Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The Fizzle Solution

AuthorMessage
Defender
May 08, 2009
I no a lot of people complain about the fizzling well i thought of a fair solution.Whenever a person would fizzle they would get a 5 percent accurate charm around them (Just like the stunning).I say it would fair and in balance.As a storm wizard I can fizzle over and over so it would be nice just to give some wizards some help.

Survivor
Feb 21, 2009
Darkhole54321 wrote:
I no a lot of people complain about the fizzling well i thought of a fair solution.Whenever a person would fizzle they would get a 5 percent accurate charm around them (Just like the stunning).I say it would fair and in balance.As a storm wizard I can fizzle over and over so it would be nice just to give some wizards some help.

I disagree i think they should just get rid of the fizzles all together i put up a thread for this as well but idk what happened to it the way i see it is that im always fizzling EXPECIALLY when i really dont want to like when im using my best spells against a boss that would defeat that boss and then it fizzles they use a good spell and i die so even with the accuracy bonus it wouldnt balance it out i think they should just get rid of them period i could probably be at Dragonspyre by this time defeating bosses if it werent for the fizzles (im still in Marleybone)

Explorer
Feb 11, 2009
Why not just start the game at the final battle with every spell in your deck, with permanent shields and guaranteed accuracy? Oh and all the best gear.

Seriously if you never fizzled, there would be littel real risk. As it is the only thing you risk in a fight is your health and mana. Its not like you have any gear on the line.

Explorer
May 09, 2009
jstockton882 wrote:
Darkhole54321 wrote:

I disagree i think they should just get rid of the fizzles all together i put up a thread for this as well but idk what happened to it the way i see it is that im always fizzling EXPECIALLY when i really dont want to like when im using my best spells against a boss that would defeat that boss and then it fizzles they use a good spell and i die so even with the accuracy bonus it wouldnt balance it out i think they should just get rid of them period i could probably be at Dragonspyre by this time defeating bosses if it werent for the fizzles (im still in Marleybone)

Well do you want a challenge in this game or do you want to complete it in a week?

My point is if we always had 100% accuracy then storm would kill everyone. Think of wild bolt with 100% accuracy. Storm would be WAY too powerful in pvp. Fizzles help keep the game balanced.

Survivor
Feb 21, 2009
im just saying its hard enough to try to choose what spells to use next and when your health gets low its just difficult enough already it wouldnt make the game to easy it would just make it alot EASIER! and alot less stressfull ive almost quit the game a few times because i kept losing to bosses BECAUSE of the fizzles :x

Survivor
Jul 06, 2009
One thing about fizzles that bothers me: I know you need to fizzle some to force you to strategize several rounds ahead, however, as a wizard, don't I get better at casting spells as I get higher up? It seems like accuracy should increase something like 1% for every five or ten levels you increase. Don't I get something for my increased knowledge and skill? In real life, I improve on things I do over time and become more accurate. Why not in this game?

It's frustrating that I fizzle as much at level 40 as I did at level 5.

Defender
May 29, 2009

That's exactly the point. Why is everyone trying to make the game EASIER? Games are fun when they're challenging. Part of the strategy is making that hard decision when y our health is low. Do you anticipate what class spell will be cast and put up the appropriate shield? Do you gamble on a kill shot? or do you heal?

If you keep losing to bosses because of the decisions you're making, you should take a good hard look at your strategy. I'm in dragonspyre and I see plenty of wizards there from all schools so obviously, it is very possible to move ahead even with fizzles.

jstockton882 wrote:
im just saying its hard enough to try to choose what spells to use next and when your health gets low its just difficult enough already it wouldnt make the game to easy it would just make it alot EASIER! and alot less stressfull ive almost quit the game a few times because i kept losing to bosses BECAUSE of the fizzles :x

Defender
May 29, 2009

You can increase your accuracy. Certainly at level 40, you should be getting enough gear drops to increase accuracy. Wear that gear -- you may have to farm a few bosses for it, but it will definitely help.

swtogirl wrote:
One thing about fizzles that bothers me: I know you need to fizzle some to force you to strategize several rounds ahead, however, as a wizard, don't I get better at casting spells as I get higher up? It seems like accuracy should increase something like 1% for every five or ten levels you increase. Don't I get something for my increased knowledge and skill? In real life, I improve on things I do over time and become more accurate. Why not in this game?

It's frustrating that I fizzle as much at level 40 as I did at level 5.

Defender
Mar 09, 2009
jstockton882 wrote:
Darkhole54321 wrote:

That wouldn't be fair. The game would to easy. Fizzling makes it a little harder, but I have noticed the fizzling is a bit high. I am a Life student so all of my spell have 90% hit chance. Nature's Wrath fizzles a lot and Leprechaun fizzles quite a bit as well.

Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
jstockton882 wrote:
Darkhole54321 wrote:

if u never fizzle than battles would be WAY to easy

Survivor
Jul 06, 2009
My point is that increased accuracy shouldn't be based on gear. I wear my gear based on maximum HP, attack, shielding, and increased power pips. I have rarely, if ever, seen clothing to increase death's accuracy. It's almost always to increase attack or shielding.

I'm just saying that in my profession, I am better now than I was when I started. If I messed up as much now as when I started, my boss would probably fire me. In real life, we increase our accuracy with knowledge and skill, why not in the game as well?

