Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The 8th school:The School of Time!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 21, 2009
firebomb1998 wrote:
I have ideas for spells! What if there was a rank 50 spell for all of the schools.

Fire: The devil (Hits 1,500 - 2,000
Life: Bartlebys sister(Hits 1,100 - 1,500)
Storm: King Atlantis(Hits 1,600 - 2,200
Balance: Simi Blast(Hits 1,500 - 1,900
Death: Malistare(Hits 1,800 - 2,500)
Ice: Abominal Snowman(Hits 1,200 - 1,700)
Myth: Mutated Cyclops(Hits 1,300 - 1,800)
New! Time: Wormhole(Hits 1,600 - 2,000

Thanks Tyler Strong Blade ( lvl 31 fire) :D :D :D

that is an awesome idea keep the ideas coming this is looking awesome

Brianna winter heaven
balance
lvl50

Survivor
Jan 30, 2009
im sorry this sounds amazingly stupid. that would be the only class anyone would pick.

Survivor
Jan 02, 2009
DANG!!!
You see, I write a story for Creative Writing, and one of my ideas for the future parts is that the heroine discovers two new forms of magic... Black and TIME!
This is great. Just great. Now everyone's gonna think I stole your idea!!!

Survivor
Mar 28, 2009
I like the idea, but the requirements are too low. I did all the non-member quests fairly quickly. You should have higher requirements such as be level 45 or something.

Defender
Apr 10, 2009
grendel6 wrote:
non8er wrote:
i dont mean to burst any bubbles but don't you think there are enough schools?
i mean the staff at Kingsisle would have to take the game down fo DAYS to put all the quests monsters and spells and gear in.

Flint raveflame 45 balance wizard

P.S. i hope i didnt make any one upset or sad i just think there are enough shcools

i agree that would mean we couldnt play and i need to work on my guys

yea then i would need to work lolz. however best idea yet! dude, i am so glad someone posted a real idea! none of that air/water stuff!

Defender
Jun 04, 2009
well my brother made up that one and i thought William BattleCaller that is kinda dumb and it turns out this? dude its kewl

give me credit in any of Twilightwma's!
Elizabeth GoldenBlossom and William Battle caller
32 ice 42 fire

Defender
May 09, 2009
k i dont quite i agree with the boss thing because i think it should play out a little differntly.

first of all since its such a awesome and powerfull school we dont want just anyone thats beaten triton avenue to be able to get that school. it should be earned by at least 1 or 2 grandmasters. (i know this wont agree with many people but hey its a pretty powerfull spell taking away other peoples pips.)

when your first or second wizard reaches grandmaster ambrose calls you to his office and says, "we have need of finding a wizard of time. and i would like your help to find this wizard." then you do a quick quest of gathering stuff and then when you finish it takes you to the creat a character and your atomaticly time (it should be optional to become this wizard because not everyone would want to be time) and then you just do the game again but as a time wizard. and i do like the part about the bridge going over where the death school used to be leading to that school so i think that should be kept.

Survivor
May 25, 2009
conorjak7 wrote:
k i dont quite i agree with the boss thing because i think it should play out a little differntly.

first of all since its such a awesome and powerfull school we dont want just anyone thats beaten triton avenue to be able to get that school. it should be earned by at least 1 or 2 grandmasters. (i know this wont agree with many people but hey its a pretty powerfull spell taking away other peoples pips.)

when your first or second wizard reaches grandmaster ambrose calls you to his office and says, "we have need of finding a wizard of time. and i would like your help to find this wizard." then you do a quick quest of gathering stuff and then when you finish it takes you to the creat a character and your atomaticly time (it should be optional to become this wizard because not everyone would want to be time) and then you just do the game again but as a time wizard. and i do like the part about the bridge going over where the death school used to be leading to that school so i think that should be kept.

I like this. It sounds like an interesting wy of adding new schools to the game.

