Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The 8th school:The School of Time!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 31, 2008
Yes, I know, the spells are overpowered, but there is a catch: the highereingthe rank of spell, the more chances it has of fizzling, like so, take 90% ancient spear, then, take Bird Goddess, being 6 ranks higher, it has a 60% higher chance of fizzling, do you see where i am going? the higher and more powerful the spell and pip rank, the higher your chances of fizzling, this is what is known as EQUIVILENT EXCHANGE!!!

btw, i read these ideas, and complaints, and i agree, elementearth, a lot of your spells make sense, i shall add them:

Name: Slow Motion (Kinda adding onto your inturrupt idea) Area of Effect
School: Time
Ability/Damage: Give Inturrupt to all allies for one turn
Fizzle: 90%
Pips: 3

Name: Rewind
Ability/Damage: Dispell next outgoing spell
Pips: 5

Name: Reverse
Ability/Damage: All damage dealt this turn will be reduced to 0
Pips: 7

Name: Alpha (Charm on opponet) Level 38 spell
Ability/Damage: If Omega is on target, Reduce there health to 0
Pips: 10

Name: Omega (Charm on opponet) Level 42 spell
Ability/Damage: If Alpha is on target, Reduce there health to 0
Pips: 10

I reduced lvl amount on Alpha and Omega because Bird Goddess is Time's lvl48 spell, Father time is good too, but let's reduce damage amount to...100 per pip, and has 50% chance of working.
Mistoffelees1, Kronos was god of titans, not time, and was also, believe it or not, Zues' father!
good point, Proman1355, that is a little dumb of me, i also have added extra, balance is now boosted against Time, and Time is boosted by Balance and the elements: Fire, Ice, and Storm.
yes, a good idea, phearsomm, a trap that activates the second a 1-7 pip spell is thrown.
Laxmiddy, remember, this is still an idea being made, i also said you can post your own ideas about it as well, so if you have ideas for monsters, post them, and yes, the spells and animations are important, but that is something to leave to KI.
Agreed qXILL, lets just make it all power pips become regular pips, its fairer that way in a bit, right?
also, elementearth, that Eye of Bartleby does allow time to be seen, but as a spell? i dont see how it makes any sense, and i think you are actually overpowering it as an x rank and it's damage per pip.

I was getting too many compliments, in my oppinion, so I, believe it or not, thank you FINALLY for these several complaints!

Justin DragonBlood, Grandmaster Thaumaturge 8)

Survivor
Dec 11, 2008
i dont mean to burst any bubbles but don't you think there are enough schools?
i mean the staff at Kingsisle would have to take the game down fo DAYS to put all the quests monsters and spells and gear in.

Flint raveflame 45 balance wizard

P.S. i hope i didnt make any one upset or sad i just think there are enough shcools

Survivor
May 06, 2009
non8er wrote:
i mean the staff at Kingsisle would have to take the game down fo DAYS to put all the quests monsters and spells and gear in.

P.S. i hope i didnt make any one upset or sad i just think there are enough shcools

i agree that would mean we couldnt play and i need to work on my guys

Survivor
Oct 04, 2008
I disagree people complain a lot about balance and myth but this school there wouldnt be any standing up against it you could just make it so you go first and boom remove there pips and attack and continue it seems like as one would say in other games over powered. god like almost.

Survivor
Apr 09, 2009
This is a good idea and all but it might completely turn the game around everyone will have time magic and it wont be so great anymore, just another school. It will also make arena battles ten times harder as well.

PS:Kronos was the father of all the gods, but also the titan of time.He was

Survivor
Jun 24, 2009
To Ramza 1114 do some researche dude Kronos (also known as Cronus) was indeed the King of all titans BUT if you go further into detail it said he was the titan/god of time and ages. You see Kronos was the evil dude but the Romans turned him into father time. (Mythology is my favorite thing to read I can't get enough of it.) So if you have any further questions consult the internet of read a book about greek gods and titans

Survivor
Jul 02, 2009
Ramza1114 wrote:
Okay, A lot of you will not agree with this, but i'm gonna give this idea to Wizard101 anyway.

