Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The 8th school:The School of Time!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 31, 2008
Okay, A lot of you will not agree with this, but i'm gonna give this idea to Wizard101 anyway.

I have seen many ideas for an 8th school, and i have a really good one! how about a School of Time? they focus on dealing severe status affects to the enemies, and powerful support to their teammates! for an status ex: the opponent is about to hit you hard with a spell this round, but you use a spell before him, so you use a spell called " pip reverse" which takes off up to 6 pips maximum from your opponent, effectively preventing the spell for a few rounds! and for a support ex: your really lacking in health with your team, so you cast a spell called " haste" it has a 50% chance of giving your entire team an interrupt next round! but, a school this powerful can only be used by powerful players! so it has a requirement: you must complete every non-member quest, any school can learn this magic, once the requirements are met, anyway!

here is how the quest to learn the magic plays out: you meet the requirement, ambrose asks you to come to him, he tells you about a forgotten magic, then gives you a letter, he tells you to take it to your teacher, you talk to your teacher, he/she gives you a special key, then tells you to lay it on the ground where the death school used to be, you do so, and out of nowhere, a bridge appears! you walk out onto the bridge, and then you are in space! you see the bridge leading to a building, but just before you go in, a wizard appears out of nowhere! he tells you " you must prove to me if you are worthy to learn this long forgotten art!" his name is "Mystery Wizard" he is a rank 3 balance boss, with 650 health, if you manage to beat him, you go up to the building afterwards, you see a banner above its door, a spiral with a line through the north east south and west parts, and an arrow extending from the middle line ending the symbol, you walk in, and ambrose is standing in front of the desk! you talk to him and he says: "well done, ________________, you have proven yourself worthy to learn the most powerful magic: Time Magic!" you then complete the quest, get a wand, and a spell called "slow" which only allows your opponent to cast a spell below his current pip amount, and a badge called " Time Title", you equip it, are called "Novice Timmage" (Timmage is the word a made by fusing Time and Mage, it is what you call a Time Wizard) then accept the quest he gives you, and learn the spell from him" Ancient Spear" which deals 75-125 time damage.

None of my ideas have ever came into effect, plz, help this dream of mine come true, but answer what you think, dont spare the details, tell me if it is good or bad! plz!!!

Justin DragonBlood, Grandmaster Thaumaturge 8)

Survivor
Jul 08, 2009
Whoa..THAT TOTALLY ROCKS!!!! How did you think of that awsome stuff like you talk to him and he says: "well done, ________________, you have proven yourself worthy to learn the most powerful magic: Time Magic!" you then complete the quest, get a wand, and a spell called "slow" which only allows your opponent to cast a spell below his current pip amount, and a badge called " Time Title", you equip it, are called "Novice Timmage" (Timmage is the word a made by fusing Time and Mage, it is what you call a Time Wizard) then accept the quest he gives you, and learn the spell from him" Ancient Spear" which deals 75-125 time damage.

Cool

My best wizard is Kymma RavenTalon lvl. 16 so if you see me say Hi! I am always running around in krockatopia or wizard city in "perfect realms"

Survivor
Jun 14, 2009
The only problem that I can see with it is the monsters would have it to and could use it against you that might not be a good thing other wise I like it 8)

Survivor
Aug 31, 2008
Thank you both for these generous answers, but you may be right, having a monster using these spells on you could REALLY spell trouble, but i am working on ideas as well along with these current ones, if you have any ideas of your own for this magic, feel free to say what you wish, oh! by the way, the colors for the school are white and red! Thank you once again!

Survivor
Aug 31, 2008
scaud wrote:
Whoa..THAT TOTALLY ROCKS!!!! How did you think of that awsome stuff like you talk to him and he says: "well done, ________________, you have proven yourself worthy to learn the most powerful magic: Time Magic!" you then complete the quest, get a wand, and a spell called "slow" which only allows your opponent to cast a spell below his current pip amount, and a badge called " Time Title", you equip it, are called "Novice Timmage" (Timmage is the word a made by fusing Time and Mage, it is what you call a Time Wizard) then accept the quest he gives you, and learn the spell from him" Ancient Spear" which deals 75-125 time damage.

Cool

My best wizard is Kymma RavenTalon lvl. 16 so if you see me say Hi! I am always running around in krockatopia or wizard city in "perfect realms"

Well, Let's just say i feel like my mind is full of brilliant ideas, and yet nobody listens or reads, its easy to come up with these ideas and dream them up, but getting them to actually spring up into reality is a whole different thing, btw, if you wanna meet me, go to krokotopia oasis in sunbird realm, i'll meet you there, dont worry, i'll be easy to spot, i'll be wearing mooshu clothes 8)

Survivor
May 28, 2009
You idea is amazing and well thought out unlike other posts I have read today. It really should be taken into consideration!

