Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Friend getting ERROR, can't PLAY

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 21, 2009
My friend has been trying to play all week, but keeps getting an ERROR during her update installation.
She hasn't played since before Grizzleheim was put in test realm & then released.
When it's doing the updates, it stops & just errors out.
She has tried emailing KI a few times this past week, but no one has replied to her.. So, I'm posting in hopes someone can finally help.

Administrator
I need a little more information before I can help her out.

What exactly is the error she is seeing?

Where does it appear? In the square window that appears after you run the game or in a different window?

When does it appear? After she's logged in and is updating to the most recent version of the game? (the text above the progress bars would say 'updating' instead of just 'scanning')

Which file is it getting stuck on, if any?

She can email me that information directly at community@wizard101.com and I'll see if I can help.

{o,o}
  |)_)
 -?-?-
Survivor
Feb 21, 2009
Gamma wrote:
I need a little more information before I can help her out.

What exactly is the error she is seeing?

Where does it appear? In the square window that appears after you run the game or in a different window?

When does it appear? After she's logged in and is updating to the most recent version of the game? (the text above the progress bars would say 'updating' instead of just 'scanning')

Which file is it getting stuck on, if any?

She can email me that information directly at community@wizard101.com and I'll see if I can help.

I have just TXTed her and told her I got a reply.
The only information I know for sure about is that it happens while she's updating to the newest version, when it's installing all the updates for GH & everything else that has happened in the past month.
She will be emailing you soon with the other information.