I have seen many ideas for an 8th school, and i have a really good one! how about a School of Time? they focus on dealing severe status affects to the enemies, and powerful support to their teammates! for an status ex: the opponent is about to hit you hard with a spell this round, but you use a spell before him, so you use a spell called " pip reverse" which takes off up to 6 pips maximum from your opponent, effectively preventing the spell for a few rounds! and for a support ex: your really lacking in health with your team, so you cast a spell called " haste" it has a 50% chance of giving your entire team an interrupt next round! but, a school this powerful can only be used by powerful players! so it has a requirement: you must complete every non-member quest, any school can learn this magic, once the requirements are met, anyway!

here is how the quest to learn the magic plays out: you meet the requirement, ambrose asks you to come to him, he tells you about a forgotten magic, then gives you a letter, he tells you to take it to your teacher, you talk to your teacher, he/she gives you a special key, then tells you to lay it on the ground where the death school used to be, you do so, and out of nowhere, a bridge appears! you walk out onto the bridge, and then you are in space! you see the bridge leading to a building, but just before you go in, a wizard appears out of nowhere! he tells you " you must prove to me if you are worthy to learn this long forgotten art!" his name is "Mystery Wizard" he is a rank 3 balance boss, with 650 health, if you manage to beat him, you go up to the building afterwards, you see a banner above its door, a spiral with a line through the north east south and west parts, and an arrow extending from the middle line ending the symbol, you walk in, and ambrose is standing in front of the desk! you talk to him and he says: "well done, ________________, you have proven yourself worthy to learn the most powerful magic: Time Magic!" you then complete the quest, get a wand, and a spell called "slow" which only allows your opponent to cast a spell below his current pip amount, and a badge called " Time Title", you equip it, are called "Novice Timmage" (Timmage is the word a made by fusing Time and Mage, it is what you call a Time Wizard) then accept the quest he gives you, and learn the spell from him" Ancient Spear" which deals 75-125 time damage.

None of my ideas have ever came into effect, plz, help this dream of mine come true, but answer what you think, dont spare the details, tell me if it is good or bad! plz!!!

Justin DragonBlood, Grandmaster Thaumaturge 8)

WOW!! That idea is amazing! I didn't think there could be an idea so great. The whole idea of time is really interesting. Every time I though of a new school it always had to be somewhat related to the other schools.
Although, there is one thing I would change. The name just seems a little simple. I mean, the other schools have names that you can't really understand, and when you saw them you didn't know which school they were talking about. I don't really have a name for the school cause I'm not that creative. But, it was still a great idea.

Paige WinterBloom
Level 23- Thaumaturge

Survivor
Jun 19, 2009
well not to offend you or anything. but i think you have some great ideas, amazing actually, but may i suggest a better name than timmage? lol

maybe something like Tempamancer?? ("tempa-" is the latin word for "time" and "era")

but idk just throwing out my idea. i'll try to think of some other names too

Survivor
May 25, 2009
Impressive and well thought out. My only opinion is that you should balance out the power and accuracy of the spells and add it on as another school. And also, add the spell interrupt to your arsenal. It could be an enchantment that you put on another spell. Interrupt could cast two pips to activate plus the cost of the spell you're putting it on. It would negate one of your opponent's spells, and then activate your spell.

Survivor
Sep 24, 2008
Hmm, how about this for the eyes of bartleby?

Name: The Eye's of Bartleby
Ability/Damage: Take 500 time damage from all friends, to deal 500 time damage to all enemies.
Pips: 4

P.S. Nice touch on making alpha, and omega to different quests appart ;).

