Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The 8th school:The School of Time!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 08, 2009
that is awesome but for the equierments i think to get to use time magic you need to kill lord nightshade. just suggesting i think it sounds cool though! i can't wait until it happens!

Survivor
Jul 31, 2009
slaywillis wrote:
that is awesome but for the equierments i think to get to use time magic you need to kill lord nightshade. just suggesting i think it sounds cool though! i can't wait until it happens!

I think all these ideas are good but way to powerful. Maybe this should be like in a new game of Wizard101. Like for Wizard10(2) there should be 7 schools like last time but these are in a different galaxy that Merlin sent you as the last quest. You get to Wizard102. Then you start as a level fifty. But as soon as you start a school you go to 0 again. You get schools like space, time, god (like equal; very long time to learn), lava (like fire only more powerful), undead (like death but heals you all of them damage you do), love, and hate. The new boss is Merlin himself (Malistare; his brother, turns he evil) (and since he goes bad at your final level so you beat him). And then you go to Wizard10(3!) and I have no idea what Wizard103 is...

Historian
Jun 14, 2009
Ramza1114 wrote:
I have thought of new spells! They will be in order from strongest to weakest:

Bird Goddess, rank 7 spell: Summon Bartleby's sister, The Great Raven, to strike all enemies for 600 damage, as well as removing every pip from your enemies!

Ragnarok, rank 6 spell: Warp time to summon 4 Golem Tower sized ice crystals to strike your enemies for 450-500, as well as stunning your enemies!

Meteor, rank 5 spell: Warp time with so much force, you warp space as well, calling forth a meteor the size of the Dragon Titan's eye, striking the opponents for 350-400 damage.

Creation, rank 4 spell: Warp time back to when all the worlds were as one, adding a 30% boost to time magic damage.

Summon Dragoon, rank X spell: For 1-3 pips, Warp time to summon 1-3 Dragoons, legendary spear wielding warriors who can jump as high as Dragons can fly, to fight by your side.

Wyvern, rank 3 spell: summon a Wyvern(with wings!) to singe an enemy for 50+300 time damage over time.

Knight's Charge, rank 2 spell: Warp time to summon a knight on horseback, sword in hand, and charge through an enemy for 150-200.

Ancient Spear, rank 1 spell: Warp time and summon a spear to charge through an opponent for 65 - 100 damage.

If anyone has any ideas or complaints about these spells, just let me know, i'll see if i can make them to your liking, Cheers!

Justin DragonBlood, Grandmaster Thaumaturge 8)

I am so glad you posted this. My daughter and I were just discussing a Time School, believe it or not. I think it is a fantastic idea.

The only suggestion that I have is the name for the meteor spell. Since there are already meteor spells, why not call it father time, since he controls time.

Survivor
May 23, 2009
Ramza1114 wrote:
Okay, A lot of you will not agree with this, but i'm gonna give this idea to Wizard101 anyway.

I have seen many ideas for an 8th school, and i have a really good one! how about a School of Time? they focus on dealing severe status affects to the enemies, and powerful support to their teammates! for an status ex: the opponent is about to hit you hard with a spell this round, but you use a spell before him, so you use a spell called " pip reverse" which takes off up to 6 pips maximum from your opponent, effectively preventing the spell for a few rounds! and for a support ex: your really lacking in health with your team, so you cast a spell called " haste" it has a 50% chance of giving your entire team an interrupt next round! but, a school this powerful can only be used by powerful players! so it has a requirement: you must complete every non-member quest, any school can learn this magic, once the requirements are met, anyway!

here is how the quest to learn the magic plays out: you meet the requirement, ambrose asks you to come to him, he tells you about a forgotten magic, then gives you a letter, he tells you to take it to your teacher, you talk to your teacher, he/she gives you a special key, then tells you to lay it on the ground where the death school used to be, you do so, and out of nowhere, a bridge appears! you walk out onto the bridge, and then you are in space! you see the bridge leading to a building, but just before you go in, a wizard appears out of nowhere! he tells you " you must prove to me if you are worthy to learn this long forgotten art!" his name is "Mystery Wizard" he is a rank 3 balance boss, with 650 health, if you manage to beat him, you go up to the building afterwards, you see a banner above its door, a spiral with a line through the north east south and west parts, and an arrow extending from the middle line ending the symbol, you walk in, and ambrose is standing in front of the desk! you talk to him and he says: "well done, ________________, you have proven yourself worthy to learn the most powerful magic: Time Magic!" you then complete the quest, get a wand, and a spell called "slow" which only allows your opponent to cast a spell below his current pip amount, and a badge called " Time Title", you equip it, are called "Novice Timmage" (Timmage is the word a made by fusing Time and Mage, it is what you call a Time Wizard) then accept the quest he gives you, and learn the spell from him" Ancient Spear" which deals 75-125 time damage.

