i kick your butt school

Survivor
Aug 14, 2009
That's good, but I think they're already trying to come out with an 8th, 9th, and 10th school! Instead of "Elements" or "Spirits" it's called "Astral Magic". It includes Star, Moon, and Sun! Rumor has it their bringing out a new world with it! It's called "Celestia"!

Survivor
May 30, 2009
I think that is classified as cheating your way through fights

Survivor
Dec 24, 2008
Wow dude, awesome idea. I talked it over with my friend, and here's how I think it should go: after you beat malistare (cause come on, this is a flipping awesome-and crazy powerful-school), and not just him but the quest (take that low levels ) then merle summons you: "Ah yes, (insert name here) I have another task to ask of you. Apparently, though you defeated malistare, something else has arrisen in wizard city. I would like you, my favorite student, to investigate." So yada yada as your idea with the whole, " go to where the death school was" thing. Then it's pretty much the same, but keep in mind you ARE a level 40 somehting, so it's gonna be tough. Then boom! YOU CAN BECOME THE ULTIMATE SCHOOL: THE SCHOOL OF TIME (insert a million mwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahas here). Epic, right? and YES, the boss can interupt and all that. Picture it like the epic archtype in city of heros.

Survivor
Jul 18, 2009
Good idea but why add an eighth school?
We already have seven that are all prepared and it would take Wizard101 quite a while to add in school Time but great moves. :D I f you want help my wizard is Mitchell Mythshard level 41 usually on sever ambrose

Survivor
Mar 21, 2009
Yea dude that is awesome although it kinda reminds me of balance and like most players they hate balance no offense to balance students so its pretty good but we dont really need a newer school

~David TitanBlade~
Grandmaster Thamaturage

Survivor
Jun 18, 2009
awsome :D :D :D a new school here are some new spell Time freeze makes all oppents unable to cast spells for 4 turns and gives 1 power pip to ALL teammates for 4 turns needs 4 pips and 4 mana

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
I think there should be a rank 2 spell that takes you back to the very beggining of the battle with full health and the enemies health stays the same as it was in the time you did the spell

Hope this helped , mman17

Rank 28, Adept wizard Matthew SpriteFriend :D!

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
Another Time Spell. A spell that stuns the enemy for 3 rounds and all of the damage the monsters [ etc.] you get health for it.

mman17

Matthew Spritefriend, Rank 28 Adept Thergiust

Survivor
Dec 24, 2008
The Time School! That It Cool i Like It To Come Out!! :) :) :) :) :) :)

Survivor
Aug 31, 2008
So sorry for no posts in a while, but, if too hard to grasp, i am, in this message, going to go over the basics of time magic:

Name of Magic:Time.
Name of people who study it:Tempamancers.
Type of Gameplay:Major Supporters and Heavy Hitters(nukers).
Diffuculty to learn(spell quests):Somewhat hard, recommended for intermediate and advanced players.
School colors:White and Red.
School Gemstone:pearl.
Teacher:Merle Ambrose, or other new person.
Monsters:???(this is all your choice right here, KingsIsle).
Strong against:Balance.
Weak against:Balance,Fire,Ice,Storm,Time.
Clothing style: old things, like ancient cloaks.
Weapon types:Mostly Staves, few wands and swords.
Pet types:things that have very longs lives, like dragons and any time-involved creatures.
Symbol:a spiral with a clock hand and 15-min marks.
World of Origin:Somewhere where Time is Involved a lot(again,KingIsle, your choice, make it one of the other coming worlds, or make a new one where time is involved).

A lot to handle and remember, i know, some of these i came up with while writing this message, too! also, feel free to, if you have any ideas or changes you wanna make, lemme know in a reply, i'll try my best to make this to your liking, Cheers!

Justin DragonBlood, Grandmaster Thaumaturge
Hunter StormWraith, Journeyman Pyromancer 8).

Survivor
Dec 10, 2008
monkeyhead62 wrote:
I like the idea of an eighth lost school of forgotten magic, but I think time is a little out there. So what about earth? I thought about the other schools, they have basically every other idea of magic down, except for earth. I'm not saying that the idea put together is bad or anything, I'm just saying that the change should be with the school type. I think that instead of being in Ravenwood, the school should be in Grizzlehiem instead. Other than that, you're quest is great. :D :D

I have to go with the school of earth, but you need a triangle. How about time, wind, and earth? Time opposes Balance and Wind and Earth oppose each other.