Defender
Jun 04, 2009
THAT'S IT I CANT TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!! people keep on just stealing my ideas my school of time idea my water school idea my air school idea ugh mark my words " i posted these as soon as i joined and i posted them at my friend house while he told me about how kewl wizard101 is. plz stop my anger just had to let go!!!!

william battlecaller lvl.42 fire school savior of the spiral and
elizabeth goldenblossom lvl.32 ice school savior of the spiral

Survivor
Jun 26, 2009
I have an idea for a time spell! Do you know who Kronos is? He is a mythical person who is said to be the Titan of Time (In greek mythology, it says that the Titans ruled before the Gods until the Gods took over.) Here is how it would work.
School:Time
Pips:8
Accuracy:(i was thinking about that, and i think Time's accuracy should be high) 90%
Effect: 400 To all enemies and remove 3 pips from them.
What it would look like: It would start out with all these clocks floating around, The Kronos appears and the clocks hands start spinning rapidly. Then Kronos grabs one of the clocks floating in the air, points it at the player, then a beam of light shoots out from the clock at the player. Then he turns toward the next enemy and shoots a beam through the same clock, then the next enemy, then the next enemy.

Defender
May 09, 2009
twilightwma wrote:
THAT'S IT I CANT TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!! people keep on just stealing my ideas my school of time idea my water school idea my air school idea ugh mark my words " i posted these as soon as i joined and i posted them at my friend house while he told me about how kewl wizard101 is. plz stop my anger just had to let go!!!!

william battlecaller lvl.42 fire school savior of the spiral and
elizabeth goldenblossom lvl.32 ice school savior of the spiral

woah woah woah man calm down. just because some people had the same idea as you doesnt mean they stole it.

people have been posting ideas like this forever

Explorer
Feb 22, 2010
Ramza1114 wrote:
I have thought of new spells! They will be in order from strongest to weakest:

Bird Goddess, rank 7 spell: Summon Bartleby's sister, The Great Raven, to strike all enemies for 600 damage, as well as removing every pip from your enemies!

Ragnarok, rank 6 spell: Warp time to summon 4 Golem Tower sized ice crystals to strike your enemies for 450-500, as well as stunning your enemies!

Meteor, rank 5 spell: Warp time with so much force, you warp space as well, calling forth a meteor the size of the Dragon Titan's eye, striking the opponents for 350-400 damage.

Creation, rank 4 spell: Warp time back to when all the worlds were as one, adding a 30% boost to time magic damage.

Summon Dragoon, rank X spell: For 1-3 pips, Warp time to summon 1-3 Dragoons, legendary spear wielding warriors who can jump as high as Dragons can fly, to fight by your side.

Wyvern, rank 3 spell: summon a Wyvern(with wings!) to singe an enemy for 50+300 time damage over time.

Knight's Charge, rank 2 spell: Warp time to summon a knight on horseback, sword in hand, and charge through an enemy for 150-200.

Ancient Spear, rank 1 spell: Warp time and summon a spear to charge through an opponent for 65 - 100 damage.

If anyone has any ideas or complaints about these spells, just let me know, i'll see if i can make them to your liking, Cheers!

Justin DragonBlood, Grandmaster Thaumaturge 8)

I have one question. How does warping space summon all of these things? Otherwise, great idea. I love it.

Survivor
Jun 20, 2009
Ramza1114 wrote:
Okay, A lot of you will not agree with this, but i'm gonna give this idea to Wizard101 anyway.

I have seen many ideas for an 8th school, and i have a really good one! how about a School of Time? they focus on dealing severe status affects to the enemies, and powerful support to their teammates! for an status ex: the opponent is about to hit you hard with a spell this round, but you use a spell before him, so you use a spell called " pip reverse" which takes off up to 6 pips maximum from your opponent, effectively preventing the spell for a few rounds! and for a support ex: your really lacking in health with your team, so you cast a spell called " haste" it has a 50% chance of giving your entire team an interrupt next round! but, a school this powerful can only be used by powerful players! so it has a requirement: you must complete every non-member quest, any school can learn this magic, once the requirements are met, anyway!