Explorer
Dec 11, 2008
time magic would be cool i like the haste spell for one round only youe team can attack that would be cool

be cool if you could use that and do like two spells one after anouther only if you have the pips to spare or give up your turn for some to attack twice lol

GOOD IDEA wizard101 should make a note of it

Survivor
Dec 24, 2008
Ya, I agree with... whoever said something about the game shutting down They WOULD have to shut the game down for a LONG TIME to put all the new school stuff in like monsters, teachers, ect. So, just saying

Survivor
May 17, 2009
KatieCat1234 wrote:
Ya, I agree with... whoever said something about the game shutting down They WOULD have to shut the game down for a LONG TIME to put all the new school stuff in like monsters, teachers, ect. So, just saying
they might do that if they did put time magic in cause they woud needed time and money , wands, clothes ,hats,ect but still would be a awesome school to be able to use

Survivor
Jun 19, 2009
i got it you no how there is those moves like frost bite and wildbolt well what if there was like one that did 1000 damage and has a 10% chance of working just like storm and was called sonicboom well thats my plan let me no what you think

Survivor
Mar 30, 2009
WOW! the idea of a school of time is amazing! That's really creative. It's something ypu wouldn't expect. But i have a few ideas of my own regarding the 8th School:

***Available to Grandmasters Only***
Name: The Schools of Light/Dark or Day/Night or Sun/Moon
Teachers: Merle Ambrose-Light, Someone New thet had a relation to Malistaire-Dark
Location: Floating above the other schools in Ravenwood (Parthenon-Style Bulidings, one white, one black
Focus: Light-Direct, Heavy Damage; Dark-manipulating your opponents moves
Colors: Light-White and Yellow; Dark- Black and Purple
Story: A mysterious man shows up at Merle Ambrose's home one day, and asks for a job. Ambrose suspects something is very wrong. He calls upon his favorite wizard, you. Merle decides to give the man a job so he can keep an eye on him. Little did he know that he was not at all interestd=ed in teaching. He plans to brainwash all the other teachers n Ravenwood, in an effort to bring Malistaire back. Anbrose decides to make a school that he, himself will teach, to go alongside the man's. He used his magic powers to build 2 schools , floating above the others. The man introduces a much darker school, thet no students have entered yet. Even darker than Death. Then you get to decide which one to join. This erupts into a Wizard War, between Merle Ambrose and his faithful followers, and the Dark man an his brainwashed servants.

Survivor
Mar 18, 2009
laxmiddy wrote:
I think a ton of us wizard around here have great ideas for new schools, spells, worlds, etc. There are a few major issues with making a new school.

1.Opposing school for boosted attacks
2.Making the monsters that will become this new school
3.Making the attacks/spells and creating their animation

Also the spells you came up with are a little much and WAY to good. Your spells are just off the chart complete domination and nothing fair to the other schools. These ideas will take many months of thought and figuring out plus the time to create and add to the game. But its cool to see you thought of this idea and went far enough to get spells.

Wolf SparkleSword
Grandmaster Necromancer

Yah, i thought storm was supposed to be the school with the biggest damage. No offense, but i think you should rethink the theme of your new "school". Time is a great idea, though. And good thinking with the spells, too. I think they'd have to remake the whole Ravenwood schools and spells thing though.But not thinking of that stuff, i really like your idea.

Survivor
Jul 10, 2009
I have ideas for spells! What if there was a rank 50 spell for all of the schools.

Fire: The devil (Hits 1,500 - 2,000
Life: Bartlebys sister(Hits 1,100 - 1,500)
Storm: King Atlantis(Hits 1,600 - 2,200
Balance: Simi Blast(Hits 1,500 - 1,900
Death: Malistare(Hits 1,800 - 2,500)
Ice: Abominal Snowman(Hits 1,200 - 1,700)
Myth: Mutated Cyclops(Hits 1,300 - 1,800)
New! Time: Wormhole(Hits 1,600 - 2,000

Thanks Tyler Strong Blade ( lvl 31 fire) :D :D :D

Survivor
Dec 21, 2008
That's very weird cause I also started a topic about an eighth school and it was the school of time

Survivor
Jul 24, 2009
monkeyhead62 wrote:
phearsomm wrote:
monkeyhead62 wrote:
I like the idea of an eighth lost school of forgotten magic, but I think time is a little out there. So what about earth? I thought about the other schools, they have basically every other idea of magic down, except for earth. I'm not saying that the idea put together is bad or anything, I'm just saying that the change should be with the school type. I think that instead of being in Ravenwood, the school should be in Grizzlehiem instead. Other than that, you're quest is great. :D :D

There already is an earth school. The is life which has spells that summons tree people, and there is myth which has earthquake. Besides earth isnt really a specific school.