Survivor
Dec 10, 2008
elementearth wrote:
What about quest spells? I don't know when they should be assigned except for one, but just some idea's... Also notice the fizzle on everything, for such a strong spell I thought EVERYTHING should have fizzle.

Name: Slow Motion (Kinda adding onto your inturrupt idea) Area of Effect
School: Time
Ability/Damage: Give Inturrupt to all allies for one turn
Fizzle: 90%
Pips: 3

Name: Rewind
Ability/Damage: Dispell next outgoing spell
Pips: 5

Name: Eyes of Bartleby (One tells past, one future... time)
Ability/Damage: 200 Time Damage, Your opponet's lose one pip for each spell played by them this turn.
Pips: 6

Name: Nic-of-Time
Ability/Damage: Heal 1000 Health to any allies defeated this turn
Pips: 2

Name: Reverse
Ability/Damage: All damage dealt this turn will be reduced to 0
Pips: 7

Name: Alpha (Charm on opponet) Level 48 spell
Ability/Damage: If Omega is on target, Reduce there health to 0
Pips: 10

Name: Omega (Charm on opponet) Level 48 spell
Ability/Damage: If Alpha is on target, Reduce there health to 0

To avoid confsion, you learn The Alpha and Omega spells from the same quest. If you put one on the opponet, then the other on the opponet, they are basicly dead. And for those of you who dont know, Alpha and Omega are the begining and End of time.

Also, no one probably cares but Alpha and Omega are the first and last letters of the greek alphabet. and really you'd need at least three power pips to perform the spells.

Survivor
Aug 31, 2008
cwillj wrote:
monkeyhead62 wrote:
I like the idea of an eighth lost school of forgotten magic, but I think time is a little out there. So what about earth? I thought about the other schools, they have basically every other idea of magic down, except for earth. I'm not saying that the idea put together is bad or anything, I'm just saying that the change should be with the school type. I think that instead of being in Ravenwood, the school should be in Grizzlehiem instead. Other than that, you're quest is great. :D :D

I have to go with the school of earth, but you need a triangle. How about time, wind, and earth? Time opposes Balance and Wind and Earth oppose each other.

Smart thinking! a whole new triangle! but the problem is: the triangle is already used on both sides, how can you put in a third triangle?

Delver
Jun 30, 2009
Here can be a spell

-Time Delay. (level 28)
A spell is cast on the opponent and it has like a shield like object except it is distracting it over a series of rounds, depending on the amount of pips you have...

Survivor
Jun 25, 2009
they should have a dividation school.
i think the frog said it ment storm, but it is realy predicting the future
I am almost great at it

Survivor
Mar 08, 2009
It would be ok, I guess. But there are a few flaws. You would have to have a horrible attack. Also, during player vs player matches, you would have an unfair advantage. That would be a little too powerful if you ask me. Cool ideas though. And, if it did come out, i'd probably have a wizard that is a time type.

Explorer
Oct 24, 2008
Survivor
May 26, 2009
I dont want to hurt your feelings but that pretty much wouldnt work think about it. thats like giving a sertain school like a 400 succes rate and leaving the others in the dust srry it just doesnt make sence

Survivor
Sep 11, 2009
I HAVE A GREAT IDEA! Its the last spell you earn. The portal door spell! Heres what it does its takes all of the remaining health ur enemy has but theres a catch only 5% accurancy! Ok heres wat would happen: first someone would activate the spell then a portal door would burst out of the ground and open up. Then u would be looking at ur opponent and a blob of energy comes out and goes into the door. PLZ REPLY

Survivor
Dec 24, 2008
Ramza1114 wrote:
You know, I expected alot of you playing Wizard101 to hate this idea, but, although not many of you have posted, it sounds like this idea is greatly liked, I'm touched people, I mostly feel...cast out by others, but you guys are really lifting my spirits, I thank you all for these supportive replys, i visit this message a lot to read replys, so if you wanna ask some questions about this idea, feel free to, i'll answer your question as best i can, remember, feel free to post any ideas you have for Time magic, Cheers!

Justin DragonBlood, Grandmaster Thaumaturge 8)
:)Yeah!we should have something like that because balance seems to have no opposite and you have seen how monsters can do twisted versions of spells like a storm snowman so they dont need time spells and ancient spear sounds awesome but it should have the strength of like 240-300 and the school should be no training points and level 16+! :D 8) :) :-)

Survivor
Dec 24, 2008
shootingstar415 wrote:
Ramza1114 wrote:
I have thought of new spells! They will be in order from strongest to weakest:

Bird Goddess, rank 7 spell: Summon Bartleby's sister, The Great Raven, to strike all enemies for 600 damage, as well as removing every pip from your enemies!