here is how the quest to learn the magic plays out: you meet the requirement, ambrose asks you to come to him, he tells you about a forgotten magic, then gives you a letter, he tells you to take it to your teacher, you talk to your teacher, he/she gives you a special key, then tells you to lay it on the ground where the death school used to be, you do so, and out of nowhere, a bridge appears! you walk out onto the bridge, and then you are in space! you see the bridge leading to a building, but just before you go in, a wizard appears out of nowhere! he tells you " you must prove to me if you are worthy to learn this long forgotten art!" his name is "Mystery Wizard" he is a rank 3 balance boss, with 650 health, if you manage to beat him, you go up to the building afterwards, you see a banner above its door, a spiral with a line through the north east south and west parts, and an arrow extending from the middle line ending the symbol, you walk in, and ambrose is standing in front of the desk! you talk to him and he says: "well done, ________________, you have proven yourself worthy to learn the most powerful magic: Time Magic!" you then complete the quest, get a wand, and a spell called "slow" which only allows your opponent to cast a spell below his current pip amount, and a badge called " Time Title", you equip it, are called "Novice Timmage" (Timmage is the word a made by fusing Time and Mage, it is what you call a Time Wizard) then accept the quest he gives you, and learn the spell from him" Ancient Spear" which deals 75-125 time damage.

None of my ideas have ever came into effect, plz, help this dream of mine come true, but answer what you think, dont spare the details, tell me if it is good or bad! plz!!!

Sorry man but some non-member quests can only be obtained by being a member. and another thing balance, the fusion of all of the schools, cannot even get their own school in Ravenwood. what makes you think that Time wizards should get one first. balance has a school but it is a pain to get to and you have to be a member! if your idea gets a school in Ravenwood it will be unfair for balance wizards and a lot of players will quit, or will riot (protest in an uncivilized way). it is a good idea but it will also need a counter. you cant have an ultimate school. everything has a weakness. but you dont just take an entire game kick everyone off for a few hours to put in a whole new storyboard when a lot of people like the game as is other than prices for items. if this plan comes true than we will be off the game for a long time. and if you think i know nothing of what i am saying, i am in gt, (gifted and talented program) meaning i am very smart, in 6th grade. this plan would take a long time to put in to action. they would have to create a symbol, items, houses, a school, wands, pets, equipment, swords, cards, characters, school colors, school gem, banners, quests, and they will have to kick us off the game for hours or maybe a day! it wont be fair to many people.

from the following wizards: Blaze Fireflame/ Blaze Swiftsword

Delver
Feb 23, 2009
It's way too overpowered. Taking away pips is too far off the line. Anyways, for a first school it'd be really bad, but for secondary it'd be fine. But still, too overpowered.

Explorer
Mar 01, 2010
Ramza1114 wrote:
Okay, A lot of you will not agree with this, but i'm gonna give this idea to Wizard101 anyway.

I have seen many ideas for an 8th school, and i have a really good one! how about a School of Time? they focus on dealing severe status affects to the enemies, and powerful support to their teammates! for an status ex: the opponent is about to hit you hard with a spell this round, but you use a spell before him, so you use a spell called " pip reverse" which takes off up to 6 pips maximum from your opponent, effectively preventing the spell for a few rounds! and for a support ex: your really lacking in health with your team, so you cast a spell called " haste" it has a 50% chance of giving your entire team an interrupt next round! but, a school this powerful can only be used by powerful players! so it has a requirement: you must complete every non-member quest, any school can learn this magic, once the requirements are met, anyway!