Evan MoonBright (Death)

Survivor
Aug 31, 2008
You know, I expected alot of you playing Wizard101 to hate this idea, but, although not many of you have posted, it sounds like this idea is greatly liked, I'm touched people, I mostly feel...cast out by others, but you guys are really lifting my spirits, I thank you all for these supportive replys, i visit this message a lot to read replys, so if you wanna ask some questions about this idea, feel free to, i'll answer your question as best i can, remember, feel free to post any ideas you have for Time magic, Cheers!

Survivor
Aug 31, 2008
I have thought of new spells! They will be in order from strongest to weakest:

Bird Goddess, rank 7 spell: Summon Bartleby's sister, The Great Raven, to strike all enemies for 600 damage, as well as removing every pip from your enemies!

Ragnarok, rank 6 spell: Warp time to summon 4 Golem Tower sized ice crystals to strike your enemies for 450-500, as well as stunning your enemies!

Meteor, rank 5 spell: Warp time with so much force, you warp space as well, calling forth a meteor the size of the Dragon Titan's eye, striking the opponents for 350-400 damage.

Creation, rank 4 spell: Warp time back to when all the worlds were as one, adding a 30% boost to time magic damage.

Summon Dragoon, rank X spell: For 1-3 pips, Warp time to summon 1-3 Dragoons, legendary spear wielding warriors who can jump as high as Dragons can fly, to fight by your side.

Wyvern, rank 3 spell: summon a Wyvern(with wings!) to singe an enemy for 50+300 time damage over time.

Knight's Charge, rank 2 spell: Warp time to summon a knight on horseback, sword in hand, and charge through an enemy for 150-200.

Ancient Spear, rank 1 spell: Warp time and summon a spear to charge through an opponent for 65 - 100 damage.

If anyone has any ideas or complaints about these spells, just let me know, i'll see if i can make them to your liking, Cheers!

Survivor
May 16, 2009
Ramza1114 wrote:

Bird Goddess, rank 7 spell: Summon Bartleby's sister, The Great Raven, to strike all enemies for 600 damage, as well as removing every pip from your enemies!

Ragnarok, rank 6 spell: Warp time to summon 4 Golem Tower sized ice crystals to strike your enemies for 450-500, as well as stunning your enemies!

Meteor, rank 5 spell: Warp time with so much force, you warp space as well, calling forth a meteor the size of the Dragon Titan's eye, striking the opponents for 350-400 damage.

Creation, rank 4 spell: Warp time back to when all the worlds were as one, adding a 30% boost to time magic damage.

Summon Dragoon, rank X spell: For 1-3 pips, Warp time to summon 1-3 Dragoons, legendary spear wielding warriors who can jump as high as Dragons can fly, to fight by your side.

Wyvern, rank 3 spell: summon a Wyvern(with wings!) to singe an enemy for 50+300 time damage over time.

Knight's Charge, rank 2 spell: Warp time to summon a knight on horseback, sword in hand, and charge through an enemy for 150-200.

Ancient Spear, rank 1 spell: Warp time and summon a spear to charge through an opponent for 65 - 100 damage.

If anyone has any ideas or complaints about these spells, just let me know, i'll see if i can make them to your liking, Cheers!

Wow. This is an amazing idea. I hope the staff from wizard101 is considering this idea. It really sounds like fun. You are like a genius for making up cool ideas.

Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
Ok...WHOA! That idea is SOOOOOO awesome! You know what, lets have you take over kingsisle! I mean that idea is like...WOW! I have no idea how you can think of stuff like that. You have everything planned out so good, that i can imagine me walking over to try to get into the time school! That would be amazing! I love your ideas! Ok, the spells: Brilliant! Keep making new ideas, and i really hope kingsisle makes your dreams true! (cause now, putting the whole time school thing into wizard101 are my dreams, too!!!!!!)

Kestrel Ghostwalker~lvl 42 Master sorcerer :D :D :D :D :D

Explorer
Jun 11, 2009
Ramza1114 wrote:

Your idea is cool and all, but I feel like you're overpowering it a bit too much.
I mean just think about it, if you were to go up against this especially in a 4v4 and he pulls out your rank 7 spell and all your pips are gone on your team he just basically diminished your team's chances of winning period.

Good idea, overpowered, needs more thought, in my opinion, no offense intended.

Survivor
Feb 18, 2009
I think a ton of us wizard around here have great ideas for new schools, spells, worlds, etc. There are a few major issues with making a new school.

1.Opposing school for boosted attacks
2.Making the monsters that will become this new school
3.Making the attacks/spells and creating their animation

Also the spells you came up with are a little much and WAY to good. Your spells are just off the chart complete domination and nothing fair to the other schools. These ideas will take many months of thought and figuring out plus the time to create and add to the game. But its cool to see you thought of this idea and went far enough to get spells.