Ragnarok, rank 6 spell: Warp time to summon 4 Golem Tower sized ice crystals to strike your enemies for 450-500, as well as stunning your enemies!

Meteor, rank 5 spell: Warp time with so much force, you warp space as well, calling forth a meteor the size of the Dragon Titan's eye, striking the opponents for 350-400 damage.

Creation, rank 4 spell: Warp time back to when all the worlds were as one, adding a 30% boost to time magic damage.

Summon Dragoon, rank X spell: For 1-3 pips, Warp time to summon 1-3 Dragoons, legendary spear wielding warriors who can jump as high as Dragons can fly, to fight by your side.

Wyvern, rank 3 spell: summon a Wyvern(with wings!) to singe an enemy for 50+300 time damage over time.

Knight's Charge, rank 2 spell: Warp time to summon a knight on horseback, sword in hand, and charge through an enemy for 150-200.

Ancient Spear, rank 1 spell: Warp time and summon a spear to charge through an opponent for 65 - 100 damage.

If anyone has any ideas or complaints about these spells, just let me know, i'll see if i can make them to your liking, Cheers!

Justin DragonBlood, Grandmaster Thaumaturge 8)

Wow. This is an amazing idea. I hope the staff from wizard101 is considering this idea. It really sounds like fun. You are like a genius for making up cool ideas.
Yeah that is good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :D :-) :P :x

Survivor
Apr 25, 2009
elementearth wrote:
What about quest spells? I don't know when they should be assigned except for one, but just some idea's... Also notice the fizzle on everything, for such a strong spell I thought EVERYTHING should have fizzle.

Name: Slow Motion (Kinda adding onto your inturrupt idea) Area of Effect
Ability/Damage: Give Inturrupt to all allies for one turn
Pips: 3

Name: Rewind
Ability/Damage: Dispell next outgoing spell
Pips: 5

Name: Eyes of Bartleby (One tells past, one future... time)
Ability/Damage: 200 Time Damage, Your opponet's lose one pip for each spell played by them this turn.
Pips: 6

Name: Nic-of-Time
Ability/Damage: Heal 1000 Health to any allies defeated this turn
Pips: 2

Name: Reverse
Ability/Damage: All damage dealt this turn will be reduced to 0
Pips: 7

Name: Alpha (Charm on opponet) Level 48 spell
Ability/Damage: If Omega is on target, Reduce there health to 0

Name: Omega (Charm on opponet) Level 48 spell
Ability/Damage: If Alpha is on target, Reduce there health to 0

To avoid confsion, you learn The Alpha and Omega spells from the same quest. If you put one on the opponet, then the other on the opponet, they are basicly dead. And for those of you who dont know, Alpha and Omega are the begining and End of time.

i think that every spell here would be really cool to learn... but its basically overpowering. The accuracy is way high . Anyone battling someone with those spells doesnt really stand a chance. i'm not sayin your ideas arent good, i think there great, but really like other people have said before me, this would be a school that would rule over the others... there would be no point in playing like a fire wizard if everyone else is playing a time wizard. especially the heal allies for 1000 health...... life wizards cant even do that with a satyr if they dont have any healing boosts and a satyr costs 4 pips whilenic-of-time costs 2 pips. i just think you should change a few things, but all in all it would be really cool to be able to learn those spells.

Survivor
Apr 25, 2009
I think the idea for a time school would be great. But after reading almost every comment and spell suggestions i realized that its pretty unfair. It's giving a wizard great defensive skills and great attacking skills. Its not very fair to the other people in the game who dont play as a time wizard. Its like creating a super wizard.
Also most of the spells you suggested are attacking every one of your enemies, which isnt very fair to the other schools. Mostly the every other school only has 1 or 2 attacks that deal damage to every enemy. So if the time school has more than 2 it would be very unfair.
Also it seems to me like the attacks should have a lower accuracy than 90% because then the time wizard would barely fizzle and a time wizard would also deal somewhat of a lot of damage and then either stunning the targets are removing their pips. So 90% accuracy is very unfair.
Your idea is awesome and a lot of people agree. Your idea just needs a few minor changes. And i do hope that your idea is looked into by kingsisle.

Jenna
lvl 48 Pyromancer.

Survivor
Sep 07, 2008