Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Was my Balance/Storm wizard a bad investment?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 15, 2009
I'm interested in knowing because I think that if Balance's spell, precision (thanks wikia) was placed with a 70% accuracy storm spell, it works; but it would also work with one of the spirit schools....do you have any input?
~Cyber

Survivor
Mar 12, 2009
Hello, i myself have a balance/storm wizard and i love it. To be able to beef up my stormzilla with extra buffs and hexes as well as the precision is awesome, though not as high as class spells, still a pretty decent amount of damage. Balance/storm is a powerhouse combination. I haven't had any problems yet with mine. Precision works well with any school spell, unless its already 100 percent. Hope this helps a little, and good luck.

Defender
Mar 08, 2009
According to most Balance GrandMasters You should do Death up to feint and Ice up to tower shield.

Survivor
Jun 24, 2009
I would agree that you should definitely take Ice to Tower. I can't imagine any wizard other than Ice spending those 5 points anywhere else.

As for Death I think you have a choice of going Death to Feint for offense or Life to Satyr for defense. Since you're balance and you're freeing up the two points you'd spend for your elemental/spirit blade and trap (as well as reshuffle if you want it) . Ice costs 5 for Tower Shield, Death costs 6 for Feint, and Life costs 8 for Satyr so counting in Grizzleheim's training point you'd be 1 point short of maxing out all 3 of them. For now that means choosing (in my mind at least) between Life and Death for a 3rd but I could see arguments for any combination of the 3. Also if they add another training point some time in the future you'll be able to get all 3 of them - Satyr, Tower Shield, and Feint.

Survivor
Oct 19, 2008
I was considering training my sorcerer in Storm as well... In my opinion, training Life up to Satyr is a great idea for any school(except life obviously) but with all the shields and other spells that keep you safe in balance, a high-damage secondary also sounds like a good idea. In the end, though, it's your choice, and Balance being such a powerful school you'll probably be happy any way.

Defender
Sep 28, 2008
cybercaribou wrote:
I'm interested in knowing because I think that if Balance's spell, precision (thanks wikia) was placed with a 70% accuracy storm spell, it works; but it would also work with one of the spirit schools....do you have any input?
~Cyber

Precision is actually just that. A ten percent boost in accuracy. As for Storm as a secondary, I have a Balance Death Ice wizard and a Balance Storm wizard both of which I thoroughly enjoy working. My Balance Death Ice is awesome in the arena and when my smaller wizard grows up, he is still at level 22 currently, I can only assume that he will be a strong contender as well. As far as Life school goes, with your fairies, everyone gets those, and helping hands, Balance school or some crown gear, and any kickback that Death can give, the use of a life school is almost as if it were to be spreading too thin. However if you want to do so please do, as not all things work for all peoples. My smaller wizard, the Balance Storm one will soon be to a level I can start with another school but not sure which one yet.

As for it being a good idea, that depends. Not all schools one likes will work well with that person. I love storm but have a lack in patience to grow a storm wizard. My Balance Storm allows me a better grasp on that. And too, not all schools work well together either. It all depends on you and only you can say whether or not you like the combination as well as whether or not the combination works for you. Personally I like it. They are all great combinations however, the fact still remains that you have to decide what works best for you.

My two cents ...

James DreamRider
lvl 47 Balance Master
No Retreat No Surrender
and No One gets left Behind
USArmy Retired

Survivor
Dec 09, 2008
Hello. My name is Katie Ghost Blood. I grandmasters of Death, Ice, Life, Balance, Myth, Fire But I'm asking how many do you have? So plz tell me. Good Bye for now! ..?