Then you could basically say all the schools are the same. Lighting (which is what all storm spells use) starts fires, and the shark has water which when frozen turns to ice. There is nothing that is not connected to the others in some way shape or form. So, why not make an earth?

Because like i said Earth isnt really a specific school. And life bascically IS earth.

the rank 3 spells is a tree person who throws a rock at the enemy

the Centaur spell shoots an arrow which makes atree grow and explode on the target

Dryad spell is a tree

Rebirth is a tree

So like i said there is no point in an earth school

Champion
Mar 19, 2009
non8er wrote:

i dont like your idea i think there should be 10 schools

Explorer
Mar 18, 2009
Thank you both for these generous answers, but you may be right, having a monster using these spells on you could REALLY spell trouble, but i am working on ideas as well along with these current ones, if you have any ideas of your own for this magic, feel free to say what you wish, oh! by the way, the colors for the school are dark purple and red! Thank you once again!

I thought your idea was cool.Reversal was mine.Your'e opponnent hits you hard but you don't have any health spells or pips.You draw reversal and the dammage you took heals you.Just an idea.

Wolf Lv.17 usually in krokotopia or Colossus Blvd.

Survivor
May 26, 2009
Survivor
May 18, 2009
This would be like the best!! I have wanted another school so that i can learn different spells but i think that it should have maybe a low accuracy rate because it is so powerful.

Explorer
Feb 08, 2009
I'm so going with you on this awesome school!
It should have these school quest spell

Name:Past Reversal
School:Time
Ability/Damage:You pick one of your opponents moves from up to 6 turns ago and use it on them(you dont need that many pips but you lose that much mana)
Fizzle:90%
Pips: 3

Name:Present Past-Time
Ability/Damage: You chose an opponent and if he/she is attacking this turn it is reversed on one of their teammates of your choice
fizzle:80%
Pips:4

Name:Future Demise
Ability/Damage: You pick an opponent then you chose if they are going to attack, charm,heal,ward,or pass. Then you get 4 turns to do it( so you have to pick which turn next, 2turns from now, 3 turns from now 4 turns from now) if your right they lose all there pips, blades, wards, traps, and all positive hanging spells.
Fizzle:100
Pips:X you get one more turn for every pips you have more then to( so it would be 5 turns from now if you have 5 pips when you use it)

Note:You get these spells in one quest because they are related.(Past, Present, and Future)
LVL: 39

Survivor
Dec 14, 2008
firebomb1998 wrote:
I have ideas for spells! What if there was a rank 50 spell for all of the schools.

Fire: The devil (Hits 1,500 - 2,000
Life: Bartlebys sister(Hits 1,100 - 1,500)
Storm: King Atlantis(Hits 1,600 - 2,200
Balance: Simi Blast(Hits 1,500 - 1,900
Death: Malistare(Hits 1,800 - 2,500)
Ice: Abominal Snowman(Hits 1,200 - 1,700)
Myth: Mutated Cyclops(Hits 1,300 - 1,800)
New! Time: Wormhole(Hits 1,600 - 2,000

Thanks Tyler Strong Blade ( lvl 31 fire) :D :D :D

I dont like how you put the death spell higher than storm! Storm is supposed to be the strongest of all the schools and you made death the strongest! i dont wanna hurt your feelings but i dont think this should happen! it didnt have much thought because malistaire is the most powerful death wizard how would you be able to use him as a spell!