Wolf SparkleSword
Grandmaster Necromancer

Survivor
Jul 24, 2009
Ramza1114 wrote:
for an status ex: the opponent is about to hit you hard with a spell this round, but you use a spell before him, so you use a spell called " pip reverse" which takes off up to 6 pips maximum from your opponent, effectively preventing the spell for a few rounds!

That is a nice idea but how about tone it down into a trap that if the apponent uses an attack it takes that number of pips away instead of just taking their pips. for instance you use it and the person uses lets say centaur and it takes the 5 pips away (less if they have power pips and they are life) and ultimately makes the spell fail. Or they use a spell thats costs less or more pips.

just an idea

Survivor
Dec 29, 2008
I like the idea of an eighth lost school of forgotten magic, but I think time is a little out there. So what about earth? I thought about the other schools, they have basically every other idea of magic down, except for earth. I'm not saying that the idea put together is bad or anything, I'm just saying that the change should be with the school type. I think that instead of being in Ravenwood, the school should be in Grizzlehiem instead. Other than that, you're quest is great. :D :D

Defender
Mar 08, 2009
The idea is awesome but the requirements and stuff is terrible no offense. If merle ambrose would say thats the best school then Nobody would play the others and then" time magic" would be OP, i dont like how you made the idea so strong but i do like the type of "time" magic.

Survivor
Jul 24, 2009
monkeyhead62 wrote:
I like the idea of an eighth lost school of forgotten magic, but I think time is a little out there. So what about earth? I thought about the other schools, they have basically every other idea of magic down, except for earth. I'm not saying that the idea put together is bad or anything, I'm just saying that the change should be with the school type. I think that instead of being in Ravenwood, the school should be in Grizzlehiem instead. Other than that, you're quest is great. :D :D

There already is an earth school. The is life which has spells that summons tree people, and there is myth which has earthquake. Besides earth isnt really a specific school.

Survivor
Dec 29, 2008
phearsomm wrote:
monkeyhead62 wrote:

There already is an earth school. The is life which has spells that summons tree people, and there is myth which has earthquake. Besides earth isnt really a specific school.

Then you could basically say all the schools are the same. Lighting (which is what all storm spells use) starts fires, and the shark has water which when frozen turns to ice. There is nothing that is not connected to the others in some way shape or form. So, why not make an earth?

Survivor
May 06, 2009
it needs a lot more thought , me and my cousin have thought about it along with a chaos school , the cards and stuff

Survivor
Jul 07, 2009
its not that i dont think the idea is good cause i love it just not so drastic but big none the less but still good ideas amazing just need work :D :D

ps look for sean fire

pss i do hope kingsisle dose some thing like this

Survivor
Jun 24, 2009
Great idea but instead of calling it timmage how about Kronomancer?
from the greek titan Kronos who was the titan of time just an idea

Survivor
Jun 24, 2009
oh and I think a good spell would be an X spell that did 200 damage to all opponents would be Father time you know the guy who carries a scythe and has an hourglass. it would look a little like storm lord except instead of coming out of a cloud he would come out of sand (ever heard of the sands of time?) and he would wear a robe and instead of a staff he would have a scythe and an hourglass in the over hand. Oh and his beard would be longer too :D

Ronan Sunshield
Lvl 42 Diviner

Explorer
Feb 08, 2009
Dude you rock!
I think those spells are awesome but nobody flame me for this but it should be balances auto secandary.

Explorer
Feb 08, 2009
Survivor
Sep 24, 2008
What about quest spells? I don't know when they should be assigned except for one, but just some idea's... Also notice the fizzle on everything, for such a strong spell I thought EVERYTHING should have fizzle.

Name: Slow Motion (Kinda adding onto your inturrupt idea) Area of Effect
School: Time
Ability/Damage: Give Inturrupt to all allies for one turn
Fizzle: 90%
Pips: 3

Name: Rewind
Ability/Damage: Dispell next outgoing spell
Pips: 5

Name: Eyes of Bartleby (One tells past, one future... time)
Ability/Damage: 200 Time Damage, Your opponet's lose one pip for each spell played by them this turn.
Pips: 6

Name: Nic-of-Time
Ability/Damage: Heal 1000 Health to any allies defeated this turn
Pips: 2

Name: Reverse
Ability/Damage: All damage dealt this turn will be reduced to 0
Pips: 7

Name: Alpha (Charm on opponet) Level 48 spell
Ability/Damage: If Omega is on target, Reduce there health to 0
Pips: 10

Name: Omega (Charm on opponet) Level 48 spell
Ability/Damage: If Alpha is on target, Reduce there health to 0
Pips: 10

To avoid confsion, you learn The Alpha and Omega spells from the same quest. If you put one on the opponet, then the other on the opponet, they are basicly dead. And for those of you who dont know, Alpha and Omega are the begining and End of time.

Survivor
May 06, 2009
why give such a powerful school such a high success rate, it is like giving storm 90% but, although that would be cool, it is unfair to other players.