Survivor
Jun 09, 2009
I fizzle a lot too. It gets frustrating especially when using a powerful fire spell then in fizzles. But it gets you thinking what spell you should cast next. I figured out how a fire spell can fizzle. When you cast the spell you try to form the fire symbol then there's fire swirling around you. Check the swirling fire's color it will help you determine if it would fizzle or not. If its the firered color it won't but if its a yellow or lightish orange it fizzles. IDK how to stop the fizzling. But just to let you guys know. Hope this helps anyone!
:D :D :D

Survivor
Dec 17, 2008
jstockton882 wrote:
Darkhole54321 wrote:

I disagrre with you because it wouldn't be fair for people with low damage dealing spells the reason why their's different accuracy is because their's different damage rate per pip

Survivor
May 08, 2009
I hear alot about fizzle and accuracy and spells cans and cant does HERE IS THE FACTS>

We can do without fizzle PERIOD AND HERES WHY.

A Spell is not perfect as is no wizard. THis is why we have chosen armor. However our SPELLS have an accuracy rate. THis is why we sacrafice health or accuracy for stronger or more accurate spells choosing our schools yes?

THE PROBLEM IS the accuracy they claim and what you get isn't even HALF of what it should be.

Life is 90% and will still fizzle 4 of 10 times. If you are fire or storm lots of luck at 70% and 75% you fizzle 6 of 10 times. Anyone see something wrong with this picture?

Now lets talk all theese bonus shiealds and high points. I have a wizard does life and death I did a full shealds hydra. thats a 400 point average damage full shealds. the + 30 life and death element, +35 life element sheild, _30 life blade, the death 70/30 convert, the whole 9 yards a good 7 sheilds in all and it only did 1490 because the most a spell will do is 5 times it's origional damage value. So I'm still trying to figure out how we are suposed to defeat theese enemies of 40-100,000 when we only have on average 2500 life and can do at best 14,000 in spell damage before dyeing and that includes useing heals IF it doesn't fizzle out.

Which is the last thing I want to get to. WHY is health fizzleing now. Because someone complained we can heal? ISN'T THAT THE WHOLE POINT OF LIFE SPELLS? no heal spell should fizzle it counterdicts the whole point of the game when the main areas of standard play are jeperdised because people pvping complain about being a sore loser or grandmasters brag about victories they did WITH THEIR FRIENDS.

I used to play this 14 hours a day hbecause it was FUN and exciteing that you actualy WANTED TO PLAY. I had 7 wizards. now I play of and on a few times a week and find it a neusence. I have deleted all but 2 main wizards to alt with and if it wasn't for the time and countless hundreds we've spent, wouldn't play at all. The graphics are fantastic but its not worth this. What is the point in playing a game that completly changes itself every time someone screams bloody murder. Basic game play isn't even the same because you can't do what you are suposed to. You can't do theese tasks any more with a friend let alone on your own. And not unless you spend hrs. Who has the time let alone patience.

Defender
May 08, 2009
Survivor
Jul 23, 2009
This game is already ridiculously easy. Removing FIZZLE would make it even more so. If anything were to change in the game I would say add more risk and challenge. Don't take it away.

Survivor
Jun 23, 2009
ace05843 wrote:
I hear alot about fizzle and accuracy and spells cans and cant does HERE IS THE FACTS>

We can do without fizzle PERIOD AND HERES WHY.

A Spell is not perfect as is no wizard. THis is why we have chosen armor. However our SPELLS have an accuracy rate. THis is why we sacrafice health or accuracy for stronger or more accurate spells choosing our schools yes?

THE PROBLEM IS the accuracy they claim and what you get isn't even HALF of what it should be.

Life is 90% and will still fizzle 4 of 10 times. If you are fire or storm lots of luck at 70% and 75% you fizzle 6 of 10 times. Anyone see something wrong with this picture?

Now lets talk all theese bonus shiealds and high points. I have a wizard does life and death I did a full shealds hydra. thats a 400 point average damage full shealds. the + 30 life and death element, +35 life element sheild, _30 life blade, the death 70/30 convert, the whole 9 yards a good 7 sheilds in all and it only did 1490 because the most a spell will do is 5 times it's origional damage value. So I'm still trying to figure out how we are suposed to defeat theese enemies of 40-100,000 when we only have on average 2500 life and can do at best 14,000 in spell damage before dyeing and that includes useing heals IF it doesn't fizzle out.

Which is the last thing I want to get to. WHY is health fizzleing now. Because someone complained we can heal? ISN'T THAT THE WHOLE POINT OF LIFE SPELLS? no heal spell should fizzle it counterdicts the whole point of the game when the main areas of standard play are jeperdised because people pvping complain about being a sore loser or grandmasters brag about victories they did WITH THEIR FRIENDS.

I used to play this 14 hours a day hbecause it was FUN and exciteing that you actualy WANTED TO PLAY. I had 7 wizards. now I play of and on a few times a week and find it a neusence. I have deleted all but 2 main wizards to alt with and if it wasn't for the time and countless hundreds we've spent, wouldn't play at all. The graphics are fantastic but its not worth this. What is the point in playing a game that completly changes itself every time someone screams bloody murder. Basic game play isn't even the same because you can't do what you are suposed to. You can't do theese tasks any more with a friend let alone on your own. And not unless you spend hrs. Who has the time let alone patience.

I agree I have spent a lot of money on this game. It is the most expensive game i have ever played. The graphics are great but tech support is lacking. The game is now full of stress. Life should not fizzle period. We are weak enough. When you spend this much money on a game you want a game you can enjoy. I understood fizzles on my death and storm wizard but my life spells come on.

Survivor
Aug 09, 2009
Yes fizzles are annoying and they can come at a bad time, however everyone seems to have forgotten that the enemy fizzles too and seemingly at the same percentage rate. I was in countless battles that I won only because they fizzled and I didn't.

Having said that, I do agree that you do seem to fizzle at a higher rate than what is stated, but again it seems to happen just as frequently to the monsters.