here is how the quest to learn the magic plays out: you meet the requirement, ambrose asks you to come to him, he tells you about a forgotten magic, then gives you a letter, he tells you to take it to your teacher, you talk to your teacher, he/she gives you a special key, then tells you to lay it on the ground where the death school used to be, you do so, and out of nowhere, a bridge appears! you walk out onto the bridge, and then you are in space! you see the bridge leading to a building, but just before you go in, a wizard appears out of nowhere! he tells you " you must prove to me if you are worthy to learn this long forgotten art!" his name is "Mystery Wizard" he is a rank 3 balance boss, with 650 health, if you manage to beat him, you go up to the building afterwards, you see a banner above its door, a spiral with a line through the north east south and west parts, and an arrow extending from the middle line ending the symbol, you walk in, and ambrose is standing in front of the desk! you talk to him and he says: "well done, ________________, you have proven yourself worthy to learn the most powerful magic: Time Magic!" you then complete the quest, get a wand, and a spell called "slow" which only allows your opponent to cast a spell below his current pip amount, and a badge called " Time Title", you equip it, are called "Novice Timmage" (Timmage is the word a made by fusing Time and Mage, it is what you call a Time Wizard) then accept the quest he gives you, and learn the spell from him" Ancient Spear" which deals 75-125 time damage.

None of my ideas have ever came into effect, plz, help this dream of mine come true, but answer what you think, dont spare the details, tell me if it is good or bad! plz!!!

So I like your idea but what world would this be themed after? If it is Celestia or Grizzleheim, I love your idea. But if it is in an old world like marleybone, well... I would still like it but i would'nt garauntee it to go in the game. I still love it

Mason FireBlade lvl 36 Magus Pyromancer P.S we can meet on the game on the pixie realm

Survivor
May 13, 2009
THAT SOUNDS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i am a lvl 24 storm/death wizard and i wish time school really egsisted :-) :-)

Survivor
May 13, 2009
grendel6 wrote:
it needs a lot more thought , me and my cousin have thought about it along with a chaos school , the cards and stuff

I would say not to make a caos school, because what would the actual school be? a pile of rubble?

Survivor
May 22, 2009
this school of time sounds like a good idea. and btw i have a couple of add-ons
and solutions..............

well if you do come across an enemy with the school of time and your that same school here is what you could do. you could get a second or even third school say time, balance and death might be a good mix. for the newbies they could just foucus on balance and time. or since it is a forgotton time it would be funny if it went like this: the enemys are kinda out of the "old" ages and come up to the new ones say for exzample you know how we use phones instead of cans with wires or we use cars instead of carriges? well there you go. they dont use old stuff any more and besides time might be the most powerfull school so all the oldies got wiped out. make sense?

like all schools in wizard 101, you dont have all the spells unless you started that school in the first place, so players should be alowed to do just that. it should appear when you taking the "which school is right for you?" test. or you could just skip that and choose your school right there.

well, those are my ideas!

alex icehammer grandmaster thuamaturge (and i'm elemental too!) ;-)

Survivor
May 24, 2009
maybe you can only get it if you have completed the game, have used crowns at least once, are a G-Master, and have all of your first and secondary class school cards just an idea. ambrose could be the teacher of the school, and there would be no 'time monsters'so it would be the most powerful class. but there should also be ristrictions, like, ' no useing this against other students ' like, in duels. because that would definatly give you the edge. say there were a bunch of timmages on one team, and the other schools on the other team. fair? N. O. but otherwise, genius idea!

grace goldenspear
lvl 38 theurgist

Survivor
Aug 07, 2010
D3LDaDuDe wrote:
Yea dude that is awesome although it kinda reminds me of balance and like most players they hate balance no offense to balance students so its pretty good but we dont really need a newer school

~David TitanBlade~
Grandmaster Thamaturage

Ok, that there is offensive . from all the people i've talked to, they all really like balance. But anyway, LOVE LOVE LOVE the school of time idea. really sweet. i got an idea for a spell tho, since there is the lvl 58 spells now, maybe something like this. we have storm lord, right, which is like zeus from greek mythology, as the lvl 48 spell for storm. so maybe for time we have kronos, zeus's dad

Kronos (Cronus) - X rank spell, 1400-2000 dmge per pip

then he like comes up w/ his scythe, sickle, whatever, warps time back until the enemies weren't there, makes a fissure where the enemy was, then when time warps back, they fall in and he warps it closed. i think that would be really sweet to see.