None of my ideas have ever came into effect, plz, help this dream of mine come true, but answer what you think, dont spare the details, tell me if it is good or bad! plz!!!

this idea rocks!!! i love the ideas i hope they take this into consideration deffinatly. Wolf RavenBlood, Grandmaster Necromancer

Survivor
Oct 19, 2008
I love the idea of a time skool. But I dont like the fact that you have to have requierments and stuff like that. Also enemys would have to learn that to and that wouldnt be a good thing. I understand and love the idea. Now this is completely different but see im a life wizard and like we heal people and you know how the myth school and other schools attack all enemys but i think a THERIGIST wizard (life) could learn a spell called "WILDVINE" that deals like 445-520 damage. That would be awsome I am a life wizard, and my name is TYLER. Thats it!

Survivor
Jul 01, 2009
That is awesome!!! but at what level would you defeat that boss? at level 1 it would be IMPOSSIBLE well almost!!!!!! i was thinking of the school of water ..... but this is cool

if ya know me i'm Jordan Stormrider level 28 pyromancer :D :D :D

Survivor
Jun 24, 2008
Ramza1114 wrote:
...so you cast a spell called "haste"...

...you then complete the quest, get a wand, and a spell called "slow" ...

Just to point something out, these are spells part of the Final Fantasy series lol.

But anyway, I would take a liking to Time Magic if it ever came out! Here is another idea I thought about, if you dont mind me sharing it:

Time Machine- X Pips

A spell that sends an enemy or ally back to a certain turn, therefore gaining the number of pips they had that turn, depending on the number of pips the caster has. Ex: If you use the spell while having 1 pip, you send the ally/enemy back 1 turn. So, if they have 1 pip now, but last turn they had 6, you use time machine on them, and they gain 6 pips because of the number of pips they had that turn.

Just felt like sharing an idea :D

Survivor
Dec 17, 2008
Love the idea but the spells are a little much
Maybe tone it down a bit, like for the big spells, make some of them hit one enemy not all and make the damage go down by like 50

I also have an idea for another school
its wind, i just noticed that the element schools have ice fire and water but don't have wind. here attacks one through three, i will think of more

twister- a twister comes out of the ground and hits the enemy for 70-105 damage

Power blow- a giant wind blowing out of a cload Hits 70 to all enemys and takes one pip away from a random enemy

breaker slash-breaks all shield on one enemy

hope you liked them i will think of more

Survivor
Jan 28, 2009
Ramza1114 wrote:
Thank you both for these generous answers, but you may be right, having a monster using these spells on you could REALLY spell trouble, but i am working on ideas as well along with these current ones, if you have any ideas of your own for this magic, feel free to say what you wish, oh! by the way, the colors for the school are dark purple and red! Thank you once again!

whats the school gemstone

Explorer
Jun 24, 2008
Very Awesome Idea....but....
The school would be too powerful and sort of unessesary. If there was a school of time then... there would be much to the story. If the Teacher of Time was too go back and stop Malistaire before he becomes too powerful or if the teacher and all the other schools and Merle were to go back, then that would defeat the puspose of us, the players, to fight Malistaire and we wouldn't have much of a purpose anymore.

Again, awesome idea but unnessary, sorry. :(

Survivor
Aug 28, 2009
well when finishing every non-member quest i was only lvl 10. thats not very powerful. but awesome idea!

Survivor
Aug 28, 2009
also I don't think it would be fair to call it "the most powerful magic" but if it was you shouldnt be able to be in the school of time, just learn the spells. exp) its only a secondary school. because if you could be in the school of time, that makes you more powerful than the other 6.

Survivor
Dec 18, 2008
First make us able to get all 7 schools in one account first ok?As of now you can only hold 6. other than that i love idea. hate accuracy idea... just power down spells a little sheesh lol good luck guys

Survivor
Jun 24, 2009
WOW! you are really good dude i like all your ideas and i hope the your ideas come tru because they are good.

Survivor
Apr 18, 2009
i love the idea, bot perhaps there is a better option: Chaos. this school would do many of the same things that Time does, exept there would also be a random, desirable effect. the spells would have to be powered down of course, to make up for said effect.

Explorer
Dec 15, 2008
Survivor
Dec 14, 2008
Ramza1114 wrote:

Bird Goddess, rank 7 spell: Summon Bartleby's sister, The Great Raven, to strike all enemies for 600 damage, as well as removing every pip from your enemies!

Ragnarok, rank 6 spell: Warp time to summon 4 Golem Tower sized ice crystals to strike your enemies for 450-500, as well as stunning your enemies!

Meteor, rank 5 spell: Warp time with so much force, you warp space as well, calling forth a meteor the size of the Dragon Titan's eye, striking the opponents for 350-400 damage.

Creation, rank 4 spell: Warp time back to when all the worlds were as one, adding a 30% boost to time magic damage.

Summon Dragoon, rank X spell: For 1-3 pips, Warp time to summon 1-3 Dragoons, legendary spear wielding warriors who can jump as high as Dragons can fly, to fight by your side.

Wyvern, rank 3 spell: summon a Wyvern(with wings!) to singe an enemy for 50+300 time damage over time.

Knight's Charge, rank 2 spell: Warp time to summon a knight on horseback, sword in hand, and charge through an enemy for 150-200.

Ancient Spear, rank 1 spell: Warp time and summon a spear to charge through an opponent for 65 - 100 damage.

If anyone has any ideas or complaints about these spells, just let me know, i'll see if i can make them to your liking, Cheers!

well you might have to start as a "timmage" to lern the bird goddes but the rAk seven spell is kinda un balanced 600 and remove all pips i like the pps idea and you sould bring down the power. power nova hits 475 like frost giant so try making the power 500

Survivor
May 04, 2009
Chool121 wrote:
Ramza1114 wrote:

well you might have to start as a "timmage" to lern the bird goddes but the rAk seven spell is kinda un balanced 600 and remove all pips i like the pps idea and you sould bring down the power. power nova hits 475 like frost giant so try making the power 500

another cool one would be like animal or something make dragons and wolves pop up

Survivor
Apr 07, 2009
I love your ideas but the requirments are WAY TOO MUCH!Also maybe you should make a world were ONLY time magic is aloud.In other words it would be the "realm" of time magic,so all the monsters would be time too.
I think this would be great publicity for Kingsile.(Ex:for tv commercials like say something like "all new realm exclusive with code" and then you would show a code somethig like time realm )
Alexis DragonFlame 8)
lvl 30 life

Survivor
Apr 07, 2009
:|
phearsomm wrote:
monkeyhead62 wrote:
I like the idea of an eighth lost school of forgotten magic, but I think time is a little out there. So what about earth? I thought about the other schools, they have basically every other idea of magic down, except for earth. I'm not saying that the idea put together is bad or anything, I'm just saying that the change should be with the school type. I think that instead of being in Ravenwood, the school should be in Grizzlehiem instead. Other than that, you're quest is great. :D :D

There already is an earth school. The is life which has spells that summons tree people, and there is myth which has earthquake. Besides earth isnt really a specific school.
i agree

Survivor
Apr 07, 2009
Mistoffelees1 wrote:
Great idea but instead of calling it timmage how about Kronomancer?
from the greek titan Kronos who was the titan of time just an idea
that is SUCH a good idea ;-) i love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Did you get the idea from Percy Jackson and the Olypians?
Alexis DragonRider
lvl 30 life
ps Percy Jackson and the Olypians is a great book i'd recommed it to anyone

Explorer
Dec 12, 2008
I'll just keep this short since i don't feel like going in-depth. But simply put the games combat system is too straight forward and adding new spell schools that get really technical or just function in a different manner than how the previous schools were designed to function in the game and combat one another, can unbalance combat and or require a major revamp of the current system. This could mean rebuilding the system from the ground up and risk losing a portion of the player base. An example would be creating a video game based on piloting jets and then saying hey guys we're sorry but with the new update all you can do is ride these new horses we made in a virtual backyard simulation, have fun with you new fenced in galloping adventure. This isn't like Yu-Gi-Oh or Magic The Gathering with ever changing rule sets and new card functions built around "Flexible Core Games" for new additions, its a quite the opposite but not many see it that way.

Survivor
Feb 21, 2009
Hello? The school of Time is the same thing as MYTH! For example, the robe called: the vestment of the yesteryear is myth.

Survivor
Jun 24, 2008
zinger12357 wrote:
Hello? The school of Time is the same thing as MYTH! For example, the robe called: the vestment of the yesteryear is myth.

Wow....a piece of cloth is named "Yesteryear" and it automatically involves time.

The history of Myth is based on casting spells involving stories and imagination. This has NOTHING, to do with Time. Unless you wanna get technical with it, stories are passed down form generation to generation, like in real life. But other than that, nothing about Myth involves time whatsoever.

I love the idea of Time magic btw, but It might need some toning down, and some side effects to spells when casting them too.

Explorer
Dec 12, 2008
zinger12357 wrote:

And a robe implies that bringing creatures of story and myth to life through the power of imagination combined with magic is the same as controlling another players pips how?