Explorer
Jun 26, 2009
Yes! Me and my friends have always thought of this. I tell them to post cause it was their idea but they dont so. But awesome school of time is great. A+

Sloan agrees! :D

Defender
May 16, 2009
MY IDEAS FOR TIME SCHOOL:

Blast From the Past: X pips, rank 5, Any damage you received last turns or before that will damage the enemy with same amount of damage.

Time Warp:rank 7, Forces enemy to use the previous spell, even if required pips arn't there. If there are not enough pips, the mana cost is doubled for that spell.

Repair shields:X pip, depending on amount of shields starting from 0, rank 2 Gives any shields to user of this spell that were used(as in they protected you from damage)last turn

Knightly Armor:X pips 50 damage absorb per pip, rank 4, Gives all player damage absorb shield.

Time blade: 0 pip, + 35% damage to time spells

Seven blades of fury:rank 8, Gives all blade types to user or target. ALL BLADES DO +25% DAMAGE TO THAT ELEMENT

Seven shields of protection: rank 7, gives all Shield types to user or target. ALL SHIELDS DO - 35% DAMAGE TO INCOMING ELEMENTAL ATTACKS

there is my list :)

Survivor
Oct 31, 2009
Ramza1114 wrote:
So sorry for no posts in a while, but, if too hard to grasp, i am, in this message, going to go over the basics of time magic:

Name of Magic:Time.
Name of people who study it:Tempamancers.
Type of Gameplay:Major Supporters and Heavy Hitters(nukers).
Diffuculty to learn(spell quests):Somewhat hard, recommended for intermediate and advanced players.
School colors:White and Red.
School Gemstone:pearl.
Teacher:Merle Ambrose, or other new person.
Monsters:???(this is all your choice right here, KingsIsle).
Strong against:Balance.
Weak against:Balance,Fire,Ice,Storm,Time.
Clothing style: old things, like ancient cloaks.
Weapon types:Mostly Staves, few wands and swords.
Pet types:things that have very longs lives, like dragons and any time-involved creatures.
Symbol:a spiral with a clock hand and 15-min marks.
World of Origin:Somewhere where Time is Involved a lot(again,KingIsle, your choice, make it one of the other coming worlds, or make a new one where time is involved).

A lot to handle and remember, i know, some of these i came up with while writing this message, too! also, feel free to, if you have any ideas or changes you wanna make, lemme know in a reply, i'll try my best to make this to your liking, Cheers!

Justin DragonBlood, Grandmaster Thaumaturge
Hunter StormWraith, Journeyman Pyromancer 8).

I think you should call them kroneataugestes

Explorer
Feb 24, 2010
Ramza1114 wrote:

Awesome idea!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D please please please consider this ki plz!

Survivor
Jul 20, 2010
The time school is pretty good but I doubt that wizard 101 would add a new primary school. They ARE however adding new schools as secondary schools like the Sun, Moon, and Star Schools of magic. Time could be a great school with good attacks, but as a secondary school that would benefit the other schools. Spells could slow down or speed up the fight. Here are some examples of time spells.

Sprint: lvl 3 :Add 3 pips this turn, no pips earned for next 2 turns
Accuracy: 100%: This spell gives 3 pips when you need it in a pinch but you miss out on any new pips for 2 turns. At higher lvls this can be good and bad as you could have gotten up to 2 power pips in those 2 turns, but if you really need those pips for a healing spell , or a high lvl attack then it might be worth it.

Venom: lvl 4: hit for 200 per pip used after 3 turns
Accuracy: 80%: A Viper sneaks through the grass and strikes your oppenent, Depending on how much they struggle (how many pips they use) they recieve damage after 3 turns. The benefits of this is that if you stick it on your opponent that is about to attack, one that has alot of pips, after they use them they will have to pay for it, or they will limit their attacks to keep themselves from getting hit hard.

Resolve: lvl 5: Increase the bonus to attack of this spell 20% for each turn you don't attack while this spell is active.
Accuracy 100%: This is like a blade spell that starts off low powered but after lets say 5 turns becomes very powerful.

All these spells are time effected. they either help you fast forward time like Sprint, inflict damage after a specific amount of time like Venom, or Increase your attack abilities over time like Resolve.